Delta's Domestic 767-300

Reply

Old May 20, 19, 3:46 pm
  #121  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: PHX Sky Harbor
Posts: 91
I have been doing some analysis on Deltas usage (or future reductions) of their 767-300ERs and have noticed that in 2020-April quite a few of the 767-300er legs are being switched to A330-200's, which has me doing some additional analysis. According to DL's current "332" usage - all 11 are used almost to their maximum, yet in 2020-April the schedule shows 6 additional round-trip legs being added: 1) ATL-FRA-ATL 2) DTW-FRA-DTW 3) JFK-FRA-JFK 4) JFK-LHR-JFK 5) MSP-LHR-MSP 6) PDX-NRT-PDX. These added 6 legs are "almost" double the usage of current 332 routes, which ponders my next questions/thoughts. Is Delta picking up some additional used 332's -or- did Delta order new 332's -or- did Delta order new 338's -or- is the 2020-April's list of new 332 routes just "placeholders" ? I'm just trying to make some since of DL's intentions (being a non DL employee, looking into what DL's schedulers would have privy to - creates some curiosity on my part). Just painfully wondering............
ChamplinAl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 19, 4:56 pm
  #122  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: The ATL
Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Posts: 414
Originally Posted by ChamplinAl View Post
I have been doing some analysis on Deltas usage (or future reductions) of their 767-300ERs and have noticed that in 2020-April quite a few of the 767-300er legs are being switched to A330-200's, which has me doing some additional analysis. According to DL's current "332" usage - all 11 are used almost to their maximum, yet in 2020-April the schedule shows 6 additional round-trip legs being added: 1) ATL-FRA-ATL 2) DTW-FRA-DTW 3) JFK-FRA-JFK 4) JFK-LHR-JFK 5) MSP-LHR-MSP 6) PDX-NRT-PDX. These added 6 legs are "almost" double the usage of current 332 routes, which ponders my next questions/thoughts. Is Delta picking up some additional used 332's -or- did Delta order new 332's -or- did Delta order new 338's -or- is the 2020-April's list of new 332 routes just "placeholders" ? I'm just trying to make some since of DL's intentions (being a non DL employee, looking into what DL's schedulers would have privy to - creates some curiosity on my part). Just painfully wondering............
Most likely placeholders. That is 11 months from now.
The did announce that PDX-HND will be on a 332, so that one could very well stick prior to DL closing NRT.

Oh, and this thread is supposed to be about the DOMESTIC 763's, of which there is only one left in the fleet.
FlyBitcoin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 19, 8:03 pm
  #123  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Southern California
Programs: WN A+, AA GLD, UA Silver, MR Titanium, Hilton Silver, Avis Preferred, Hertz 5*
Posts: 1,888
Originally Posted by sqg13 View Post
Seem like A321 starting today replacing 763.

Is N1402A being retired too? It's flying ATL-SVN-RIV today https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n1402a
I was wondering why this huge Delta plane was parked near the terminal or did ONT- ATL get an upgrade.

It looks like a set of charter type retirement flights, but it does seem to be going back and forth quite a bit.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N1402A/history/20190522/2110Z/KSVN/KONT
rasheed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 19, 9:17 pm
  #124  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area) and near LAX (El Segundo CA)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
Posts: 12,255
SVN is Hunter Army Airfield at Fort Stewart near Savannah; RIV is March Air Reserve Base near Riverside CA, which is the departure point for a lot of C-5/C-17/KC-10 missions to Korea, Japan, Australia, and numerous other military TPAC destinations
jrl767 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 19, 10:27 pm
  #125  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Programs: DL FO, Marriott LT Plat
Posts: 451
N1402A is running charters until she ferries to SBD for retirement. June 2nd or 3rd is the target. The end is (finally) nigh!
PurdueFlyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 19, 10:40 pm
  #126  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Posts: 2,111
Originally Posted by PurdueFlyer View Post
N1402A is running charters until she ferries to SBD for retirement. June 2nd or 3rd is the target. The end is (finally) nigh!
End of an era. A little sad. That said, good riddance to the 4 megabit per second ATG wifi shared with 260 passengers on the plane.
ethernal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 19, 7:18 am
  #127  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold Elite
Posts: 34
Originally Posted by ethernal View Post
End of an era. A little sad. That said, good riddance to the 4 megabit per second ATG wifi shared with 260 passengers on the plane.
I'll second this - used to fly this plane weekly SEA to MSP/DTW and back, the WiFi barely let my email come through during it's best moments.
ethernal likes this.
rkoechel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 19, 8:46 am
  #128  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: The ATL
Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Posts: 414
The last domestic 767 is headed for retirement in the next couple of hours.

N1402A flew its last commercial ops yesterday on ATL-SLC-ATL.

Retirement flight: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...710Z/KATL/KBYH
LY777 and Zorak like this.
FlyBitcoin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 19, 7:30 pm
  #129  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Non-Rev Life
Posts: 2,537
I'll miss them. F wasn't F at all, but it was great for those of us in the back. Sure beat flying an A321 or 739.
pgh234 likes this.
DCP2016 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 19, 7:38 pm
  #130  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area) and near LAX (El Segundo CA)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
Posts: 12,255
saw it parked at ATL Gate T1 on Mon morning when my DCA flight was taxiing out ...

I was on that jet in Nov 2005, CVG-MCO (upgraded as FO)
jrl767 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 19, 2:19 am
  #131  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: ANC
Programs: DL Gold
Posts: 377
Flew on N1402A last year on the nonstop ANC-ATL. Very dated plane but brought back memories! My husband flew on it a week or two later and it was plagued with MX delays. Disappointed that this summer's flights between ANC-ATL was only offered on a 757. Would love to see a 767 with D1 on the route.
GagaPilot is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread