FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Account weirdness today (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1841016-account-weirdness-today.html)

davetravels May 8, 2017 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by DiverDave (Post 28284565)
I did get an extra four drink certificates in my account

There'z everyone's consolation prize after all is clawed back! ;)

Maybe you can trade them for some Rice-a-Roni! :D

gooselee May 8, 2017 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ (Post 28284294)
I'm speaking to the people who lost all status or rollover MQM's. You earlier said your account is now correct again.

My bad. I misread that as people who had the extra/erroneous 31DEC2016 MQM removed (which then reset all my numbers to where they were before).

Carry on. :)

Originally Posted by pharmawalk (Post 28284514)
On what basis?

+1

"Hi, I'm calling to complain that you took away this thing which I didn't earn and should not have been given to begin with, and which I have also not used." :rolleyes:

ElPresidente May 8, 2017 4:41 pm

First I'm bumped to Platinum a bit early.
Last night I got an email welcoming me to Diamond.
Today I'm a Gold, with (erroneously low 40K MQM).

What a mess!

I have some flights in a week or so, hope this is sorted out soon.

ElPresidente May 8, 2017 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee (Post 28284992)

"Hi, I'm calling to complain that you took away this thing which I didn't earn and should not have been given to begin with, and which I have also not used." :rolleyes:

Hotels have been in this kind of mess before. I picked up Hilton Diamond once, and stayed maybe 2 times in their hotels with it, so what kind of strain is that on their program? Almost nil.

rdrink25 May 8, 2017 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by pharmawalk (Post 28284514)
On what basis?

That when I called DL and said this has to be a mistake and they assured me I was gifted MQMS. If I am honest with someone and they say here use them that you earned them.

In the retail world, you have to hold true to your loyal customers even if you make a mistake.

Not that I wouldn't earn DM again anyhow but being able to use the certs early is nice.

MSPeconomist May 8, 2017 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 28283333)
I'm a little surprised that one of "those" regular posters ;) ;) ;) - hasn't chimed in yet, who has said something similar to this before . . . .

Are your lives THAT shallow and pathetic that showing off a shiny card makes you feel important?!?***

***Paraphrasing, because I can't remember the exact words

I'll also admit that it's fun to show off DM status a little, at times, particularly to people who fly a little - just enough to think it's hard to get thru airport "stuff". I also enjoy being a 2MM DM and posting here, amongst my flying peers to swap stories! :D

I sometimes take perverse pleasure in showing off DM status when a FO or GM does a DYKWIA tantrum near me or when someone tries to chat me up and impress me with how much he (or she) travels.

MSPeconomist May 8, 2017 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by woodford02A (Post 28284380)
What happens to all the GUCs applied yesterday? Could be a multi-million dollar loss for Delta...all that J space eaten up

DL decides who much upgrade inventory to open on flights. To DL, it probably doesn't make a lot of difference exactly who gets those limited upgrades, but of course it matters very much to genuine DM who have earned their GUCs and miss upgrades because someone who was "DM for a day" managed to claim GUCs and grab upgrades. It's zero sum, so the upgrade benefit that some have gotten without earning it is really coming from the hides of those who have earned the published benefit.

javabytes May 8, 2017 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 28285766)
I sometimes take perverse pleasure in showing off DM status when a FO or GM does a DYKWIA tantrum near me or when someone tries to chat me up and impress me with how much he (or she) travels.

pharmawalk May 8, 2017 6:42 pm

Well, my situation with all this is the following:

1) purposefully did not hit PM last december because I had a long shot to reach DM this year, but only if I had the appropriate rollover - 23K MQM rollover. Unfortunately a couple big mileage trips abroad didn't pan out the as hoped for, so i should have just did a mileage run for the additional 2k to hit PM (hindsight is 20/20).

2) So currently GM - quite happy to see the PM status yesterday

3) All my itineraries (5 scheduled) had upgrade requests, so all five immediately upgraded all appropriate segments to Comfort+ (which is why i commented about it feeling like Xmas) - I had no control over this...happened automatically - my original seats are now gone.

4) I did select the RUCs as choice benefits and used them to upgrade some of those trips to first class - If Delta takes that away, then its no sweat off my back and it is their right.

**with all that being said, if delta's IT screwup is reversed to the level of removing those upgrades, they need to provide the original seating back IMHO because the Comfort+ upgrades were automated.

nichelle May 8, 2017 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by pharmawalk (Post 28285953)

1) purposefully did not hit PM last december because I had a long shot to reach DM this year, but only if I had the appropriate rollover - 23K MQM rollover. Unfortunately a couple big mileage trips abroad didn't pan out the as hoped for, so i should have just did a mileage run for the additional 2k to hit PM (hindsight is 20/20).

3) All my itineraries (5 scheduled) had upgrade requests, so all five immediately upgraded all appropriate segments to Comfort+ (which is why i commented about it feeling like Xmas) - I had no control over this...happened automatically - my original seats are now gone.

4) I did select the RUCs as choice benefits and used them to upgrade some of those trips to first class - If Delta takes that away, then its no sweat off my back and it is their right.

**with all that being said, if delta's IT screwup is reversed to the level of removing those upgrades, they need to provide the original seating back IMHO because the Comfort+ upgrades were automated.

I completely agree.

davetravels May 8, 2017 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by javabytes (Post 28285881)
You will bow to me - YouTube

Hey, Java . . .

This video, I think, would hafto be my ALL TIME hands down DYKWIA favorite <that was posted here somewhere before>. I laugh SO FREAKIN' HARD every time I see it! I was actually in tears just now watching it again! :D :D :D

5 minutes later . . . .

I'm crying my eyes out, I'm laughing so hard!!! :D I haven't watched that in a few years!

I am a DI-YAMOND guest!

They're towing your giraffe!!! :D

Please take 4:45 and watch it! It's sooooo funny and appropriate! :)

rdrink25 May 8, 2017 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by pharmawalk (Post 28285953)

Even if Delta takes the RUCs away they will let you sit in the C+ since you are already there. They are not going to take that away FOR SURE.

Zorak May 8, 2017 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by rdrink25 (Post 28286051)
Even if Delta takes the RUCs away they will let you sit in the C+ since you are already there. They are not going to take that away FOR SURE.

I wouldn't be so sure:

Complimentary C+ Upgrade cleared while Medallion, revoked at check in

Not saying it's right or wrong but it did happen.

This has me wondering though if anyone with temporary PM status did a free award redeposit.

pharmawalk May 8, 2017 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 28286099)
I wouldn't be so sure:

Complimentary C+ Upgrade cleared while Medallion, revoked at check in

Not saying it's right or wrong but it did happen.

This has me wondering though if anyone with temporary PM status did a free award redeposit.

I think it will turn out ok. Not really sweating it.

Edit: although Delta should be very careful how they handle this error by not having any customers penalized for something that was completely their (Delta/Amex) fault(s).

Air Houston May 8, 2017 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 28285985)
Hey, Java . . .

This video, I think, would hafto be my ALL TIME hands down DYKWIA favorite <that was posted here somewhere before>. I laugh SO FREAKIN' HARD every time I see it! I was actually in tears just now watching it again! :D :D :D

Hotel Check-In, Diamond Member - YouTube

5 minutes later . . . .

I'm crying my eyes out, I'm laughing so hard!!! :D I haven't watched that in a few years!

I am a DI-YAMOND guest!

They're towing your giraffe!!! :D

Please take 4:45 and watch it! It's sooooo funny and appropriate! :)

Hilarious.