Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL and AF are "realigning class of service"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL and AF are "realigning class of service"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton
Leaving tomorrow, I didn't get G on either of my domestic legs. Not sure if I should have, but not too worried about it either way since it's a CR2 on the way out, and a 1-hour CR9 flight on the return.

Related question. I'm flying TYS-DTW on DL metal, then DTW-CDG-VIE on AF metal, all DL flight numbers/006 ticket number. I'm assuming the DL app won't tell me much once I land in CDG and that I'll need to check in with AF for my return. However, when I created an AF account and tried to add the reservation it won't let me. On the app, it says something like "You can't add this reservation from your current country." When I login on a regular browser and try to add it, it tells me "This reservation is already added to your itinerary", but it doesn't show up on the list. Am I pretty much stuck flying blind and having to do a Kiosk check-in on the return? I'll have a bag to check, so probably no big deal checking in at the kiosk unless the line is really long. It would be nice to be able to get gate/terminal info while in CDG though.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Grogs
Leaving tomorrow, I didn't get G on either of my domestic legs. Not sure if I should have, but not too worried about it either way since it's a CR2 on the way out, and a 1-hour CR9 flight on the return.

Related question. I'm flying TYS-DTW on DL metal, then DTW-CDG-VIE on AF metal, all DL flight numbers/006 ticket number. I'm assuming the DL app won't tell me much once I land in CDG and that I'll need to check in with AF for my return. However, when I created an AF account and tried to add the reservation it won't let me. On the app, it says something like "You can't add this reservation from your current country." When I login on a regular browser and try to add it, it tells me "This reservation is already added to your itinerary", but it doesn't show up on the list. Am I pretty much stuck flying blind and having to do a Kiosk check-in on the return? I'll have a bag to check, so probably no big deal checking in at the kiosk unless the line is really long. It would be nice to be able to get gate/terminal info while in CDG though.
This isn't specifically the question you're asking, but you cannot count on the DL app in Europe for such things as checking flight status exAMS for DL operated flights. I discovered this when I was waiting for the lounge for boarding to begin by checking the app and I almost missed my flight. I would expect the same or worse to be true at CDG.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This isn't specifically the question you're asking, but you cannot count on the DL app in Europe for such things as checking flight status exAMS for DL operated flights. I discovered this when I was waiting for the lounge for boarding to begin by checking the app and I almost missed my flight. I would expect the same or worse to be true at CDG.
I figured ithe DL app would be pretty useless in Europe, especially on AF metal. Even on the two websites, neither one has all the information. AF doesn't know my seats for my domestic legs, and DL doesn't know my seats for the CDG-VIE legs. Either the flights will show up on the AF App when I land in Paris, or else I'll just have to do it "old school" and look at the monitors. The good news is that it's a business trip, so if things really go sideways, I can always call our travel office and have them fix it. It might be in the middle seat of row 65 or something, but they'll get me a ticket home.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Grogs
I figured ithe DL app would be pretty useless in Europe, especially on AF metal. Even on the two websites, neither one has all the information. AF doesn't know my seats for my domestic legs, and DL doesn't know my seats for the CDG-VIE legs. Either the flights will show up on the AF App when I land in Paris, or else I'll just have to do it "old school" and look at the monitors. The good news is that it's a business trip, so if things really go sideways, I can always call our travel office and have them fix it. It might be in the middle seat of row 65 or something, but they'll get me a ticket home.
In my case it was a DL operated (and DL marketed on DL ticket stock) that just happened to be departing from AMS. The app showed it as on time in flight status, but failed to ever change the status to boarding. To me, this wouldn't necessarily be intuitive that one should ignore the app (or lack of a boarding notification) and constantly check airport/lounge monitors.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
In my case it was a DL operated (and DL marketed on DL ticket stock) that just happened to be departing from AMS. The app showed it as on time in flight status, but failed to ever change the status to boarding. To me, this wouldn't necessarily be intuitive that one should ignore the app (or lack of a boarding notification) and constantly check airport/lounge monitors.
Well, here's the first evidence. I got an email and an app notification from DL that my departure time from DTW had been changed from 8:45 to 8:45. At the same time, I got an email from AF that the departure time has been changed to 9:40. At least the AF email alerts seem to work, even if their app doesn't. Now I'll have to look into changing my connection in CDG since that probably means I'll have less than an hour to connect there.

Edit: I finally got the AF app working. When I punched in my DL PNR on the AF.us site, it showed me the AF PNR at the top. Using that one let me import the flight. Unfortunately, neither DL nor AF are giving me the option to pick another flight out of CDG, although DL notes the connection is probably too short.

Last edited by Grogs; Sep 24, 2017 at 11:21 am
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: DL Plat
I originally bought a W fare on AF with DL flight numbers. The tickets were "realigned" to G a few months back. I just checked in on DL.com and my boarding pass shows Economy (G) on the AF legs, however the seat assignment is showing as being in premium ecoonomy and AF.com shows premium economy. Is this just a DL.com IT bug?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by runningformqm
I originally bought a W fare on AF with DL flight numbers. The tickets were "realigned" to G a few months back. I just checked in on DL.com and my boarding pass shows Economy (G) on the AF legs, however the seat assignment is showing as being in premium ecoonomy and AF.com shows premium economy. Is this just a DL.com IT bug?
While DL now uses P,A,G fares for Premium Economy flights, a G fare on AF is a deep discount economy fare (AF uses W,S,A fares for PE). If the flight numbers are now AF coded, it would likely confuse delta.com. As long as AF thinks you are in PE, you are probably good.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 1:44 am

Programs: DL Plat
Thanks for the advice, no issue flying in premium economy on af.

However the tatl leg posted as not mileage earning elgible (the intra europe leg posted with the 50% mqm bonus) so seems a call to dl is in order be sure to watch what posts to dl after flying
Old Nov 23, 2017, 3:08 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
When this happened to me with a VS flight I found that sending an email through the DL website was more effective than calling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.