Search

Delta Compensation Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2024, 10:41 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
3 of us traveling are all DM
FCO - ATL (10:24 flight time)
IFE was completely dead for our whole row
FA suggested we move from bulkhead C+ to row 50 which was a broken seat that didn’t recline.
Came by at the end of flight and said will give SkyMiles
got email and it’s for 2000 miles. What an insult

What is the standard compensation normally for something like this? I’m assuming it should be a little more? How do we go about asking for it?
Old Jan 29, 2024, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by cboy
3 of us traveling are all DM
FCO - ATL (10:24 flight time)
IFE was completely dead for our whole row
FA suggested we move from bulkhead C+ to row 50 which was a broken seat that didn’t recline.
Came by at the end of flight and said will give SkyMiles
got email and it’s for 2000 miles. What an insult

What is the standard compensation normally for something like this? I’m assuming it should be a little more? How do we go about asking for it?
$20 worth of SM is a definite insult. I would write in and respectfully explain how you were relying on the IFE to work for such a long flight and this experience has really soured the DL brand in your view.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 8:40 am

Flew D1 on the redeye from SFO to JFK the other night. The seat was beyond filthy. Giant crumbs everywhere, earwax covered ear plugs from the prior passenger on the floor and napkins covered with food in all of the little storage areas and the floor. Whoever sat that before me was a mess. Really bizarre because the plane was on the ground for a few hours and SFO so it's not like it was a quick turnaround and they didn't have time to clean. It's basically like my seat was totally skipped. Was a $1,600 one way ticket too.

I took pictures of everything and got a $200 voucher. It was a work trip so I didn't pay for the ticket. Seems like decent compensation. The seat really was gross.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 10:08 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
I flew ATL to PTY (about 5 hours) last week with a dead IFE and full plane (no seat to switch to). DL graciously gave me 2000 miles. I honestly wish they had told me to bugger off. At least that would have been less of an insult.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by lucycan
I flew ATL to PTY (about 5 hours) last week with a dead IFE and full plane (no seat to switch to). DL graciously gave me 2000 miles. I honestly wish they had told me to bugger off. At least that would have been less of an insult.
$20. Wow. You’re right. I’d rather have zero.

I beat you. This week my bag came out at 21 minutes and I got 2500 SM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.