Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Compensation Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2012, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
To all the people that tweet Delta on Twitter when there's a problem... Do you need to set up a twitter account first?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 4:25 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
ok, i've been super lucky and only ever had 1 big delay before and that was due to weather.
E v e r ? ! ? ! ? !
Old Feb 1, 2012, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by dcline414
As a likely borderline GM/PM by the end of this year, I feel more or less the same way. I would gladly accept a less direct route (aka more MQMs) with a confirmed upgrade any day!

I keep telling DL this in their email surveys, but it's almost like they aren't reading the responses...
DL spends a fortune on market research, including the email surveys as well as focus groups. The problem is simply that if you follow issues such as this on FT, you get the skewed view that it's a big deal.

As a % of their high-value traffic, I would have to bet that few suggestions such as your occur. The vast majority of people, including high-volume high-fare pax, likely chalk this up to life, don't expect or care about compensation and would never think of asking.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 4:37 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
To the OP - in case you didn't know . . .

The flight was canceled, so whatever alternate route you ended up with, you done did good!
Old Feb 1, 2012, 4:43 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Often1
As a likely borderline GM/PM by the end of this year, I feel more or less the same way. I would gladly accept a less direct route (aka more MQMs) with a confirmed upgrade any day!

I keep telling DL this in their email surveys, but it's almost like they aren't reading the responses...
DL spends a fortune on market research, including the email surveys as well as focus groups. The problem is simply that if you follow issues such as this on FT, you get the skewed view that it's a big deal.

As a % of their high-value traffic, I would have to bet that few suggestions such as your occur. The vast majority of people, including high-volume high-fare pax, likely chalk this up to life, don't expect or care about compensation and would never think of asking.
Fair enough... But since they ask in their surveys (irop, overbooked flight) they must have some interest in what would make them look good in their customers' eyes when these situations occur. Maybe most FTers wouldn't want MQMs, but I think anyone would take a confirmed upgrade in a situation where you aren't going to get where you want/need to be on time.

Plus an upgrade only costs some poor soul the free upgrade they had hope would clear at the gate, but miles could be much more costly. And the PM who doesn't get the upgrade would probably offer it to you willingly if you told them your sob story... if only to shut you up!
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:05 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by fti
Well, you could wait for another flight that has an aisle or window or F UG available
There was sadly nothing else available as everyone else who had been displaced had already filled them up. Offered to take a bump to the next day during boarding of the one I was rebooked on as it was a total cluster F during boarding lol

Originally Posted by davetravels
E v e r ? ! ? ! ? !
I'm not messin with you!! I had flights get messed up only once before due to a snow storm. Never had a Mx delay, or any other big delay. Well, when I called my mom to tell her my about my delay she recounted one time years and years ago we were there and delayed for a long time due to a private pane crashing on the runway....but at was like over 10 years ago and i was young and didn't remember.

Originally Posted by davetravels
To the OP - in case you didn't know . . .

The flight was canceled, so whatever alternate route you ended up with, you done did good!
Yea I'm in the air now on #359. 20D. Not bad. But I was aiming for 100% upgrades this year, and this already messed that up!!
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
By the way, the only time I received unrequested miles (6,200) ...
Many comments have been made in several threads about this, but that is such a random amount of RDMs... What could possibly have been their calculus?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
I'm not messin with you!! I had flights get messed up only once before. . . .
GOOD LORD!!!! Someday, I'll tell the story about when I was flying SFO/NRT on my way to BKK, on a jam packed B747, and a woman had a miscarriage over the Pacific, and we were diverted - overnight - back to Seattle! (That, of course, is the micro-mini-capsule version!)
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:25 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Darts? Dice? Spinning a replica of the Wheel of Fortune? I'd like to think it's at least something fun like a drinking game and not some lame statistics software that decided that's all I am worth to their bottom line!
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
OP, wait 1 week for an auto DL email, otherwise send a TTU.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 7:57 am

Delayed Flight Compensation ? Please Help with Claim.

What is the amount of compensation should I be receiving?

On my recent flight- I missed a flight to JFK due to a mechanical issue which resulted into very late arrival.

My original flight was delayed due to hydraulic failure. A second plane was brought in, which too had some mechanical problems (frozen brake calipers), which resulted in missing my flight connection to JFK and ultimately missing international connection out of JFK.

I was rerouted to DTW to AMS in Delta flight and connecting to KLM to my final destination of Barcelona. When I arrived in Barcelona I was delayed by almost 6 hours.

I need help. What should I expect from DELTA?

Thank you all in advance.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

EU compensation rules do not apply to US-to-EU flights on US airlines. They might give you some miles or an evoucher if you complain, but there is no fixed amount. All DL technically owed you under their CoC was a meal voucher since your delay was over 4 hours.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 8:29 am

You'll get Delta miles for the MX delays. The better status you have with DL the more miles you'll get.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 8:38 am

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
As a Gold, I don't get anything for a 6 hour delay except a free new flight and an inadequate meal voucher that would not purchase an entire meal. And they weren't giving the meals to everyone, just to those of us who smiled and kept our voices low. Although once, oddly, I got something like a derisory 2,500 miles for a 2 hour mechanical delay. Mostly, you get some blah-blah about how all they're required to do is get you on another flight. Good luck. I hope you do better than I do at the game of getting compensated for a few lost hours. They must know I don't have a job and hence they value my time at pretty close to zero. If you ever retire, don't admit it!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
On a recent trip to Europe, my inbound/return flight was +5 hours late in arriving and all flights for the day from the arrival gateway to my home airport (MSP) had departed.

I was given a pre-paid airport hotel voucher + $10 voucher for Dinner + $6 voucher for breakfast + re-booked on the next day (Saturday) 6.15am morning flight.

That was the compensation I received even though it screwed up my Saturday (got home at 11am instead of 10pm Friday night) and it cost me an additional day of charges for airport parking at MSP.

That is travel life today!

Don't expect much = you will not be disappointed!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.