Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Virgin Australia Business Award Availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM

I don't see ANY J availability in VA flights. Does anyone know what is going on?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
It's there. For example, LAX-BNE 4/25. But extremely sparse, which is the way it has been for quite some time. J awards to OZ are increasingly becoming unicorns.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:03 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Generally VA does not release any partner award space until ~2 weeks out, it seems. Quite unfortunate.

+ Delta will now make you pay more to fly a partner on the TPAC leg than their own metal on low-level award space (if there is any)...
Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by bj27
Generally VA does not release any partner award space until ~2 weeks out, it seems. Quite unfortunate.
A generalization like that shouldn't discourage anybody from searching when 5 weeks at a time can be done so quickly.

Virgin Australia is supported by ExpertFlyer's award alerts feature.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:40 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
A generalization like that shouldn't discourage anybody from searching when 5 weeks at a time can be done so quickly.

Virgin Australia is supported by ExpertFlyer's award alerts feature.
You're right -- my comment wasn't meant to discourage.

If you do find award space that fits your schedule, OP, I hope you enjoy! A friend of mine has flown the Delta 777 D1 product and the VA 777 "The Business" product across the pond and he enjoyed VA's immensely.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by bj27
You're right -- my comment wasn't meant to discourage.

If you do find award space that fits your schedule, OP, I hope you enjoy! A friend of mine has flown the Delta 777 D1 product and the VA 777 "The Business" product across the pond and he enjoyed VA's immensely.
+1
I've said the same in a few other threads on here, but recently did a trip to Australia/New Zealand and stopped in Japan on the return. Flew VA LAX-BNE in J on the way down to Australia (using miles). Flew DL in D1 on NRT-DTW on the return on the 747 on the upper deck. VA won hands down in every category for me, even with the more "private" feel of the 747 upper deck.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:54 am

Programs: Delta PE, HHonours Diamond, Turkish Miles & Smiles Gold, Marriott Titanium
I found a last minute this December past on VA out of BNE 90k. Was the experience of a lifetime really loved "The Business" and had a great flight crew. It does seem that they don't release seats until very late but was well worth the miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.