Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Aircraft downgrade tonight - NO DeltaOne!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aircraft downgrade tonight - NO DeltaOne!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Aircraft is currently inbound to JFK from Lisbon where it continues to SFO as DL439 and then returns to JFK as DL2521 --

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...100Z/LPPT/KJFK
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:43 am

Its a 75S
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by woodford02A
was the OP moved to an economy seat or still in the J cabin?
Still held J seats
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
Originally Posted by SFWanderer
Still held J seats
$1000 compensation plus you continue to hold a lie-flat J seat!? You have nothing to complain about!

IMO the 75S seat is far better than the 767 that was originally scheduled.

Aside from not being seated next to your husband, you are actually coming out ahead.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Seems pretty lucky to still have seats in J considering the 763 to 75S downgauge means a loss of at least 10 seats up front. Its probably oversold across the board.

If you really ended up with 1k in vouchers each for going from a 763 D1 seat to a 75S D1 seat thats quite a deal.

Was it a normal F 757 when the agent called, and then the flight got bumped back up to the 75S?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:57 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
OP - have you checked your reservation on Delta.com to confirm that you are a) still in J, and b) still flying tonight?

Given the downgrade in aircraft and the voucher I wonder if there was a miscommunication from Delta on what they were actually calling about.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL
Must have a problem with at least one member of the the 76Z fleet. There was yesterday's downgrade to a 75P (ouch), and now today there's this scheduled downgauge to a 75S.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
At this point I wouldn't put it past DL. Sell seats as DeltaOne then switch to regular F. Not cool.
DL doesn't do this on purpose. Things happen and the airline can either substitute equipment or cancel the flight.

If it's a big problem for you, then ask about the options for a reroute (SFO-LAX-JFK) or to take a later flight.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

$1000 compensation plus you continue to hold a lie-flat J seat!? You have nothing to complain about!

Aside from not being seated next to your husband, you are actually coming out ahead.
Yes, I agree! Now knowing this is 75S I am a happy camper! I came out way ahead if this all holds true tonight.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTT
OP - have you checked your reservation on Delta.com to confirm that you are a) still in J, and b) still flying tonight?

Given the downgrade in aircraft and the voucher I wonder if there was a miscommunication from Delta on what they were actually calling about.
yes, this has been confirmed. Thank you for the heads up.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Yes, I agree! Now knowing this is 75S I am a happy camper! I came out way ahead if this all holds true tonight.
Please report back. I would be very surprised if DL gave you a voucher for moving to a 75S. If they had originally had a domestic F cabin as the swap, and then later found a way to use a 75S, then maybe.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TTT
Sorry to hear that. Can you call back and see about routing via LAX maybe?
I did this once when DL did a equip swap, and this was on an EUA. Even better went from the 757 to 763 (this was back when 757 was just the recliner seats).

+1. I'd love a $1000 ECV for getting what I paid for!
Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
At this point I wouldn't put it past DL. Sell seats as DeltaOne then switch to regular F. Not cool.
They offered a substantial voucher for what is very likely an unavoidable substitution. Would you rather they just cancel the flight? I'm sure the other $150+ people on the flight would be unimpressed.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Looks like plane indeed did have lie-flats. FlightRadar24 is showing DL 2521 being operated by N721TW. I would take that "downgrade" any day for a $1000 voucher
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by minnyfly
Must have a problem with at least one member of the the 76Z fleet. There was yesterday's downgrade to a 75P (ouch), and now today there's this scheduled downgauge to a 75S.

This.

Ship 175 (a 76Z) went inop at LHR yesterday when a pilot noticed a crack near the tail. Clearly caused a cascade of equipment changes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.