Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Early April Operation Disruption Compensation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Early April Operation Disruption Compensation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Friday evening (4/7) I saw a man in SEA, probably late 40s, literally in tears. After gently asking if he was OK, he said he just purchased 3 one-way tickets on UA @ $3300 each to get to his intl destination the next day. He had been promising his family this trip since his kids were in elementary school. Delta couldn't get him there for SIX days.
Wow, but *that's* the kind of trip you purchase travel insurance for!!!
Old Apr 15, 2017, 5:48 am

situation - my mom flight from RDU to ATL to DSM. Thursday - got out of RDU 2 hours to the disaster in ATL. Connection cancelled. Basically took a 17 hour tour of the airport, flew back to RDU Friday AM. Went to RDU friday am - flight delayed - will miss connection. Stood in line 3.5 hours to talk to someone to address situation. Rebooked on Monday - 4 day delay,

Given $200 voucher, told to call another number for more. They gave $225 cash.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 5:55 am

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
I"m curious about one thing: I traveled with my family--a group of 5. I'm the only one with a Skymiles account. 20,000 miles hit my account. Then, I got 2 separate groups of emails with $200 vouchers for the other passengers....so it appears that they got $400 each. I don't really understand why I would only get the miles but no vouchers...it would seem to me that the vouchers would be a lot more valuable considering the state of the SkyMiles program (which is why when I booked this tickets I didn't even bother to sign my kids up)--we are primarily UA/AA/B6 anyway.

We were traveling IAD-JFK-LHR (VS to LHR on DL ticket). Didn't make it to JFK and were sent to ATL instead. That flight left 6 hours late and arrived past 11 pm. Showed up at ATL with no hotel, no car and 3 little kids Thursday night. You can imagine how much fun that was. I've never seen anything like the scene at ATL. I eventually secured both but it took us until 3 am. We got out the following night, but some of our bags were sent to JFK, the other never left IAD. The agents insisted they were in ATL and the plane couldn't leave without our bags (I was told that 3 times by 3 different agents). I did have to purchase some clothes in London which I was planning on trying to get reimbursed.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Saw the thread about this the other day and tweeted @DL about the $200 or 20k miles, they promptly offered (and i accepted) the $200 voucher. Not 2 hours later i got an email from DL apologizing for the delays and telling me 20k miles were now in my account (already posted!)
Old Apr 15, 2017, 7:40 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Saw the thread about this the other day and tweeted @DL about the $200 or 20k miles, they promptly offered (and i accepted) the $200 voucher. Not 2 hours later i got an email from DL apologizing for the delays and telling me 20k miles were now in my account (already posted!)
How much were you delayed?

I took the $200, as I posted above, but was hoping the 20K would pop in also.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by davetravels
How much were you delayed?

I took the $200, as I posted above, but was hoping the 20K would pop in also.
4.5 hours on Friday. my 6PM didnt take off till 10:30, landing closer to 1AM instead of the scheduled ~830PM. MSP-DFW due to crew timeout. I think I got lucky and double dipped on the comp, twitter giving me the $200 when I inquired and then the auto generated 20k email
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:03 am

I received the automatic $200 voucher email yesterday, which I really appreciated, especially as the inconvenience I experienced was mild compared to what others are reporting. But it would be nice to have the 20,000 Skymiles instead -- they'd be more valuable to me, I think.

Is it possible to have one's choice of either the voucher or the miles? I wonder if I should try to follow up with DL, and if so, through what channel (replying to the email I received?).
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL DM
Finished the return portion of my itinerary last night. Thankfully it went without a hitch. The outbound was a nightmare though. Had to book a flight on WN to get out of SEA when I got stranded, and was told to call DL when I finished the return to get a refund on the 2 unflown segments.

Note the discrepancies in call wait times:

Called a reservations# I'd been given in the airport ending in 2505. Was quoted a 4-7 minute hold time. After 30 minutes of waiting, I hung up.

Called the Skymiles Reservation# ending in 2323. Was told by the auto-voice to call the Refund Dept# ending in 0578 OR wait on hold for 30-75 minutes. Decided to try the Refund Dept#.

Called Refunds, and was offered a call back of more than 3 hours. I opted for this, just to get a place in line.

Called back to the 2323 Skymiles#, the system sensed I was already in line and all of a sudden I heard "You are next to be answered!" Spoke to an agent who saw all the notes on my PNR and supposedly sent the request to the refund dept. Should have a refund back to my Amex in 5-7 business days. Now to wait and see!
Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: 2018: Delta Diamond Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
I was delayed 10 hours on Monday 4/3 before being stranded in SW VA for over 3 days from over 10 cancellations (both confirmed and standby flights) between 4/5 and 4/8.

20K SkyPesos just doesn't come close to sufficient. The lack of personalized approach digs at me the most.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum
So far most of these posts have noted the 20,000 or $200 vouchers that went to everyone

Has anyone received a formal response from a submission via the "complaint" link?

Typically, their response time for me has been ~ 3 days, but obviously this case has enormous demand.

Just wondering at what point to be patient vs follow up, curious if anyone has received a response yet
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:36 am
Suspended

Programs: DL 1MM Dia, AA Plat, UA 1MM Gold, HHonors LT Dia, Marriott/SPG LT Plat Prem
Originally Posted by StangGT909
So far most of these posts have noted the 20,000 or $200 vouchers that went to everyone

Has anyone received a formal response from a submission via the "complaint" link?

Typically, their response time for me has been ~ 3 days, but obviously this case has enormous demand.

Just wondering at what point to be patient vs follow up, curious if anyone has received a response yet
I haven't, I waited 3 days hoping they would contact me directly, like they did after the January computer outage. I filled out the complaint link online on Wednesday of last week, and I have heard nothing from that, although I did get the mass email for 20,000 skypesos.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I would not be surprised if they elect to not respond to all of those emails. It is very possible that if the complaint was filed during that period and they sent you an email with the miles/voucher that they could consider the case closed, unless you come back again.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum
They were giving out hotel vouchers, etc. when our flight was completely cancelled. The line at the airport counter was 100's of people deep so I made the flight adjustments via telephone and was told to submit expenses via the website. They certainly could reject my claim, but I would expect some kind of a response back due to expenses submitted online. We'll see what happens, but if anyone receives an email, please post!
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
My BF had asked for a refund of his cancelled flight (leg 2, flew leg 1 to ATL), reimbursement of his rental car costs and 2,500 miles for the luggage arriving late.

Delta processed a refund for the entire flight, (leg 1 & 2) and also refunded his baggage fee. They have forwarded his other requests. He was pretty happy that they responded quickly and the refund already hit is credit card account.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
How long did you guys wait till you got a response from Delta? It's been almost a week and haven't got an actual response besides the 20,000 points that everyone got...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.