Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Avissi Prosecco

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Isn't the Moet from California basically the same as Moet from France? Same grapes, same technique, same company. Just a different location. Kind of like a BMW assembled in North America as opposed to Germany.
Maybe like a BMW design with different parts suppliers? Domaine Chandon (CA) was indeed founded by Moet & Chandon (Champagne, FR) before even I was born and use the same method with roughly the same grapes but I *believe* the Chandon is aged ~ 18 months-2 years and the Moet & Chandon is aged 3-4 years so that would account for the majority of the taste and part of the price differential. I absolutely love Domaine Chandon for the price. Costco - $14.99 - a delightful sparkling wine.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Delta Skymiles PM, AA ExPlat, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Isn't the Moet from California basically the same as Moet from France? Same grapes, same technique, same company. Just a different location. Kind of like a BMW assembled in North America as opposed to Germany.
Only problem with that is that the soil that the grapes are grown in can affect the flavor of the resulting wine.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:55 am

There is no Moet et Chandon champagne other than what is made from grapes grown in Champagne in a limited designated area, almost half of which is designated Grand Cru. LVMH has started Chandon wineries in California, China, India, Argentina and a couple of other places I think. The California wine (Domaine Chandon) is indeed a great inexpensive nonvintage sparkling wine. But the difference is like a VW assembled in Mexico versus a Porsche made in Germany.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:21 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Looks like DL will now be offering the Avissi prosecco for free in international Y as well...

http://news.delta.com/free-sparkling...tional-flights
Old Oct 6, 2017, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Looks like DL will now be offering the Avissi prosecco for free in international Y as well...

http://news.delta.com/free-sparkling...tional-flights
I'm going to take credit for this. I've slurped down prosecco on DL at every opportunity to make sure they know customers like it, even when it was warm and even when I wanted Bombay. I can mix it up now!
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by bergamini
Maybe like a BMW design with different parts suppliers? Domaine Chandon (CA) was indeed founded by Moet & Chandon (Champagne, FR) before even I was born and use the same method with roughly the same grapes but I *believe* the Chandon is aged ~ 18 months-2 years and the Moet & Chandon is aged 3-4 years so that would account for the majority of the taste and part of the price differential. I absolutely love Domaine Chandon for the price. Costco - $14.99 - a delightful sparkling wine.
Yes, but Chandon also has reserve and vintage products, most of which many will never taste. All that said, on the lower price point end of the spectrum of bubbles, the Cava and Prosecco are going to be where its at for the airplane, and I'd much rather drink an average "either of those" than a similarly-priced bottle of California gassed wine.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Yes, but Chandon also has reserve and vintage products, most of which many will never taste. All that said, on the lower price point end of the spectrum of bubbles, the Cava and Prosecco are going to be where its at for the airplane, and I'd much rather drink an average "either of those" than a similarly-priced bottle of California gassed wine.
Maybe, as long as the Prosecco isn't too sweet. There are indeed some really wretched CA sparkling wines but I'd rather drink Korbel than most proseccos. The problem mostly being that they are going to pick whomever has the best deal to them and not QPR.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
I'm with you, I keep ordering it so that they keep it as a option. Its ok, not great but a nice option. My recent experience has been that it is colder and thus better after takeoff. It doesn't seem to be catered very cold.
bergamini likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 7:54 am

Why can't DL have free mimosa's in the sky club? They are ridiculously expensive...
Old Oct 7, 2017, 9:13 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Had 3 glasses LGA-ATL not bad!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I had four bottles of Avissi extra-dry the other day while flying domestic first-class on a 4-hour flight. I would have had a fifth, but they ran out. It was excellent. The lead flight attendant told me they can't get enough of them from catering. She says they run out every flight, especially on the return flights from the islands in the Caribbean as there is no re-catering of alcohol for return flights to Atlanta and New York.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I can confirm the prosecco is now available in international Y - and catered in at least enough quantity for me to score a bottle in both the first and second meal service.

This is now the new prize on the cart for TATL flights, equivalent to the sake on Japan flights. The quality is so much higher than the red and (especially) white wines it isn’t even funny...

^ to this change; now you folks better not drink it all before the cart gets to my seat!
Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Slightly OT, but I thought we'd all enjoy this bit of news:

Quebec man sues airline over 'champagne service' that offers ordinary sparkling wine

bergamini likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 1:31 am

Enjoying 4th split of Avissi on TPAC now (hope to get a couple more before landing). For economy class this proseco is excellent. The food was also very decent so far (even mid-flight pizza and ice cream) . Flight is half empty, so I voluntary downgraded myself from C+ to Y so I could spread out. Best flight I had in Y for a while on any airline.

Last edited by AntonS; Nov 20, 2017 at 1:37 am
Old Nov 20, 2017, 4:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
There were only 11 bottles of Avissi on a flight from London-Detroit last week. It was gone before the first meal was served.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.