Search

90's Frankfurt Hub

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:51 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Panam Clipper
Cabin crews were almost all Polish.
Ore or two of them were Kenyans transferred to WAW from the NBO Base (when Pan Am ceased the JFK-NBO route). Otherwise they were all Polish.

In early days - after DL took over the PA TATL routes - there was also a bases in TLV (servicing TLV-ORY) and in BOM/DEL (servicing BOM/DEL-FRA).
Old Oct 29, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Delta never inherited Pan Am's IGS (Internal German Service) operations. Pan Am sold that piece to Lufthansa in 1990, well before DL took over Pan Am's TATL ops in November 1991.

Pan Am (and hence Delta) didn't have fifth freedom rights on allof its flights out of FRA...FRA-ATH was one where they didn't (I have a Pan Am schedule which specifically says "No local traffic rights" under the FRA-ATH flight listing).
Yes correct you could fly LHR-FRA-ATH as local traffic, but not FRA-ATH. I flew the route both on PA and DL and in all cases timetable said "No local traffic" FRA-ATH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.