Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Turned away at KLM Crown Lounge... new "enhancement"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turned away at KLM Crown Lounge... new "enhancement"?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2018, 8:37 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Is it a separate ticket?

The "qualifying international flight" language implies that you probably won't get access unless that departing flight would have access on its own.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by pvn
Is it a separate ticket?

The "qualifying international flight" language implies that you probably won't get access unless that departing flight would have access on its own.
Don't business class arrivals get lounge access on their own?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Delta Dude
Don't business class arrivals get lounge access on their own?
No. Arrival access is technically only given at cities with an arrival lounge. Ie LHR.

To have access otherwise you need to be continuing onward. Who that flight is on, class of service and if on separate ticket are things that can cause the answer to change.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Example: I buy two legs on economy, but upgrade the first leg and arrive as a business - then enter lounge - and leave as economy.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 5:47 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I think you would be able to get in with a biz ticket and connecting flight
KLBGO likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Flying on DL in Y tomorrow but since it's ex-AMS, I had to check-in via KLM. The KLM ticket shows me a DL Silver but I bumped up to DL Gold on my TATL on Saturday (which is reflected on the DL app and on Delta.com both on the tracker and in all other aspect).

Concern is with lounge access at AMS tomorrow -- will they accept my digital DL Gold card as proof of STE+ or will I likely be out of luck since the KLM system has not updated my DL number to reflect DL Gold instead of DL Silver.

Oddly the KLM ticket does correctly reflect "SKY" which is accurate (and I'm not in C+ because only middle seats were left).
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:40 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by C W

Honestly I am not surprised, however. KLM is a very odd duck to me, since I always have phenomenal FAs and onboard service with them, but most of the time their ground staff are downright vile in AMS, certainly accounting for the worst airline customer experiences I've ever had. Maybe I've just had bad luck
No, I think the KLM ground staff are 99% awful, and DEFINITELY not a "cultural" thing because it is in no way the same type of experience I have in the Netherlands (much friendlier) than KLM ground staff.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:03 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Duke787
Flying on DL in Y tomorrow but since it's ex-AMS, I had to check-in via KLM. The KLM ticket shows me a DL Silver but I bumped up to DL Gold on my TATL on Saturday (which is reflected on the DL app and on Delta.com both on the tracker and in all other aspect).

Concern is with lounge access at AMS tomorrow -- will they accept my digital DL Gold card as proof of STE+ or will I likely be out of luck since the KLM system has not updated my DL number to reflect DL Gold instead of DL Silver.

Oddly the KLM ticket does correctly reflect "SKY" which is accurate (and I'm not in C+ because only middle seats were left).
The card on the DL app should be fine.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SDQBound
The card on the DL app should be fine.
Thanks -- yep confirming that worked. Lounge dragon scanned my BP and noted that it didn't allow me access but I showed her the card on the DL app and she let me right in without any further hassle.

Oddly not an issue with the priority security lane since the BP noted SKY correctly (even though I'm not sitting in C+)

Last edited by Duke787; Jun 14, 2018 at 12:18 pm
Old Jun 14, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
My own recent experience: If you have an overnight at AMS on the same ticket, they will let you in to the lounge after you get off the first segment. I wasn't sure, and neither was the lounge agent, but they let me in after a few minutes.

Originally Posted by vincentharris
No, I think the KLM ground staff are 99% awful, and DEFINITELY not a "cultural" thing because it is in no way the same type of experience I have in the Netherlands (much friendlier) than KLM ground staff.
It's similar to the situation at ATL. The South is known for its hospitality, but for whatever reason the ATL ground staff are nasty.

Last edited by KDCAflyer; Jun 14, 2018 at 6:17 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.