Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta pilot hits passenger during fight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta pilot hits passenger during fight

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), SPG (Lifetime Plat), Star Alliance, One World, Virgin (Gold)
...and someone just happened to have a video camera rolling as pax's were walking up the jetway.

WELL DONE THE PILOT! What was he meant to do, watch the fight!
Old May 2, 2017, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by FlyingNone
... The pilot should have just kept walking as it appears he showed some hot-headed reaction by that body slamming punch (not that they didn't deserve it). ...
Body slamming?

Old May 2, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
----

Okay, got it. Nevertheless he looked like he really had to "pound" on them and to me it just doesn't look like he should have gotten involved even for a second. Gone is the time when scuffles were able to be broken up by other persons around....now you take your life in your hands for being the good Samaritan and then you get turned on and probably sued as an instigator.
Old May 2, 2017, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by FlyingNone
----

Okay, got it. Nevertheless he looked like he really had to "pound" on them and to me it just doesn't look like he should have gotten involved even for a second. Gone is the time when scuffles were able to be broken up by other persons around....now you take your life in your hands for being the good Samaritan and then you get turned on and probably sued as an instigator.
Ehh....didn't really look like a "pound" to me either. More of a hard slap and the story is that it was to get one of the women to release a chokehold. DL's story is he did what he though was necessary in the moment, and then walked away when he believed he could not/should not do more. The video is short, incomplete, and of horrible quality, so there's nothing in there to disprove the DL's statement which is apparently supported by eyewitness statements.

A bit OT, but re: the bolded portion above - I do agree with this and find it horribly sad. In a past life I worked in middle and high schools. During that time, things went from a state where teachers and staff could and should intervene in fights to break them up - and largely students actually listened when we did, so all it usually took was stepping in between and raising your voice a bit.

By the time I left, we were being told that under no circumstances were we to make physical contact with a student - just loudly tell them to stop and hit the nearest intercom button, at which point a SRO would come along to take care of things. And, footnote, if we did choose to intervene, say because a student was about to get hurt or was actually already hurt, we did so against the school's instructions and the district would pass all responsibility off to us as individuals in the event they got sued. It was a wonderful job full of great people, but the landscape had definitely changed.
Old May 2, 2017, 8:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
The pilot is american. He is brave. He is fearless. He did what needed to be done.

He is....top gun.
Attached Images  
Old May 2, 2017, 9:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm not sure I want to fly with "top gun" as the pilot even though he's cute.
Old May 2, 2017, 4:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
has there ever been consistent security at gate area?
Not really. But will give you an example of how it's done overseas as an example.

Changi has at least 2 security or airport police at EVERY arrival gate spread out at the minimum.

They do this consistently so you know they do take security and safety very very seriously including dog units patrolling the airport with armed police.
Old May 3, 2017, 10:32 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm not sure I want to fly with "top gun" as the pilot even though he's cute.
30 years ago, yeah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.