Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Baggage allowance on G3 from BSB-EZE

Old Aug 4, 2016, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2 MM

What is the checked and carryon baggage allowance for Delta Skymiles Silver Elite members flying G3 Internationally from BSB to EZE?

RC
Old Aug 5, 2016, 8:05 am

Programs: Status? What's status?
Are you connecting from a DL International flight on the same reservation or is this a completely separate ticket?
Old Aug 5, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
I just flew EZE-GRU on GOL a few days ago, connecting to ATL on DL, and was informed that DL luggage rules apply, as they are more restrictive. (hard to believe, as DL allowed me 3 checked bags at 70 lbs each for free)
Old Aug 5, 2016, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Imsalman's question is very relevant. A U.S. origin, destination, or stopover means DOT's single ticket/single allowance rule applies. If it's just a separate BSB-EZE ticket DOT doesn't care -- it isn't the regulating party.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

BSB-GRU-EZE is the itinerary (no DL connection)

I used 12,500 Skymiles for this ticket, its a o/w from Brasilia (BSB) to Buenos Aires (EZE) as I stated in the original post.

My question is if the 23kg checked baggage allowance is increased because I am a Skymiles Silver flying G3. There is no DL flights involved, I used Skymiles to purchase this award ticket and have silver medallion status,

RC
Old Aug 5, 2016, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Radiocycle
I used 12,500 Skymiles for this ticket, its a o/w from Brasilia (BSB) to Buenos Aires (EZE) as I stated in the original post.

My question is if the 23kg checked baggage allowance is increased because I am a Skymiles Silver flying G3. There is no DL flights involved, I used Skymiles to purchase this award ticket and have silver medallion status,

RC
Not according to the benefits DL lists on the page for the partnership. There's some lounge and shuttle benefits, but those are limited to Golds and above.

Gols website says number of pie e depend on the fare you bought. As for weight it's makes clear they have weight restrictions and that you can't even pay extra to go over.

Last edited by flyerCO; Aug 6, 2016 at 5:31 am
Old Aug 6, 2016, 9:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC Brazil has laws about baggage allowances for airline travel so often Brazil flights are treated differently from those elsewhere.

Does anyone know about baggage allowances for GOL domestic flights within Brazil as a DL DM? Any benefits?
Old Aug 6, 2016, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

I know if you are flying GOL and continuing to the USA or going from the USA and flying GOL as the last leg(s) of your USA-Brazil fright you are allowed the DL baggage allowance on the GOL flights.

GOL has a freuquent flier program called SMILES and they allow additional kgs of checked baggage allowance based on your tier, but GOL is a DL codeshare partner but not a sky team member, I was told 23 kg (50 pounds) for checked baggage in Brazil and 5 kg. (11 pounds carryon)

That carryon allowance, 5 kg is about the weight of my carryon roller board bag without anything in it. I guess the most you can carryon is a light backpack or small computer bag.

RC
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
BTW, GOL in Brazil insists that the page on delta.dumb about DL elite benefits on GOL flights is wrong.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 5:54 am

Location: Birmingham, AL (weekdays) and Atlanta, GA (weekends)
Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
Originally Posted by Radiocycle
I know if you are flying GOL and continuing to the USA or going from the USA and flying GOL as the last leg(s) of your USA-Brazil fright you are allowed the DL baggage allowance on the GOL flights.
RC
Is this still the case? I just found an 80,000 mile Delta One fare EZE-ATL but it starts with a 3 hour GOL segment to GIG.

Before I commit to it, just want to be sure I can still bring three checked bags.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
If the first segment is Delta coded (DL xxxx operated by GOL), then Delta's baggage rules apply.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
If the first segment is Delta coded (DL xxxx operated by GOL), then Delta's baggage rules apply.
It's an award ticket, Thus it'll be marketed as operating airline.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.