Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Avissi Prosecco

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Delta Avissi Prosecco

I was wondering how you enjoy the Avissi Prosecco served on Delta. In Delta Comfort+ and First Class do they give you just a cup or do they give you a split?How do you like the taste?

Thanks
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
Do they even have the prosecco any longer? It's not listed in Aug or Sep Sky Magazine
Old Sep 8, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
they did as of...two days ago!
Old Sep 8, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I like it just fine, but I'm not a real big wine guy. I'm sure someone else can chime in. I will say I have always gotten a split, even when asking for a mimosa (good thing too BC premixed mimosas on planes are almost always way too much OJ). I did watch an FA on a CR2 pour a split between two cups and do mimosas for two C+ occupants once FWIW.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
I enjoy it in a plastic cup in C+, in a glass in F. They give you the small bottle and you pour yourself, usually, in C+. In F, they usually fill the glass and give you any left in the bottle.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:50 pm

Quite enjoyable, and finally a hillbilly option for a domestic mimosa. Seems they're pretty silent about availability, but we enjoy.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 6:01 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I witnessed a friendly argument between a French passenger and a DL FA. The passenger was very offended because she offered him Champagne and he was served Avissi.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 6:46 am
Taz

Programs: DL PM
They had it a week ago. I don't care for it on it's own, but it was fine in a mimosa.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Yep. It is a $10 prosecco, only good for mimosas and the likes. Not something one can really "enjoy".
Old Sep 9, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by SDQBound
I witnessed a friendly argument between a French passenger and a DL FA. The passenger was very offended because she offered him Champagne and he was served Avissi.
LOL the Frencies are so particular.In all fairness though, it was dumb for an FA to say Champagne instead of Prosecco .
Old Sep 10, 2017, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by pharmawalk
LOL the Frencies are so particular.In all fairness though, it was dumb for an FA to say Champagne instead of Prosecco .
How can we blame them in this case ? Prosecco and Champagne are indeed two different wines, made using a different technique, from different grapes.
nogophers likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 1:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Whenever I'm offered some "champagne" by a FA, I always verify that it is real French champagne from the Champagne area of France. Sometimes they're still confused about the distinction.
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Champagne is a very different animal from Prosecco indeed. I'm not a fan of the Deta offering, but I'm also not above downing one every now and then.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:49 pm

Some Californian champagnes are absolutely competitive, though, and those are made using same grapes and techniques, only 9 times zones west of Reims.
I wouldn't object if a FA offered me "champagne" and poured a glass of Roederer Estate.
In fact, I'm not sure why Delta caters some forgettable prosecco instead of a California basic NV. How much money can they save ?
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There are also some very nice white sparkling wines from Argentina.....and they're inexpensive for the quality.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.