Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Question: Platinum Medallion award redeposit fee waiver.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:39 am
Original Poster

I understand that, as a platinum medallion, I don't pay award redeposit fee if I want to cancel an award ticket booked with Delta.

My question is, if I use my skymiles to book a DL award ticket for someone else (for example, family member), does the Platinum Medallion award redeposit fee waiver applies if I cancel the (family member's) DL award ticket later (i.e. Do I pay award redeposit fee if I cancel someone else's DL award ticket that's booked using my skymiles)???
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:10 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
I understand that, as a platinum medallion, I don't pay award redeposit fee if I want to cancel an award ticket booked with Delta.

My question is, if I use my skymiles to book a DL award ticket for someone else (for example, family member), does the Platinum Medallion award redeposit fee waiver applies if I cancel the (family member's) DL award ticket later (i.e. Do I pay award redeposit fee if I cancel someone else's DL award ticket that's booked using my skymiles)???
The waiver applies for an award ticket booked from your account. So an award ticket booked for a family member from your account could be redeposited without fee. The 72 hour rule, however, still applies.

Also note, an award ticket booked with you as the passenger from a non-DM/PM account would still be subject to the redeposit fee.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Note also that what matters here is PM/DM status of the account holder at the time the award ticket is cancelled, not when the ticket is booked or the scheduled date of travel.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:22 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Note also that what matters here is PM/DM status of the account holder at the time the award ticket is cancelled, not when the ticket is booked or the scheduled date of travel.
^ - that's a great point!
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Was just wondering about this - thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Bumping this up (didn't find a thread that was better).

What happens if we are on the same PNR but my wife can't go. In this case we have a family trip this summer and the award pricing is decent so I'd like to lock it in but there's a chance with work that my wife can't come.

Will I be able to cancel and redeposit just her ticket (sans fee as a PM) or would I have to cancel for both of us and risk paying a higher price for mine? I guess it comes down to whether they will split the PNR to facilitate canceling
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by Duke787
Bumping this up (didn't find a thread that was better).

What happens if we are on the same PNR but my wife can't go. In this case we have a family trip this summer and the award pricing is decent so I'd like to lock it in but there's a chance with work that my wife can't come.

Will I be able to cancel and redeposit just her ticket (sans fee as a PM) or would I have to cancel for both of us and risk paying a higher price for mine? I guess it comes down to whether they will split the PNR to facilitate canceling
You can cancel one person’s ticket without affecting the others on the same PNR.
QDDawg likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Amtrak Select
Does the PM waiver also apply if the flight is on a partner carrier, specifically West Jet in the case I'm looking into?
Old Nov 11, 2019, 10:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by AALoyalNYC
Does the PM waiver also apply if the flight is on a partner carrier, specifically West Jet in the case I'm looking into?
Yes if it's an award ticket purchased using DL miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.