Community
Wiki Posts
Search

We have it SOOOO good at Delta

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:00 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by skchin
Not best for b u t t s, but NWA was good at upgrading their top tier for free to business regardless if back was sold out or not.
Yes, but the phantom upgrades were only there for the last year or 18 months. Bob Soukop was the VP or manager of NW’s loyalty programs and implemented the phantom UG program. I believe he took some flak from employees because this meant their pass tickets ended up in coach.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Was it best for buts?
Yes - - no ifs nor ands. [And that year of phantom upgrades was heaven on a silver & red platter - - got me to buy a model of the NWA A-330 that graces my desk to this day]
Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by shimps1
Well, United sells Economy Plus as legroom only, not enhanced service as well. Delta sells enhanced (albeit minor) service in C+, so obviously you should have been better off on DL.
OP is discussing a TATL flight where C+ is not a separate enhanced service. It's directly comparable to UA E+ on these routes. And the OP is right - of the American 3, DL is the best option in INTL coach generally speaking.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 11:11 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
OP is discussing a TATL flight where C+ is not a separate enhanced service. It's directly comparable to UA E+ on these routes. And the OP is right - of the American 3, DL is the best option in INTL coach generally speaking.
There are very minor service differences. C+ gets an amenity kit TATL.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by mot29
Yes, but the phantom upgrades were only there for the last year or 18 months. Bob Soukop was the VP or manager of NW’s loyalty programs and implemented the phantom UG program. I believe he took some flak from employees because this meant their pass tickets ended up in coach.
As the recipient of 1 of those Phantom upgrades back in 2009 I really appreciated it NRT-MSP. And when I was offered 50K miles as the AV system did not work I turned it down as loyalty goes both way. I miss NW.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by hnewman
And when I was offered 50K miles as the AV system did not work I turned it down as loyalty goes both way.

By 2009 you were basically flying DL, not NW. How do you feel about leaving those 50K miles on the table now?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 3:32 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
By 2009 you were basically flying DL, not NW. How do you feel about leaving those 50K miles on the table now?
Hindsight is 20/20. I did what I thought was the right thing at the time.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 12:39 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Getting back to OT. Flew BA Club Europe yesterday. omg. Do we ever have it good. I have flown inter Europe J on KLM before and knew to expect coach seats with the middle seat converted to a table. However, on KLM the seats at the front of the plane also have more pitch, I think 33 or 34". These were at 30" in row 2 and I was basically in shock, expecting something like C+ service and feeling like I was on Spirit with meal service.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 12:54 am

Programs: DL Plat
Getting back to OT. Flew BA Club Europe yesterday. omg. Do we ever have it good. I have flown inter Europe J on KLM before and knew to expect coach seats with the middle seat converted to a table. However, on KLM the seats at the front of the plane also have more pitch, I think 33 or 34". These were at 30" in row 2 and I was basically in shock, expecting something like C+ service and feeling like I was on Spirit with meal service.
in club europe you also have to pay for advanced seat assignments
Old Nov 5, 2017, 3:13 pm

Delta Comfort+ is light years ahead of United Economy Plus. With Comfort Plus you get complimentary alcoholic beverages wines,beers and spirits on Domestic Flights and the same in both Economy and Comfort+ on international flights.

The IFE on Delta is better than United and the flight attendants, customer service representatives are light years ahead of United. Delta gives the customers a good run for their money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.