Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton MQM offer is back

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2016, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Hilton MQM offer is back

250 MQMs for any two night stay at Hilton

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/proces...lyURL7HE841639
Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:00 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Thanks

I have a two night and a three night stay soon at inexpensive Hiltons.
Worth it to change my Hilton earning preference from points+points to points+miles. I'm giving up five Hilton points for one Delta Skymiles per dollar spend on Hilton with the 250 miles MQM as extra on the stay.

After the offer period, I'm switching back to Hilton points+points (no airline miles).
Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Bowgie
Worth it to change my Hilton earning preference from points+points to points+miles. I'm giving up five Hilton points for one Delta Skymiles per dollar spend on Hilton with the 250 miles MQM as extra on the stay.

After the offer period, I'm switching back to Hilton points+points (no airline miles).
Difficult choice.

To maximize the benefit of the current Hilton Double Points promo you need to select Points & Points.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Thanks for sharing this. I have at least one two-night stay coming up in this period, with a chance for one or two more. Always looking for ways to add to the rollover for 2017.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:53 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Difficult choice.

To maximize the benefit of the current Hilton Double Points promo you need to select Points & Points.
Darn it! I might just undo my selection.

EDIT: A lot of Hilton offers requiring selecting points+points, but I don't think the current "double base points" offer does.

"* Offer valid September 1, 2016, through December 31, 2016 (“Promotion Period”) at any hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio. Hilton HHonors™ members must first register at HHonors.com/DoubleUp prior to completing a stay within the Promotion Period. Registered Hilton HHonors members will only receive Bonus Points for nights completed during the Promotion Period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends. Registered Hilton HHonors members will earn Double HHonors Bonus Points per stay during the Promotion Period. "Double Points" means you will receive a bonus equal to the number of Base Points earned during a stay. There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned during the Promotion Period with this offer. However, there are restrictions on the amount of Base Points that can be earned on a single stay at certain brands. See HHonors Terms & Conditions for more details. Bonus Points earned on Base Points do not count toward tier qualification. Please allow six to eight weeks from completion of your stay for points to appear in your Hilton HHonors account."

To me, it sounds like one can do both the Hilton Double Base Points and the Delta MQM offer.

Last edited by Bowgie; Oct 3, 2016 at 11:25 pm
Old Oct 4, 2016, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Darn it! I might just undo my selection.

EDIT: A lot of Hilton offers requiring selecting points+points, but I don't think the current "double base points" offer does.

"* Offer valid September 1, 2016, through December 31, 2016 (“Promotion Period”) at any hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio. Hilton HHonors™ members must first register at HHonors.com/DoubleUp prior to completing a stay within the Promotion Period. Registered Hilton HHonors members will only receive Bonus Points for nights completed during the Promotion Period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends. Registered Hilton HHonors members will earn Double HHonors Bonus Points per stay during the Promotion Period. "Double Points" means you will receive a bonus equal to the number of Base Points earned during a stay. There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned during the Promotion Period with this offer. However, there are restrictions on the amount of Base Points that can be earned on a single stay at certain brands. See HHonors Terms & Conditions for more details. Bonus Points earned on Base Points do not count toward tier qualification. Please allow six to eight weeks from completion of your stay for points to appear in your Hilton HHonors account."

To me, it sounds like one can do both the Hilton Double Base Points and the Delta MQM offer.
Correct, you can do points and miles and participate in both, as I interpret the T&Cs.

I was responding in the context from the Hilton FAQs for their promo:

Do I have to change my MyWay™ Earnings Style Option in my Hilton HHonors account in order to receive Double Points for this promotion?
No. However, to maximize the number of points you can earn during the promotion, selecting Hilton HHonors Points & Points would be best.

It appears to be a question of whether to maximize Hilton points, with no DL MQMs, or split the benefit between Hilton points and DL MQMs.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Difficult choice.

I couldn't find it in the T&C for the Double Points promo.

In the past I've never had problems stacking this with other promos. A long time ago I received a targeted diamond promo when they were giving the free night after every 10 nights or four stays and was able to stack that, the Delta MQM promo and the quarterly promo they had going on at the time. This was when you could get the MQM's with just a one night (and I think it was 500 MQM's back then, not 250) so Hilton got all my business that quarter

For people who had points+points or another airline as their preferred partner before making the change and have existing reservations, I'd recommend seeing if the booked rate is still available and if it is just rebooking a new reservation and cancelling the old one. If the rates are higher or you are on a prepaid make sure to tell the FDC at check in that you want to make sure Delta is selected as your partner. I got screwed out of some MQM's a couple years ago during this promo on stays I had booked before I made the change, it gave me points+points even though the Hilton diamond desk told me all stays would get delta miles as long as they were my registered partner at the time of stay. Last year I made sure to tell the desk clerk at check in to make sure Delta was my partner and one of the stays it didn't get changed so it wouldn't hurt to double check at checkout or check your folio before check out.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
The current "Double Up" promotion through Hilton HHonors is also offering triple points for stays booked through the Hilton HHonors app.

Reservations must be made, and stays must be completed, between 10/4/16 and 12/31/16.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aww3583
The current "Double Up" promotion through Hilton HHonors is also offering triple points for stays booked through the Hilton HHonors app.

Reservations must be made, and stays must be completed, between 10/4/16 and 12/31/16.
Thanks. I just rebooked a bunch of upcoming stays on the APP and cancelled the old ones
Old Oct 4, 2016, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
If you go here the terms quite clearly say you must select DL for your Double Dip. No selecting Hilton Honors for the Double Dip.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 6:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member

Difficult choice.

And the redemption rate for Honors Points is way worse than the redemption rate for Sky Miles. It's almost impossible to find a room below what I consider the high rate of 40,000 points/night.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 4:16 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Anybody have issues with this promo?

Just saw my first stay post and HHonors is saying I earned 233 MQM instead of 250??
Old Dec 22, 2016, 5:45 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, HH Diamond
deleted

Last edited by budblab; Dec 22, 2016 at 5:47 am Reason: error
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Live again for 2017. You are welcome :-)
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Remember that you need to register for the offer in advance and set your points earning option correctly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.