Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta FlyterTalk Mods Rashly Closing Threads

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta FlyterTalk Mods Rashly Closing Threads

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; Hilton Gold; Hertz President circle
Question Delta FlyterTalk Mods Rashly Closing Threads

I'm fairly new to FlyertTalk (I've been reading actively for about 18 months or so), but it seems to me that recently the Mods have been closing a lot more threads than normal. I've noticed a few sotries that had been shut down in the middle of interesting conversations - most notably was the Ann Coulter thread from a few weeks ago, though there have been others that readily come to mind.

Is it just me or have they been super aggressive in shutting down threads these days?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by SFCav
I'm fairly new to FlyertTalk (I've been reading actively for about 18 months or so), but it seems to me that recently the Mods have been closing a lot more threads than normal. I've noticed a few sotries that had been shut down in the middle of interesting conversations - most notably was the Ann Coulter thread from a few weeks ago, though there have been others that readily come to mind.

Is it just me or have they been super aggressive in shutting down threads these days?
No, based on having been here for a while, I'm not surprised about the threads that have gotten closed. Some have remained open when I thought they might be closed. The mods can remove posts, but you can usually tell when the thread is headed the wrong way. The Ann Coulter thread belonged on OMNI and there probably was a thread there, but I don't remember.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
From FT's TOS:

Discussion Of Moderator Actions
Moderators value your private views and feedback related to their actions and duties. You may submit appropriate feedback to moderators by private message or e-mail. Do not post comments about moderator decisions or actions, or about the work of moderators, unless a moderator has invited members to post feedback in a particular thread.

Therefore I am closing this thread.

RSSrsvp - Moderator

PS, the DL forum does offer our members an option to discuss our actions that you will not find elsewhere on FT.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...vacuation.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.