Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More 737-900's For Delta

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2021, 9:28 am

Programs: Blinged Out
No. They are new-ish bins but not roomy. The A321 has more spacious bins.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SeaHawg
Yeah, the new Airbus bins are considerably larger than the 739 bins. In fact, I'm relatively certain they can accommodate a rollaboard for pretty much every passenger on the plane if they're stored correctly.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 10:43 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by SeaHawg
The A321 bins are terrible. They give off an optical illusion that bags can be placed on their sides as they are folding bins but the FAs have to make many announcements that most bags won’t fit on the sides and they need to be placed flat. I asked an FA about this once and was told that before the A321s were delivered, Airbus told DL when ordering that the bins being installed would allow bags to lay on their sides but shortly after delivery they realized they don’t work as advertised and nearly all carry ons won’t fit then laying on the side. She told me that the new A321neos will have a new type of bin that will indeed allow bags to fit on their sides.

Originally Posted by cmd320
Yeah, the new Airbus bins are considerably larger than the 739 bins. In fact, I'm relatively certain they can accommodate a rollaboard for pretty much every passenger on the plane if they're stored correctly.
Perhaps you are thinking of the A319/320 bins which are different than those on the A321 as the latter won’t fit bags on their side. I’ve had mixed success in the 739 as some that I’ve been on have stickers in the bins directing you to place roller bags on the side and others don’t. I asked a FA about this as well and was told some 739s have retrofitted bins that do allow bags to fit on their side but not the entire fleet. She told me the only way to tell (the bins look identical) is if it has the sticker inside the bin to lay it on it’s side.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Perhaps you are thinking of the A319/320 bins which are different than those on the A321 as the latter won’t fit bags on their side. I’ve had mixed success in the 739 as some that I’ve been on have stickers in the bins directing you to place roller bags on the side and others don’t. I asked a FA about this as well and was told some 739s have retrofitted bins that do allow bags to fit on their side but not the entire fleet. She told me the only way to tell (the bins look identical) is if it has the sticker inside the bin to lay it on it’s side.
Don't the newer 321s also have the same bins as the 319/320? I thought they did but maybe I'm getting confused with a different airline.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 11:12 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by cmd320
Don't the newer 321s also have the same bins as the 319/320? I thought they did but maybe I'm getting confused with a different airline.
The bins on the A321s are different than those on the A319/320 as the the A321 bins came straight from the Airbus factory while those on the A319/320 where installed during an aftermarket mod which also included the unique PSU console that is surrounded by LED lighting in each row. The A321 bins were advertised from Airbus as allowing bags to fit on their side (see this article from 2014) https://worldairlinenews.com/2014/09...-airbus-a321s/ but Airbus clearly didn’t test this feature out as bags don’t fit on their sides in the DL A321.

Here are some pics for the A319/320 and A321 overhead bin differences:

A319/A320:

A321:
N830MH likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 12:00 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
Perhaps Airbus was working under the assumption that Euro-sized carryons would be stackable upright. They would be correct, but in the US, the steamer trunks everyone carries on wouldn’t fit upright
hhdl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.