Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AMEX BOGO, Cash & Miles now can Medallion upgrade & +1 UG changes!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX BOGO, Cash & Miles now can Medallion upgrade & +1 UG changes!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 4:11 pm

Still no ability to pay for upgrades for both tickets to C+ or FC when using the Companion Ticket? I still don't understand why Delta doesn't open this option if their whole plan is to "sell" more of the premium seats.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by HIFlya
Still no ability to pay for upgrades for both tickets to C+ or FC when using the Companion Ticket? I still don't understand why Delta doesn't open this option if their whole plan is to "sell" more of the premium seats.
I’ve been offered FCM upgrades on these tickets, but not at time of booking.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by jmertic
I’ve been offered FCM upgrades on these tickets, but not at time of booking.
At gate? Or online when you check on your flight status etc?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:09 pm

The companion certificate rules are odd. Apparently you cannot use a Delta cash voucher to pay for the primary ticket. You must pay all cash if you want to use a companion cert. At least that is what I was told.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerslc
The companion certificate rules are odd. Apparently you cannot use a Delta cash voucher to pay for the primary ticket. You must pay all cash if you want to use a companion cert. At least that is what I was told.
Further, I believe the payment has to be via Amex (not necessarily a Delta Amex).
Old Oct 19, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Gold
At gate? Or online when you check on your flight status etc?
In the Delta app, started seeing it a week ahead of time.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: Delta PM
Yep, and you can't PWM (pay with miles) either, which is a bummer because I would certainly be doing that with these certs!
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by jmertic
In the Delta app, started seeing it a week ahead of time.
I have a companion cert trip in two months, already in C+, and am seeing an FCM offer. Interestingly, this was only after I called in to fix/reissue after a schedule change, offer was not visible before that.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
I have a companion cert trip in two months, already in C+, and am seeing an FCM offer. Interestingly, this was only after I called in to fix/reissue after a schedule change, offer was not visible before that.
Man I must have missed out on my flight at the end of August. Did you upgrade to C+? It wasn't a seat you could get when getting you first booked your flight with the companion cert right? Oh and just to confirm, we are talking about the Delta Platinum Amex, not the Delta Reserve?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Man I must have missed out on my flight at the end of August. Did you upgrade to C+? It wasn't a seat you could get when getting you first booked your flight with the companion cert right? Oh and just to confirm, we are talking about the Delta Platinum Amex, not the Delta Reserve?
We booked X class, comp-upgraded to C+ due to PM status immediately after booking (and again immediately after reticketing post-schedule-change). Indeed, this was on the Plat cert, not Reserve.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
We booked X class, comp-upgraded to C+ due to PM status immediately after booking (and again immediately after reticketing post-schedule-change). Indeed, this was on the Plat cert, not Reserve.
Oh ok, yeah I heard the good news for Medallion upgrades, was wondering if they would allow paid upgrades. but you said they offered the option to pay up to First from C+. Wonder if that was a Medallion perk as well. Nothing against Medallions and all that they deserve with the status, but considering they are trying to have a push to get more money and encourage more paid upgrades, I am shocked they don't allow Plat cert fliers the option. It would seem to be no extra money out of Delta's pocket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.