Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Need advice for what to do at MSP for 3 hour layover

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need advice for what to do at MSP for 3 hour layover

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: Delta, AA, United, Hilton Diamond, Marriott
There are good views of the ongoing hotel project from the A Concourse windows. The steel is in for the new skybridge from the hotel to the concourse which will include a new security checkpoint (remains to be seen what hours it would be staffed, and by design would apply to carry on only). The hotel will have a bar on top floor which should also be a great viewing area. The other construction going on is the relocation of the outbound roadway, parking admin building and pay booths to make room for the expansion of the parking deck.

My current favorite restaurants are Stone Arch, located just inside the south checkpoint at the entrance to the G concourse (the old Chilis location) and at Terminal 2, Barrio.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by 206driver
There are good views of the ongoing hotel project from the A Concourse windows. The steel is in for the new skybridge from the hotel to the concourse which will include a new security checkpoint (remains to be seen what hours it would be staffed, and by design would apply to carry on only). The hotel will have a bar on top floor which should also be a great viewing area. The other construction going on is the relocation of the outbound roadway, parking admin building and pay booths to make room for the expansion of the parking deck.
At a recent MAC meeting, regarding the hotel checkpoint, it was said that TSA checkpoint hours are still TBD, but that there will be an "unstaffed" exit that would be available 24x7 to go from airside to hotel via the new bridge. Hotel is planning to run a shuttle to/from main terminal as well.

Hotel to open Summer 2018.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Gig103
If you still wanted to visit the Escape Lounge (which I found very nice), they are still listed on Loungebuddy (dot com) with a $40 entrance fee. But if your FT profile is correct and you are Diamond, you would also have complimentary access to the Sky Club. Is Escape that much better (I haven't been to an SC)?
I've heard the alcohol and food selection is better at Escape but has gone downhill.

I see Escape closes at 8 now anyway so I wouldn't have much time there anyway since I land just before 7.

I haven't been to the MSP Skyclubs but over the past couple years the quality of the food at the SC's I frequent has improved a lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.