Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL in J - A333 or B764

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: AS, DL GM, AA, HH Plat, IHG
Originally Posted by jah718
Surely the reverse herring bone on the A330 will always be superior to the 767 seat. I can't see why anyone would ever pick the 767 seat over the A330 IMO.
I do, because my "smaller" personal item with meds, books, toiletries, spare socks, etc. fits exactly in the space in front of the console and the seat back ahead when using even-numbered A or D seats on the 767 -- eliminates the need to get up and move about the cabin to reach the overheads when I need something during the flight. It allows open and easy access to the aisle, and I've never been bothered by people moving in the aisle, despite some other people complaining about this. The lack of similar storage on the 330's makes it less desirable for me. But some of the 767 seats are really beginning to show and feel their age. Since I'm well under 6 feet tall I fit into most seats just fine, but larger folks may not fare as well.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Well I am 6'2, so that A333 it is.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Surely the reverse herring bone on the A330 will always be superior to the 767 seat. I can't see why anyone would ever pick the 767 seat over the A330 IMO.
Much easier to look out the window from an odd seat on the 767 I think.
I like these seats. Haven't been on DL's A330, but I do like AA/CX's version a lot. But the 767 are fine for me (5'8") and I wouldn't go out of my way to avoid, but I understand if you're bigger you might.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
As long as its Row 1, 767 is great!

Does not feel tight to me
Old Jun 26, 2017, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by jan8
Well I am 6'2, so that A333 it is.
I'm only 5'8 and still find the A333 seats far more comfortable. Just flew DL One last week and was impressed.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
I despise the coffin seats on the 764s
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
After reading all the FT threads, I also thought the same thing. Then I actually flew both planes and decided I like the 767 over the 330. It's personal preference, not an absolute. FWIW, Mrs. Lee agrees.

I'm 5'6" and she's 5'4" - we're both average build. The footwells didn't bother us. Mrs. Lee likes a "cozy" sleeping arrangement so the "walls" of the bed were actually a positive over the open/exposed nature of the reverse herringbone. When flying solo, odd-numbered windows on the 767 are easier to look out of and definitely feels more private than any seat o the 330. As a pair, middle seats on the 767 are easier to talk to each other from than the 330, where your heads are much further apart.

List could go on. They are both good seats and when both are options, I'll let price/schedule decide. But all else being equal, I'll raise my hand anytime someone asks "Who would prefer the 767 seat?"
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:14 am

I think the A330 is better if you're alone, but I like the 764 better when traveling with someone else. The middle pair gets you plenty of personal space, but you can still talk and see each other when you want to. If you're traveling with a child, the 764 middle pair is way easier to reach across if you need to help them with something.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gooselee
I'm 5'6" and she's 5'4" - we're both average build. The footwells didn't bother us. Mrs. Lee likes a "cozy" sleeping arrangement so the "walls" of the bed were actually a positive over the open/exposed nature of the reverse herringbone. When flying solo, odd-numbered windows on the 767 are easier to look out of and definitely feels more private than any seat o the 330. As a pair, middle seats on the 767 are easier to talk to each other from than the 330, where your heads are much further apart.
In addition to the window views, which I mentioned earlier, good points about the privacy (in those same seats; it's not great in the seats that are directly on the aisle), as well as couples traveling together.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 6:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Which is better on a 333 for a couple on a daytime TATL (AMS-JFK), Row 1 or 5?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Which is better on a 333 for a couple on a daytime TATL (AMS-JFK), Row 1 or 5?
I don't think row 1 gets any extra space on the 333 so I would pick row 5 just to be away from the galley/restroom/closet. However, the way the 333 seats work none of them are very good for sitting together since the seats aren't very close together (although they are angled to sort of face each other).
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by matthew64832
I don't think row 1 gets any extra space on the 333 so I would pick row 5 just to be away from the galley/restroom/closet. However, the way the 333 seats work none of them are very good for sitting together since the seats aren't very close together (although they are angled to sort of face each other).
One advantage to row 1 is the "shelves" on top of where the PTVs fold in since there's no seat in front. I've sat in 2J before (first row of the window) and the lav/galley was not bothersome at all. But I sleep well on planes so take that FWIW.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by gooselee
After reading all the FT threads, I also thought the same thing. Then I actually flew both planes and decided I like the 767 over the 330. It's personal preference, not an absolute. FWIW, Mrs. Lee agrees.

List could go on. They are both good seats and when both are options, I'll let price/schedule decide. But all else being equal, I'll raise my hand anytime someone asks "Who would prefer the 767 seat?"
I'll second pretty much everything gooselee has enunciated here ... as a look-out-the-window-aholic, my biggest gripe about the reverse herringbone config is that my feet are closest to the window and my head is where is would be in a normal (2-2 F) aisle seat; moreover, any traffic in the aisle represents a more significant opportunity for disturbance, and -- especially in the A seats on an overnight flight -- the noise and light from the galley can be annoying
Old Jul 1, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
However, the way the 333 seats work none of them are very good for sitting together since the seats aren't very close together (although they are angled to sort of face each other).
I have found this to be less of an issue than some others report. If the seat is in lie flat mode it is hard to see the other person, but when sitting upright it's not bad. I would say it's enough privacy that if the other person is not your companion you feel like you have personal space but not so much that if it is your companion you can't talk with them.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I actually don't think the A330 aren't bad to sit next to a person, assuming the middle seats. The 777 (opposite angles) is another story.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.