Tighter TCON UG Availability?

Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Tighter TCON UG Availability?

I'm curious if others have noticed tighter upgrade availability on the NY/CA TCON routes. I used to be able to use my UG certs pretty easily (with moderate flexibility on dates or times) on these routes, but almost 6 months into this year I haven't been able to find available space at all, even on previously "easy" off peak flights. It's almost like a few years ago when everything went to the gate and there was never any advanced availability.

I've had 4 RUCs waitlisted for so long I don't even remember when I listed them...
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond; Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by bennos
I'm curious if others have noticed tighter upgrade availability on the NY/CA TCON routes. I used to be able to use my UG certs pretty easily (with moderate flexibility on dates or times) on these routes, but almost 6 months into this year I haven't been able to find available space at all, even on previously "easy" off peak flights. It's almost like a few years ago when everything went to the gate and there was never any advanced availability.

I've had 4 RUCs waitlisted for so long I don't even remember when I listed them...
I've noticed this, too, but I've gotten an UG every time "day of" between JFK and SFO.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:42 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
I'm new to RUCs, but I'd read here how hard they were to clear on JFK-LAX/SFO (and vice versa) so figured it would never happen. I called earlier this week to waitlist for the redeye LAX-JFK tonight and it cleared when I called. Perhaps an anomaly, or perhaps the late Friday red-eye just isn't popular? This flight does normally seem to be a 75W but is a 764 tonight so that could have helped. Regardless was pleased to have it clear. This may be in no way indicative, however.

Coincidentally, I have a friend flying DL429 JFK-SFO this evening. He does not have RUCs and was lamenting that F went out 'half-empty'.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.