Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Appreciate some of the new snack options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Appreciate some of the new snack options

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
See above. The ones around me (Watertown, Somerville MA, City Target) are the older/smaller variety and often I can get better prices online or find what I need at TJX (Marshalls/TJMaxx) if it is a household item. They even have a micro sized store close by too, but that's catered towards BU students and grocery items. That said, their ClearRX system was nifty and it's a shame CVS hasn't adopted it or at the least continued using it at TGT locations. They do now own the intelectual property rights so they may do something with it in the future.
Target stores in MA definitely leave something to be desired. Many are the old "Greatland" format that was abandoned in the early 2000s, and the dropping of sub-branding from CityTarget and Target Express stores is baffling to me, since they are VERY different (less selection) than a typical Target but now carry the same branding. I also never saw a SuperTarget in MA when I was working there, which is by far my favorite Target store format. So yeah, I can understand your dislike for Target there.

On the other hand, in Minnesota most Target stores are far better than comparable Walmart stores, IMO. A couple Target Express, no CityTarget, lots of SuperTarget and smaller-format Target (but that still have fresh grocery). Almost all of our former "Greatland" locations were either expanded to SuperTarget, remodeled to smaller-format, or closed in favor of other nearby Target/SuperTarget locations. It's weird to still see the old Greatland format out in the wild, like in Woburn.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by davetravels
I can't imagine why you'd say that . . . . .

www.peopleofwalmart.com

So true. I worked at Walmart as an asst. Manager during part of college. Just when you thought you couldn't be shocked, another one walked in.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 12:22 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by nystateofmind
I like the new peanuts. Provides a nice complement to Woodford.
I like them too but it seems every few flights, someone has a "severe peanut allergy". I must be getting close to 3 dozen flights now where there have been no peanuts and the rate seems to be increasing. No meal service on last nights MSP-LAS flight and I was really looking forward to them. SOL
Old Apr 17, 2017, 12:33 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by davetravels
I can't imagine why you'd say that . . . . .

www.peopleofwalmart.com

Darn it davetravels! I just went through 50 pages of that because of you
Old Apr 17, 2017, 12:44 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by C W
Darn it davetravels! I just went through 50 pages of that because of you
So, are ya' ready to bleach yer eyes out, or are ya' takin' a break til you're ready to start in on page 51?!?

Old Apr 17, 2017, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by 18sas
Is this an order?
One that you're obviously slacking on.

Gotta love the vagaries of implied subjects ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.