Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with SDC using RUC

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Help with SDC using RUC

I am trying to SDC my flights today. Was upgraded to first class. It's my understanding that once my RUC clears, I should be able to SDC to another FC seat. Am I incorrect? I did a few HUCAs and even tried to escalate to a supervisor. If I'm wrong I will keep my flights, but if not I would like to sleep in my own bed tonight. Thanks.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Tried another agent who was able to do it without any issue.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yes you were correct... and its unfortunate that you had to call back several times. If you are confirmed and the ticket reissued with the RUC for the upgrade, then you should be able to SDC to another flight directly into F.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Assuming the routing was valid for the fare and it did not involve going from a connection to a non-stop.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rylan
Yes you were correct... and its unfortunate that you had to call back several times. If you are confirmed and the ticket reissued with the RUC for the upgrade, then you should be able to SDC to another flight directly into F.
I agree. Even got a supervisor with attitude who didn't know the rules. It all worked out, but not without an hour of frustration.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LBJ
Assuming the routing was valid for the fare and it did not involve going from a connection to a non-stop.
Thanks. Definitely was.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by azdmelani
I agree. Even got a supervisor with attitude who didn't know the rules. It all worked out, but not without an hour of frustration.
This referenced post has some instructions on what to tell the agent.

"should you encounter this problem again, ask the agent to contact the Global Ticketing Support Desk for assistance."

Don't know if anybody has tried this or not.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28562388-post3194.html

I've only had this problem once, because generally my RUC upgrades clear at the gate and not in advance. It worked out in my favor, as the second set of agents told me it couldn't be done, then after my pleading and whining they overrode me into P or A class I think. So I got some more MQMs.

David

Last edited by DiverDave; Oct 20, 2017 at 10:54 am
Old Jul 7, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check
I just spent 60 minutes of my life that I will never get back with 3 different agents and 2 different supervisors....come on Delta teach your agents so I don't have to waste your time or mine. I had already cleared using my RUC and wanted to SDC to a later flight. First agent had an attitude and checked with a Supervisor who obviously is clueless as well......second agent was clueless and said "RY" (which I was re ticketed in) was not even a valid class of service and offered to book me back into "U".....checked with a Supervisor who said no go.....3rd agent said I would have to re qualify also.....asked for the "Global Ticketing Support Desk" as instructed in earlier posts on here but she said that wouldn't work cause this was Domestic.... kudos to her though she looked it up and re ticketed me. I should not have to spend hours to do something simple....I do realize there are alot of different rules agents are required to know but I would hope Delta would put this rule somewhere simple where we could direct the agents to it. Is there another name of what I should ask for? Maybe the "Re-issue desk"? Would love to know others thoughts or if this is still a problem for others.
silverforumsurf likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
All of the above scenarios and the fact that as a platinum it is getting to be very, very difficult to use a RUC. I have stopped selecting these as my choice benefit and just select the miles now. At least then I know I can deduct $200 from a FC ticket.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
I thought the mythical "Diamond Desk" agents were supposed to be more seasoned and capable?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:23 pm

@Delta is the easiest way I have found to SDC.
silverforumsurf likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 9:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check
Originally Posted by emrdoc
@Delta is the easiest way I have found to SDC.
Wish they could do this in the Sky Club but they always tell you that you have to call the "Diamond Line"
Old Jul 26, 2018, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CVFDCHIEF180
Wish they could do this in the Sky Club but they always tell you that you have to call the "Diamond Line"
Where? I've SDC numerous times at the SC in multiple cities.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 11:01 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Same, I've never gotten even a whiff of pushback from a club agent when trying to SDC.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Where? I've SDC numerous times at the SC in multiple cities.
In Atlanta.....in the B Skyclub mostly but last time it was in the A 17 club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.