FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Account weirdness today (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1841016-account-weirdness-today.html)

zornoff May 8, 2017 10:22 am

Originally Posted by SLL (Post 28283328)
I was Silver with aprox 21k MQM rollover from last year before Sunday AM. Woke up Sunday AM as Gold, and today I have NO status nor do I have any of my MQM’s rollover from last year. How can I prove how many MQM’s I had before yesterdays IT screw-ups??

You could refer back to the March or April Skymiles statement you receive via email each month that shows your Status Tracker. (Unless you've had trips since then or deleted the email and emptied your trash.)

pharmawalk May 8, 2017 10:47 am

Originally Posted by SLL (Post 28283328)
I was Silver with aprox 21k MQM rollover from last year before Sunday AM. Woke up Sunday AM as Gold, and today I have NO status nor do I have any of my MQM’s rollover from last year. How can I prove how many MQM’s I had before yesterdays IT screw-ups??

Make sure to click on the activity event related to rollover MQMs. Mine says zero, but when I click on it, it shows the accurate number of MQM rollover miles.

Edit: what i said above is when using the app.

JayTeaBee May 8, 2017 11:17 am

Saw TPG just posted an article about this: https://thepointsguy.com/2017/05/del...nd-extra-mqms/

On the other hand, it’s possible the airline will allow those who make their choices to keep those benefits as a gesture of good faith, so some folks might decide there’s nothing to be lost by trying.

If that's the case I feel like a sucker for trying to be honest!

xliioper May 8, 2017 11:19 am

Out of curiosity, did anyone who lost status/MQM rollover do a return/chargeback in the new year?

gooselee May 8, 2017 11:23 am

Originally Posted by LBJ (Post 28284149)
Out of curiosity, did anyone who lost status/MQM rollover do a return/chargeback in the new year?

I'm sure I've had returns, but nothing that would have taken me below any thresholds.

gooselee May 8, 2017 11:34 am

Originally Posted by JayTeaBee (Post 28284135)
If that's the case I feel like a sucker for trying to be honest!

OTOH, I could see DL coming back and saying, "Well, since you took your Choice Benefits, we're going to put you at DM where you want to be and remove your rollover MQMs in exchange."

Since prior to this weekend my numbers were exactly where I wanted them to be, I made the conscious decision to sit and do nothing, as I felt that would give me better grounds to ask DL for the correction if they didn't fix things properly on their own.

I'm aware there is lots of value in GUCs, extra RDMs, DL bucks, etc. But for me, not enough to risk giving up an additional year of PM and free award redeposit.

For those that have PM'd me wondering how I could possibly not want DM and encouraging me to take it and just focus on re-earning PM through other means - a MR is not something I want to do and using GUCs to help plan an additional vacation (or getting more MQM by paying+GUC vs. use RDM for a planned vacation) just doesn't work for me. 2017 is a down year for my travel for a bunch of reasons and I had planned accordingly.

xliioper May 8, 2017 11:50 am

Originally Posted by gooselee (Post 28284170)
I'm sure I've had returns, but nothing that would have taken me below any thresholds.

I'm speaking to the people who lost all status or rollover MQM's. You earlier said your account is now correct again.

woodford02A May 8, 2017 12:11 pm

What happens to all the GUCs applied yesterday? Could be a multi-million dollar loss for Delta...all that J space eaten up

DiverDave May 8, 2017 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by woodford02A (Post 28284380)
What happens to all the GUCs applied yesterday? Could be a multi-million dollar loss for Delta...all that J space eaten up

I think Revenue Management manages the GUC upgrade availability very carefully, so I would not expect much loss for Delta.

Same for RUCs. RUC upgrade availability for ATL-LAX is always scarce to non-existent.

javabytes May 8, 2017 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by woodford02A (Post 28284380)

I highly doubt it. The glitch was limited to DL Reserve cardholders to begin with, and it's highly unlikely that many people 1) became accidental Diamonds, 2) discovered this fact in time, and 3) actually went through with choosing choice benefits.

rdrink25 May 8, 2017 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by javabytes (Post 28284480)
I highly doubt it. The glitch was limited to DL Reserve cardholders to begin with, and it's highly unlikely that many people 1) became accidental Diamonds, 2) discovered this fact in time, and 3) actually went through with choosing choice benefits.

I did. Still have my certs and miles for now. I do know if my certs are taking away I will truly raise a fuss to DL corporate.

pharmawalk May 8, 2017 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by rdrink25 (Post 28284507)
I do know if my certs are taking away I will truly raise a fuss to DL corporate.

On what basis?

nichelle May 8, 2017 12:47 pm

Interesting thread. I'm not a Reserve card member (had been debating on switching from Plat to Reserve) so I wasn't impacted. I'm definitely curious how Delta will handle those who took quick advantage of the status change.

On one hand, I understand the move to grab them while you can. On the other hand, and knowing how challenging GUC's can be to use on certain routes, I consider this to be a substantial benefit of earning Diamond status. Even with the choice benefits rule change, this is a benefit that cannot be selected multiple times.

So.... I'd totally support Delta reversing the selection of an item that was actively selected by the consumer when they were mistakenly given status.

turnpike17 May 8, 2017 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by rdrink25 (Post 28284507)
I did. Still have my certs and miles for now. I do know if my certs are taking away I will truly raise a fuss to DL corporate.

lol wat?! "Your" certs are not yours to begin with. You didn't earn them. You did not buy them. You did nothing to get those other than being on the right end of a mistake Delta/Amex made, and they have every right to take "your" certs away. I took 8 RUCs and fully expect them to take those away.

DiverDave May 8, 2017 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by pharmawalk (Post 28284514)
On what basis?

That, detective, is the right question. ^

Am I the only one that lost 20K MQMs and was a temporary DM? I am a Reserve cardholder.

I did get an extra four drink certificates in my account that expire one year from today. Delta is most welcome to repossess them, as I can't drink alcohol. :(

David