Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Additional tarriffs on the CS100...ugh...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Additional tarriffs on the CS100...ugh...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: Skymiles GM
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Given that the Embraer E195 will haul 100+ passengers, is this really such a problem? I'd much rather fly in one of the newer Embraers than in a stretched-out Canadian beer can.

Double those tariffs again!
The C Series is a clean sheet design and is supposed to be unbelievably comfortable. Way better design than anything Boeing has come up with recently.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bretthexum
This whole thing is pure nonsense. If Boeing actually had a competitor to this jet maybe they'd have an argument. What's the closest in size, the 717? And how long has it been since one of those was sold.
“A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want.” - Milton Friedman
jinglish likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
One of my biggest disappointments in modern capitalism is the fact that corporate investment in market manipulation through lobbying has become more profitable than investing in product development, innovation, and efficient production.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:13 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by anon2k2
[...] investing in product development, innovation, and efficient production.
In my knowledge of economics, companies in industries that are monopolistic/oligopolistic tend to have little motivation to do these things (invest/innovate).

These tariffs are a way to limit competition. I'm not aware of any need for tariffs on this aircraft. We've see how bad tariffs can be -- now isn't the time to bring them back... Imho
​​​​​
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
It looks like there will be an ethics and corruption investigation into Airbus. Big freakin surprise. As sure as water is wet, Airbus is corrupt.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jamiestr
The C Series is a clean sheet design and is supposed to be unbelievably comfortable. Way better design than anything Boeing has come up with recently.
I flew on Air Baltic's CS300 last month and was quite impressed (minus the horribly uncomfortable bench seats, thank you Air Baltic). The C series is hauntingly quiet during takeoff.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
on DL's 3Q earnings call today, EB was very clear and repeated many times that DL intends to take delivery of these planes and will not pay for any tariffs.

He went on to say later that DL has some contingency plans but would not elaborate what they are or elaborate on how the DL contact is structured with BBD to perhaps allow DL to cancel the order. So, get the popcorn...
Old Oct 11, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by woodford02A
on DL's 3Q earnings call today, EB was very clear and repeated many times that DL intends to take delivery of these planes and will not pay for any tariffs.

He went on to say later that DL has some contingency plans but would not elaborate what they are or elaborate on how the DL contact is structured with BBD to perhaps allow DL to cancel the order. So, get the popcorn...
Sounds like DL is going to call the government's bluff. I wouldn't be surprised if they never order another Boeing plane.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by woodford02A

I'll tell you one thing, if the tariffs stand, I highly doubt you're going to see DL go to Boeing for replacements!
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by WWads
Sounds like DL is going to call the government's bluff. I wouldn't be surprised if they never order another Boeing plane.
Great Minds!

But if DL doesn't ever order another Boeing plane, how will DL ever get the 787? The only plane ever built that will guarantee profits for carriers operating 787's and ensure the bankruptcy of any carrier foolish enough to not own any!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kop84
I'll tell you one thing, if the tariffs stand, I highly doubt you're going to see DL go to Boeing for replacements!
My guess would be Embraer. The only other option would be to change DL's long-term fleet plans. I'm guessing that they're going to fight to the bitter end on this one. DL REALLY needs these new planes. The MD88s are done, and the CRJ200s are getting there too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.