Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeromexico upgrades for DL SE+

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:14 am

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Originally Posted by davistev
What is the latest? Is it now automatic?
It now appears close to automatic, with upgrade list functionality built into the AM app (not website-- so far). Close to a formal process, however, I'm pretty sure I was not upgraded today by not being at the gate when seats were handed out-- out of US, at least, I'd say, get to the gate early for now.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by kthomas
Waiting for something from this month to post to see if this continues.
So far, all my AM flights this year have been booked on delta.com, and upgrades have not resulted in 150% miles. YMMV; the AM site is a bear to use, and resets if you don't complete booking in 7.5 minutes or so from starting an inquiry ... so maybe AM stock still earns the bonus.

Originally Posted by kthomas
Do we have any information on upgrades on other routes? AM's website seems to imply that they upgrade their elites at T-72, but isn't really clear on if this applies to non US/MX routes or to STE+.
It's still unclear to me what operational practice may be outside US/MX-Caribbean-Central Am-Ecuador-Columbia. The IT changes look fairly Delta-like and DL may even be providing some of the tech or support (?) as systems formalize. On the other hand, given previous informality and actuality, AM may upgrade on routes offered to its elites.

With F running pretty empty on AM routes, upgrades would also likely bring AM more business from ST elites ...
Old Feb 19, 2018, 4:26 pm

Does anyone have experience with whether upgrades are available on AM flights direct from Canada to MEX with Delta GM status? From what I can tell it's not possible from Canada, but I figured I should ask since I know upgrades are possible at the gate for US - MEX flights. Thanks!
Old Feb 19, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Funny story... MEX-TIJ... Checked in and had to add my number and get on the list.. Well lucky I noticed it was another PAX she checked in with a last name close to mine.. So she checks me in and gets me on the list.. Come to see the upgrade list.. He is on it and AHEAD of me! With my status! I was on a flexible N fare.. We were on the bottom, and never cleared (I should have grabbed the 787) I'd be pissed if he cleared though!
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
A few weeks ago I checked the app on my way to the airport (MEX) and it seemed that my name was on the list as #1 while my spouse was not on the list. When we were at the counter, I asked to include her on the list. I refreshed the app and suddenly my name appears at the bottom right before hers. Turns out #1 was a passenger with the same first 3 letters of my last name and the first letter of my name, and not me

We did clear, but seems that the process is still semi-automatic but not smart enough, as there were a few pairs of open seats, but as always, we ended up sitting far from each other.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: AA PLT, DL GLD, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club PLT, Hertz PC
Is there a minimum booking code to buy (i buy my tickets thru delta.com) for the reservation to be eliigible for upgrade on AM metal? I know basic economy is excluded. i have had mixed experiences. M booking code seems to let me upgrade. K booking code does not. however, i was told from chat that i could be added at check in (btw...AM app or website never lets me check in...) even on PNR's when i booked on K or so booking codes.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Platinum
Anybody has any experience being upgraded on a DL-marketed AM-operated flight (e.g. JFK-MEX on AM's 789) within the 120-hours window as Delta Platinum / Diamond?
Old Jul 12, 2020, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by axr12345
Anybody has any experience being upgraded on a DL-marketed AM-operated flight (e.g. JFK-MEX on AM's 789) within the 120-hours window as Delta Platinum / Diamond?
Think I answered this elsewhere (AM forum): yes, often happens but there appears no consistency. Informality rules on AM to some degree still.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.