Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Compensation Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2022, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by chengcheng2
Yep, i got it 2 days after the email
Did you get 15K miles as someone else mentioned?
Old Jan 5, 2022, 3:41 pm

Programs: delta
Originally Posted by The Situation
Did you get 15K miles as someone else mentioned?
Yeah, there was first an email regarding compensation for Christmas cancellations, then another one stating 15K miles. I think the miles posted a day or 2 after the second email. 15k miles.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by jphripjah
In late Juyt my wife, son and I were visiting family in Providence and were supposed to fly home, one way, on Delta PVD-DTW-LAS.

Wrote to Delta and said we had $172 in expenses and I'd like to be reimbursed that amount, or in the alternative, get a $400 credit.

Today they sent me travel credits for $400 . . . each. That's $1200 total. I'm pleased with that resolution.
5+ months to resolve this? Seriously? Or did you write in late, or...?

-RM
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
5+ months to resolve this? Seriously? Or did you write in late, or...?

-RM
No. The flight was canceled on November 1. I have no idea why I wrote late July.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 3:27 pm

Programs: Delta. AA, National EE, HH
Originally Posted by jphripjah
No. The flight was canceled on November 1. I have no idea why I wrote late July.

You didn't You wrote Juyt....lol
Old Feb 12, 2022, 10:01 am

My son's flight today RDU-SEA has been delayed today over 6 hours and counting. Mechanical. What would be reasonable to ask for. No status.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by marlin
My son's flight today RDU-SEA has been delayed today over 6 hours and counting. Mechanical. What would be reasonable to ask for. No status.
A rebooking to another flight would be a start.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
A rebooking to another flight would be a start.
Yeah, seriously, I hope he is still not in RDU.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 11:23 am

6 hour and 15 minute delay. Rolling delay so rebooking wasn't really an option plus didn't want to abandon a nonstop.

What do you recommend he ask for? He got a $15 meal voucher but that's it.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 8:42 am

Currently stuck at JFK. First it was a few minutes delay due to lack of deicing equipment. Delay kept getting longer. An hour goes by and they say they'll start letting people off the plane, but they didn't actually let anyone off for awhile. It's been over 2.5 hours now and some passengers have deboarded and they have no idea when we will get going again.

Is it reasonable to ask for compensation in this case (presumably due to weather)? If so, how much is reasonable?
Old Feb 13, 2022, 9:12 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I got 5K redeemables last summer without asking for them when a mechanical delay led to a 1+ hour tarmac hold at my destination waiting for a gate to open up.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 3:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by marlin
6 hour and 15 minute delay. Rolling delay so rebooking wasn't really an option plus didn't want to abandon a nonstop.

What do you recommend he ask for? He got a $15 meal voucher but that's it.
I had a very similar experience happen in August, 2018 (in fact you can scroll back to early September, 2018 to see my post about it in this thread!) and Delta gave me 12,500 miles after I wrote in to complain.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 6:03 am

Thank you. My son got 5,000 miles without asking the next day (for the 7 hour delay.) I emailed asking for a voucher (before I knew about this) and
have not had a reply.

What is really annoying is on the flight page that shows delays, it says 0 percent delay over 60 minutes. This is false.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 6:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I write this as a data point.
On February 4th my connecting flight 774 ATL-JFK suffered a mechanical during taxi. I was in paid F.
After a bit, we were eventually placed at a gate in the international terminal.
About an hour later, we were told we could NOT leave the plane, but gate agents would come onboard to work with pax that had connections to international flights at JFK.
A few hours in, we were told to deplane as there would be an equipment swap and to stay at the gate area. (the cabin temperature had soared to a very uncomfortable level by then)
By this time, there was nothing left to swap my flight to. I really didn't want to anyway as I had 2 checked bags that I'm sure would have become a hassle to retrieve.
While waiting at the gate, I noticed they never unloaded luggage from the aircraft.
Some goldfish, nuts, rice crispy treats, and water were provided at the gate a few hours later, but no meal vouchers were available.
We eventually re boarded the same aircraft, total takeoff delay of 7 hours.
Chatted with Delta while in flight and was offered $25, which I declined.
Called them and was provided two $50 credits, which I accepted.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 5:51 pm

My flight back in January was delayed in PHX by over 2 hrs, caused me to miss the last flight out of ATL, so Delta put me up at the AC hotel, gave me two food vouchers, and today just sent me $100 in airline credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.