Delta Medallion Benefits on Air France

Old Jan 12, 19, 9:13 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, Marriott Platinum Premier Ambassador, United Silver
There have been reports here and elsewhere of Delta platinums getting better treatment than Delta diamonds because platinum is the top status in the Air France–KLM program and, as a result, some agents don't realize that platinum isn't the highest on Delta.
Old Jan 12, 19, 9:53 am
formerly B7e7US
Marriott Contributor Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AA PLT, DL PLT,SPG, Priority Pass, Accor LeClub Gold, Thalys Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Other shiny cards
Originally Posted by FBplatinum View Post
Upgrade From PE to J, multiple time on CDG-PVG (or PVG-CDG) on AF as DM.
All time flight oversold.
From the informations I have from FA (each time I get upgrade), I think the upgrade priority is:
#1 FB Platinum for life
#2 SM Diamond
#3 FB Platinum
#4 SM Platinum

- On all flight oversold, I have be upgrade.
- Sometime, I have be upgrade (with "A" fare), and some FB platinum (in PE with "A" fare) not upgrade.
The priority remains a mystery. I reported once that I got a PE - Business upgrade as a Delta Silver when a FB PM did not.

I used to receive more operational upgrades when had lower medallion status than as a Platinum. I've also seen non-frequent flyers upgraded when many Skyteam Elites were left in the back.

Intra-Europe, I have been upgraded at least once per year. FCO-CDG on sunday evenings is the most common one.
Old Jan 12, 19, 11:57 am

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Originally Posted by SDQBound View Post
The priority remains a mystery. I reported once that I got a PE - Business upgrade as a Delta Silver when a FB PM did not.

I used to receive more operational upgrades when had lower medallion status than as a Platinum. I've also seen non-frequent flyers upgraded when many Skyteam Elites were left in the back.

Intra-Europe, I have been upgraded at least once per year. FCO-CDG on sunday evenings is the most common one.
I agree with you. The upgrade process of AF is not clear, even FA are clueless.
My personal experience is, on 2 years period. I have be upgrade all time the flight is oversold.
In 4 occasion, I have be upgrade (as SM Diamond), and a mix of FB Platinum have be upgrade also.
On a total of around 24 flights (mostly YUL - CDG & CDG - PVG).
Old Jan 12, 19, 12:08 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Hereís a fun data point.

Wife and i flying paid J. Third companion on different PNR (obviously) in Y on a miles ticket we got her. All 3 check in with AF at JFK. I ask, nicely and not expecting anything, if thereís any way we can get her into J with us. AF agent does a bunch of typing and a minute later hands us a new BP.

Voila! Our companion was with us in J. Go figure.

That one made our day. I wanted to post details here at the time, but decided against it in the event it might cause some blowback.

ETA: She was no status and didnít even have an SM#. In fact, this was her first-ever international flight.