Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA pre check at JFK T1

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Only one segment when all BPS issued at one time? PreCheck shows up even when flying to US as long as the BP issuing airline participates. A DL BP SIN-NRT will show PreCheck though of no use.
That's correct. Only one segment with TSA-PRE. Last occurrence in DL was in July 2015 though, so this might have changed. This is more typical with AA: TSA-PRE for CDG-MIA but no PRE for MIA-SDQ.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Only one segment when all BPS issued at one time? PreCheck shows up even when flying to US as long as the BP issuing airline participates. A DL BP SIN-NRT will show PreCheck though of no use.
Yup. Per a DL BP a year ago I had pre-check at HND but could not find the line. Hell, could not even find TSA for some strange reason.

I am curious where the pre-check line is at T1. My last time through I did not have pre (as I had to get a separate BP printed from MU) but I did look around and did not see it.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
Im the OP

Let me reframe my question. Is there a special line for J & F classes at T1? Wasn't so much concerned about taking off shoes and removing laptop as about how long it would likely take to get through security.
Thanks
Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by exwannabe
Yup. Per a DL BP a year ago I had pre-check at HND but could not find the line. Hell, could not even find TSA for some strange reason.

I am curious where the pre-check line is at T1. My last time through I did not have pre (as I had to get a separate BP printed from MU) but I did look around and did not see it.
The line is the same as Business Class/Frequent Flyers. Once you reach the BP scanner and you get the magic beeps, they give you further instructions.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You get PreCheck for all BPS issue at once or none. If you checkin with DL and they issue you a BP for the connecting KE flight (and of course you get Precheck) then the DL issued BP for the KE flight will have PreCheck on it.
This past December I flew MCO-EWR-ADD all on a UA ticket. MCO-EWR was on UA and EWR-ADD on ET. UA issued all BPs and only MCO-EWR had Precheck. So the process seems a little inconsistent across airlines.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Steve007NY
Im the OP

Let me reframe my question. Is there a special line for J & F classes at T1? Wasn't so much concerned about taking off shoes and removing laptop as about how long it would likely take to get through security.
Thanks
Yes, it is located right in the middle of the TSA entrance. JFK-ICN flights depart at non-peak times, so you should be fine. The line gets crowded between 5 and 10 PM as most European carriers have departures during that timeframe.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

TSA? Just a few hundred miles away! Though most fly to TPE.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:12 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by SDQBound
Last year I had a JFK-ORY codeshare flight
Now, THERE'ZA shocker!!!

I had absolutely NO IDEA AF flew to the USA from ORY!?!?!

Also - - Where, exactly, is seat "A"?!?!?

Were you a customer, or in uniform with 4 stripes?!?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by davetravels
Now, THERE'ZA shocker!!!

Also BA flies LCY/JFK. Only thing I think could top that would be ORY/LCY to LGA. I can imagine they could sell those flights out quick and for a pretty penny.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by davetravels
Now, THERE'ZA shocker!!!

Yes, they started last fall, the flight initially had the old Business Class seats (which I chose over the new ones just to arrive to Orly and get home quicker), now they have upgraded to the new seats (new smaller business cabin, 28J seats).

A seat is located right next to the window, you can find it in almost every single row

I think I was a customer
Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by Often1
Take a minute to send a note to KE complaining that it has not joined Pre-Check. Many other major non-US carriers now participate (look at TSA's website for a list). The more passengers who complain, the better.
About that TSA web site. It's wildly out of date and generally lacks sufficient information. You would have better luck luck signing up for health care on healthcare.gov. Sorry Barack. We miss you.

And yes. TSA pre does happen occasionally for those who did not sign up. Myself and companion got pre on Saturday jfk sju.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Steve007NY
Im the OP

Thanks
Originally Posted by SDQBound
Yes, it is located right in the middle of the TSA entrance. JFK-ICN flights depart at non-peak times, so you should be fine. The line gets crowded between 5 and 10 PM as most European carriers have departures during that timeframe.
Sometimes though, the "Business and First Class" people will then just be pointed towards the regular line, where most of the waiting is. Rarely more than a 10 minute wait though.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
We flew DCA-JFK-CDG-BUD in December, 2016, flying DL on the first segment and AF on the last two. We transited JFK in the 2 pm hour, leaving T2 airside and walking over to T1. There were TSA Pre-Check signs up, but there was no TSA Pre-Check in operation, and the TSA agents were rude to us when we asked about it.

There is a security entrance for business class and Sky Priority, but nude-o-scopes were in operation for all. Maybe things have changed in three months. It took us about 35 minutes to clear security from the minute we entered the line.

I don't know why Delta, which has promised "seamless" Skyteam travel in the past, does not provide JFK Jitney service to T1 airside from its other terminals.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
I am curious where the pre-check line is at T1.
The left side of the checkpoint. It was added because LH, which operates out of T1, does support Pre-√.

Originally Posted by GaryD
Sometimes though, the "Business and First Class" people will then just be pointed towards the regular line, where most of the waiting is. Rarely more than a 10 minute wait though.
Not IME. The "business and first" line (also used by SkyPriority) IME moves at the same slow rate as the regular lines, and I never clear in less than 15 (and usually closer to 30) minutes. It's especially bad when people show up for the A380 flights.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by ND76
We flew DCA-JFK-CDG-BUD in December, 2016, flying DL on the first segment and AF on the last two. We transited JFK in the 2 pm hour, leaving T2 airside and walking over to T1. There were TSA Pre-Check signs up, but there was no TSA Pre-Check in operation, and the TSA agents were rude to us when we asked about it.

There is a security entrance for business class and Sky Priority, but nude-o-scopes were in operation for all. Maybe things have changed in three months. It took us about 35 minutes to clear security from the minute we entered the line.

I don't know why Delta, which has promised "seamless" Skyteam travel in the past, does not provide JFK Jitney service to T1 airside from its other terminals.
We flew back in November and didn't have to go through the nude-o-scopes. The TSA agents asked us to keep our BP in hand and show it to receive the PRE-CHECK treatment, but the line was the same one for Business/First. Took us around 40 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.