Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Medallion Benefits on Air France

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
There have been reports here and elsewhere of Delta platinums getting better treatment than Delta diamonds because platinum is the top status in the Air France–KLM program and, as a result, some agents don't realize that platinum isn't the highest on Delta.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:53 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FBplatinum
Upgrade From PE to J, multiple time on CDG-PVG (or PVG-CDG) on AF as DM.
All time flight oversold.
From the informations I have from FA (each time I get upgrade), I think the upgrade priority is:
#1 FB Platinum for life
#2 SM Diamond
#3 FB Platinum
#4 SM Platinum

- On all flight oversold, I have be upgrade.
- Sometime, I have be upgrade (with "A" fare), and some FB platinum (in PE with "A" fare) not upgrade.
The priority remains a mystery. I reported once that I got a PE - Business upgrade as a Delta Silver when a FB PM did not.

I used to receive more operational upgrades when had lower medallion status than as a Platinum. I've also seen non-frequent flyers upgraded when many Skyteam Elites were left in the back.

Intra-Europe, I have been upgraded at least once per year. FCO-CDG on sunday evenings is the most common one.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Originally Posted by SDQBound
The priority remains a mystery. I reported once that I got a PE - Business upgrade as a Delta Silver when a FB PM did not.

I used to receive more operational upgrades when had lower medallion status than as a Platinum. I've also seen non-frequent flyers upgraded when many Skyteam Elites were left in the back.

Intra-Europe, I have been upgraded at least once per year. FCO-CDG on sunday evenings is the most common one.
I agree with you. The upgrade process of AF is not clear, even FA are clueless.
My personal experience is, on 2 years period. I have be upgrade all time the flight is oversold.
In 4 occasion, I have be upgrade (as SM Diamond), and a mix of FB Platinum have be upgrade also.
On a total of around 24 flights (mostly YUL - CDG & CDG - PVG).
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Here’s a fun data point.

Wife and i flying paid J. Third companion on different PNR (obviously) in Y on a miles ticket we got her. All 3 check in with AF at JFK. I ask, nicely and not expecting anything, if there’s any way we can get her into J with us. AF agent does a bunch of typing and a minute later hands us a new BP.

Voila! Our companion was with us in J. Go figure.

That one made our day. I wanted to post details here at the time, but decided against it in the event it might cause some blowback.

ETA: She was no status and didn’t even have an SM#. In fact, this was her first-ever international flight.
btonkid12345 and krakendown like this.
Old May 6, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
For choosing seats, if we have a reservation for 5 people and only one is a PM, would only the PM be able to choose seats in advance, or could I choose seats for everyone because they're attached to the reservation?
Old May 6, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by dmarge18
For choosing seats, if we have a reservation for 5 people and only one is a PM, would only the PM be able to choose seats in advance, or could I choose seats for everyone because they're attached to the reservation?
Just for the PM...others will have to pay
Old May 6, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Just for the PM...others will have to pay
has this changed recently? as of last august I was able to pick a regular seat for a companion on the same pnr. I had a preferred upper deck y seat on the a380 and he got a regular upper deck y seat
Old May 6, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by runningformqm
has this changed recently? as of last august I was able to pick a regular seat for a companion on the same pnr. I had a preferred upper deck y seat on the a380 and he got a regular upper deck y seat
Not that I know of. Both AF and KLM say the priority seating benefit is for the Elite Plus only.

I last flew AF last July on a 777 and my companion in the same PNR had to pay for a seat in advance.

Same with KLM multiple times since then - only once has a Twitter agent waived it without mentioning it for my companion.
Old May 6, 2019, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Not that I know of. Both AF and KLM say the priority seating benefit is for the Elite Plus only.

I last flew AF last July on a 777 and my companion in the same PNR had to pay for a seat in advance.

Same with KLM multiple times since then - only once has a Twitter agent waived it without mentioning it for my companion.
priority seating I agree if only for the medallion member(s), I think the poster wanted just a free seat assignment, not sure necessarily he wanted priority seats. but do agree that it is annoying the better y seats are not free for companions like they are on dl
Old May 6, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by runningformqm
priority seating I agree if only for the medallion member(s), I think the poster wanted just a free seat assignment, not sure necessarily he wanted priority seats. but do agree that it is annoying the better y seats are not free for companions like they are on dl
Yes, I was just wondering about choosing a seat assignment. I understand I'd have to pay for the priority seats. Hopefully it's like on KLM where it's discounted at least for the travel companion.
Old May 6, 2019, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by dmarge18
Yes, I was just wondering about choosing a seat assignment. I understand I'd have to pay for the priority seats. Hopefully it's like on KLM where it's discounted at least for the travel companion.
i haven't seen a discount for companion priority seats on af...i definitely selectively choose my airline when in y and with a companion. really wish it was easier to get tatl/tpac dl metal from sfo (connecting of course), dl tends to prefer sfo-cdg/ams-zzz instead of routing via jfk
Old May 13, 2019, 12:21 pm

As a delta platinum, on a delta ticket flying an air france 380, should I be able to select the upstairs duo seats for no charge? I can't seem to select a preferred seat of any kind on either delta or air france website. The AF website shows me as a flying blue plat, so it seems to see my status.
Old May 13, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, AA Plat Pro, F9 Elite 100k
Originally Posted by devans999
As a delta platinum, on a delta ticket flying an air france 380, should I be able to select the upstairs duo seats for no charge? I can't seem to select a preferred seat of any kind on either delta or air france website. The AF website shows me as a flying blue plat, so it seems to see my status.
Yes, as a Plat you will be able to select the Duo seats free of charge. I did this in February. You may need to call into Delta and get it done.

I have also just booked another trip on AF this past week and was able to select Duo seats again without fee.
Old May 18, 2019, 5:10 pm

Follow up, I went though the twitter team, and they said all the duo seats were booked. I was skeptical, but let it go. I just checked again (about a week after booking) and I can now select the preferred seats now, free for me, and a purchase fee for the gf's ticket, so maybe it just took some time to allow me access to the preferred seats. And there were 3 duo seats available, but only 2 together were last row on the 380. Not sure that's worth it.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 1:00 pm

Question about DL status change and how long it takes Skyteam to recognize my status change? I fly DL next week and my booking has my new status. But my return is on AF October 3, and it does not show my new status. If Skyteam / AF is slow to update my status can I just show my DL SkyMiles printed card from my profile to use SkyPriority at CDG?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.