Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Launches LSTN Headphones in D1 and PS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Launches LSTN Headphones in D1 and PS

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Can use batteries. It's what AA does with their Bose headsets. Of course they also treat you like criminals. They come back one hour prior to landing to collect and inventory them. Have your own set? Expect to be woken up and be demanded to return your headset.
I'd be tempted to put up a sign that says "these are MY headphones. Do not wake me up."
Old Jun 17, 2017, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Xeno
I am 8 days away from trip to FCO so what is the verdict on the LSTN headphones now used in D1?
Havent entered service, at least as of my PVG flight a week ago.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...O_US_Eur_LatAm

I guess this graphic showing the LSTN in use misled me.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Xeno
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...O_US_Eur_LatAm

I guess this graphic showing the LSTN in use misled me.
The pictured seat hasnt entered service yet either.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:33 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
We have a date. July 17.

(I tried to post a link to a Delta Facebook post about this but it doesn't seem to have come through. In any case that's where I saw it.)
Old Jul 20, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bgriff
We have a date. July 17.
https://www.facebook.com/delta/videos/1660597833959392/

(I tried to post a link to a Delta Facebook post about this but it doesn't seem to have come through. In any case that's where I saw it.)
Anyone had experience of the new headphones now that we're past July 17?
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I used the new LSTN headphones flying PRG-JFK on Wed, 7/19. I was not impressed. I didn't sense any noise cancelling function at all. And still pretty heavy.
Nice to look at and in a nice bag.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 5:34 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Didn't have them on CDG-SEA on July 17, but did have them on SEA-AMS on July 20. They were nothing special. Audio wasn't working good on one ear until I fiddled with the cable.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL DM / GE / APEC
Have them on SFO-JFK 7/21 today. Garbage. Zero noise cancellation, just cheap fake wood panelling on the sides to make them look "design-y." Overall feel is cheap and non-premium. Keep bringing your own.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the helpful reports, mot29, SEA-Flyer and mrothly. I'll keep carrying my Bose.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:12 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
I'm not surprised these are not great headphones (I have a LSTN bluetooth speaker that I am very unimpressed by). But Delta's old D1 headphones were also pretty crappy (and also not active noise-cancelling, as far as I am aware), so maybe these are at least better than those were?

I use my own so I actually can't remember when the last time was, if ever, that I used the Delta ones. So I guess I'm not able to make the direct comparison.

Presumably these look nicer at least.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 12:58 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Originally Posted by mrothly
Have them on SFO-JFK 7/21 today. Garbage. Zero noise cancellation, just cheap fake wood panelling on the sides to make them look "design-y." Overall feel is cheap and non-premium. Keep bringing your own.
+1

yeah. tried 'em SEA-HKG. not uncomfortable, but sonically.... meh. put back in my AT buds after an hour.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, UA Silver, EI Silver
Originally Posted by bgriff
I'm not surprised these are not great headphones (I have a LSTN bluetooth speaker that I am very unimpressed by). But Delta's old D1 headphones were also pretty crappy (and also not active noise-cancelling, as far as I am aware), so maybe these are at least better than those were?

I use my own so I actually can't remember when the last time was, if ever, that I used the Delta ones. So I guess I'm not able to make the direct comparison.

Presumably these look nicer at least.
I find the old ones perfectly adequate and don't bother bringing my own. The FA never insists on taking them from me prior to arrival even when they are being gathered. Are the new ones worse / less reliable?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
I find the old ones perfectly adequate and don't bother bringing my own. The FA never insists on taking them from me prior to arrival even when they are being gathered. Are the new ones worse / less reliable?
I found the new LSTN no better than the old ones, maybe not as good. And I've never had DL pick up the headphones if I was using them on landing -- old style or the new ones on Wed. Have had that happen with other airlines, but not with DL.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
I wish DL just bit the bullet and went with Bose. If AA can do it, so can DL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.