Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Any resistance to SDC in Premium Cabin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any resistance to SDC in Premium Cabin?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2018, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by pvn
One thing I'd like to see changed about SDS... if I'm flying XXX-AAA-YYY and want to change to XXX-BBB-YYY, we should be able to SDS for XXX-BBB if there's confirmable space on BBB-YYY in the case that the passenger clears standby for the first leg.
I've suggested that to Delta. Their problem is that they have to hold the BBB-YYY seat until I clear (or don't) XXX-BBB, and that might prevent them from selling it.
Old May 16, 2024, 6:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check
On a Premium Cabin Fare (C Class).......trying to SDC to another flight with the same routing......agents insist I must have "same class of service in Premium Cabin available"......I then quote them this from DL.com:
  • If you have a premium cabin fare like Delta One, Delta Premium Select or First Class you may make a Same-Day Confirmed change as long as a seat is available in the cabin purchased or a lower cabin
I have had issues doing this with RUC which still is no excuse but this is NOTHING to do with fare class, only "Cabin Purchased".....COME ON DL.......why do I have to keep calling back to get this fixed.....better yet fix the app where I can do this online......I have complained before and they keep using "well we lost alot of people during COVID" as an excuse but we are working to replace them.......not sure what they replace them with but this is garbage. It is almost comical at this point when they answer the phone you can tell if its going to be successful or not

-First Agent: Cannot SDC because your class of service is not available (attempt to quote website).......they don't agree and want to argue so thank them and HUCB
-Second Agent: Pushes back.......finally agrees to call Global Ticketing Support and asks me to wait on hold.......after about 10 minutes call just drops and goes straight to the survey.....they have my phone number, why can't they call me back?
-Third Agent: Pushes back and tells me this has to be done on the same day as travel.......quote rules directly from DL website......agent puts me on hold and says she has to contact someone else.....agent makes it happen and I am on the phone with less than 8 minutes....she didn't know the rules but at least listened.

Most of this could be fixed by getting DEDICATED agents to deal with these issues or dedicated DM agents........I have been told there are dedicated DM agents during normal business hours or somewhere around there, but I am really starting to wonder about others.......I should not have to spend 1 hour of my day to make a simple change that should be able to be made online or within about 2 minutes on the phone.
Spiff and Kerrirdh like this.
Old May 17, 2024, 1:19 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check
Originally Posted by WyomingBound
On a Premium Cabin Fare (C Class).......trying to SDC to another flight with the same routing......agents insist I must have "same class of service in Premium Cabin available"......I then quote them this from DL.com:
  • If you have a premium cabin fare like Delta One, Delta Premium Select or First Class you may make a Same-Day Confirmed change as long as a seat is available in the cabin purchased or a lower cabin
I have had issues doing this with RUC which still is no excuse but this is NOTHING to do with fare class, only "Cabin Purchased".....COME ON DL.......why do I have to keep calling back to get this fixed.....better yet fix the app where I can do this online......I have complained before and they keep using "well we lost alot of people during COVID" as an excuse but we are working to replace them.......not sure what they replace them with but this is garbage. It is almost comical at this point when they answer the phone you can tell if its going to be successful or not

-First Agent: Cannot SDC because your class of service is not available (attempt to quote website).......they don't agree and want to argue so thank them and HUCB
-Second Agent: Pushes back.......finally agrees to call Global Ticketing Support and asks me to wait on hold.......after about 10 minutes call just drops and goes straight to the survey.....they have my phone number, why can't they call me back?
-Third Agent: Pushes back and tells me this has to be done on the same day as travel.......quote rules directly from DL website......agent puts me on hold and says she has to contact someone else.....agent makes it happen and I am on the phone with less than 8 minutes....she didn't know the rules but at least listened.

Most of this could be fixed by getting DEDICATED agents to deal with these issues or dedicated DM agents........I have been told there are dedicated DM agents during normal business hours or somewhere around there, but I am really starting to wonder about others.......I should not have to spend 1 hour of my day to make a simple change that should be able to be made online or within about 2 minutes on the phone.
Still getting the same issues.....trying to do another SDC today......Paid FC, they are telling me "they can't do it, is Main Cabin ok?" Nope Main Cabin is not ok, there is a FC seat available (quote DL.com Same Day Travel Change rules again)...."I can reach out to support and see if their is something they can do"......support fixes the problem in less than 5 minutes. Sure think DL would fix this issue since they are tying up multiple agents to fix simple issues.
Spiff likes this.
Old May 17, 2024, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Its because a lot of the agents are only trained on the dumbed down SNAP graphical interface that doesn't let the agent actually do things unless the computer gives them the option... and apparently they don't have the coding correct for applying SDC rules to the F cabin. With a paid ticket this should be a no brainer piece of cake too.
Spiff likes this.
Old May 17, 2024, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by rylan
Its because a lot of the agents are only trained on the dumbed down SNAP graphical interface that doesn't let the agent actually do things unless the computer gives them the option... and apparently they don't have the coding correct for applying SDC rules to the F cabin. With a paid ticket this should be a no brainer piece of cake too.
Amen to that......the "System won't let me do that" is common..........it was AMAZING today.....making a change in PIT, Redcoat and agent were very seasoned (20+ years each with DL) working through my ticket after the DM line had not reticketed it properly.....I sat listening to him work with her to fix it........DL is gonna regret letting all the older agents go!
Spiff likes this.
Old May 17, 2024, 10:38 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
Airport uses Snap and DLTerm....Res uses Axis, OmniPro, and DLTerm(not all trained).......

Anytime you have issues with any of the newer Res Agents, just ask for a supervisor or Global Ticketing Support.

Jwhuffman

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.