Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

2018 Diamond and Platinum Choice Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2017, 11:41 am
Original Poster

I am about to re-qualify for status for the 2018 year and was wondering if anyone knows when the choice benefits are going to be available to pick. I have a friend getting married who I want to gift status to that would be good through Jan 2019. My guess is after Jan 31 of this year, but can anyone confirm or have any knowledge of what has happened in years past?
Old Jan 12, 2017, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Xu Guan
I am about to re-qualify for status for the 2018 year and was wondering if anyone knows when the choice benefits are going to be available to pick. I have a friend getting married who I want to gift status to that would be good through Jan 2019. My guess is after Jan 31 of this year, but can anyone confirm or have any knowledge of what has happened in years past?
If you already have the MQMs and the MQD spend (or are exempt) then yes very shortly after 1FEB you will be able to pick your CB. I did this last year for my 2017 choice. I gifted wife Gold so she had it all of last year, this year, and it ends 1FEB18. If you use 2018 CB to gift status it will be good this year, 2018 and end 1FEB19.

Assuming Delta does not tinker with the choices before the 1st that is.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Renes Points
If you already have the MQMs and the MQD spend (or are exempt) then yes very shortly after 1FEB you will be able to pick your CB. I did this last year for my 2017 choice. I gifted wife Gold so she had it all of last year, this year, and it ends 1FEB18. If you use 2018 CB to gift status it will be good this year, 2018 and end 1FEB19.

Assuming Delta does not tinker with the choices before the 1st that is.
If they decide to tinker, hopefully I'll log on to find that PMs can pick two GUCs.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by WWads
If they decide to tinker, hopefully I'll log on to find that PMs can pick 100 GUCs.
Fixed it for you
Old Jan 12, 2017, 4:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Well, I just got a survey that asked allll about the SkyMiles program and benefits, including the choice benefits...I wondered if this was a precursor to changes to the program, you know the ones, "we listened to your feedback"....
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JBJ2435
Well, I just got a survey that asked allll about the SkyMiles program and benefits, including the choice benefits...I wondered if this was a precursor to changes to the program, you know the ones, "we listened to your feedback"....
Well let's hope they leave the GUCs just the way they are and still allow me to gift status. The GUCs were a benefit I often used to TPE. Now they just need to keep the flight somehow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.