Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

In-flight Texting/messaging free starting this weekend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

In-flight Texting/messaging free starting this weekend

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
The texting option wasn't even available on my recent JFK-LAS-JFK flights on 757 with 2KU. I know how to use this from prior DL flights but that free texting option wasn't even an option no matter how many different Gogo pages I tried on the WiFi by clicking around.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by Xeno
I just got an email from DL claiming free messaging on my "flight to AKL" coming up in a few days.

The actual flights are OKC-ATL-LAX-SYD-AKL. It is DL metal up to SYD then VA to AKL.

I am just confused that even if VA has Gogo that DL is claiming free messaging on that flight. No worries for me because I have iPass which should get me connected I hope.
After GoGo failures on two DL flights today (OKC-ATL-BOS), I am quite certain the email I got was generated by IT based on a unified ticket that terminates at AKL. I asked Gogo and even they have no idea if my VA flight will even have Gogo.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
I have not been able to make this work....I have imessage and connect to gogo but can't get past that
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: Delta Plat
I have been able to get it to work on all my flights, and even Facebook works.

But what annoys me if you activate the texting and then decide you want to use INTERWEB it's a pain in the ... to switch

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.