Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Compensation Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Dalewood
Out of MSP this morning, GA announced that there would be no water/coffee aboard due to frozen water lines (-10 F). She suggested getting coffee before boarding. There were wipes in the bathroom. I am not expecting compensation.
I hope you mean non-potable water as there should have been plenty of bottled water available that wouldn't be affected by the temps

I'm surprised they didn't give folks water bottles to use in the bathroom

That was nice of the GA, though, to tell all the coffee drinkers to grab some before boarding
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:51 pm

An 11 hour delay due to equipment failure. They preemptively offered me 7,500 sky miles via email.

First class received 10,000.

Last edited by LimaWhiskey; Feb 21, 2019 at 2:28 pm
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: Delta Diamond
HNL > LAX
PM
Wife and my daughter flying

Bought main cabin and immediately get Comfort+

plane changed and downgraded to main cabin stuck in row 39. really glad her Regionals upgrade certificate didn’t clear cause I hear they don’t give those back either.

whats strange is we always fly this route 1-2x a month and there is always c+ available at the gate but GA claims it’s full from all paid people this one flight
think there is any compensation for this? Should She bother complaining via delta comments?

Last edited by cboy; Feb 22, 2019 at 11:08 am
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:23 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by cboy
HNL > LAX
DL PM

my delta one upgrade cleared at the gate. Sat down and after meal service i realized the seat would not recline at all. IFE wasnt working too but i was going to sleep so i didn't even mention it..

FE was really nice and offered me 15k miles. she scanned my boarding pass and asked me to enter my email address.

today I got an email saying hi NOTCBOY, Skymiles#NotcboysSkymilesnumber, you have been credited 15k miles! I wonder how that happened? maybe they gave the seat to someone else before me and there is a mixup there?

i've tweeted to delta and they said they are looking into it.

has this happened to anyone here else in the past?
Yes except the opposite, about an hour before arrival ATL-LAX this hppened on a D1 777. The cable in the seat actually snapped so it was full upright for the last hour (which obviously was no big deal) lead FA was very apologetic and scanned my boarding pass/asked for email and said he was sending me 15k skymiles. He also gave me one of the D1 Tumi international amenity kits as an apology too.

They were way too apologetic for it in my opinion, but very nice. Luckily it had a 12 hour lay over in LA to get this fixed as it was going LAX-SYD that night and having that seat would suck
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
I had a TATL weekend trip (Thurs night outbound, Mon morning return). Inbound to ATL was delayed enough to cause me to miss my connection an arrive 21hr late, greatly reducing the length of my trip. I have so many miles already, any chance they'll give me some kind of financial compensation instead?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
ATL-ABQ

During meal service I took out my silverware from the napkin and noticed the fork had dried food on it. I asked the FA for another fork showing her the food and of course she apologized and brought another fork. After I was done eating she came by with her handheld gizmo they use and said she was giving me some miles. I said you don't have to do that I just wanted another fork. She insisted and the gizmo spit out 2500 miles.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Dirty Pants Compensation

I flew internationally recently (domestic J type plane) and the only nice pair of pants I brought with me on my trip got a massive grease stain from the tray table... flight attendants were very apologetic and gave me 5k miles, should I ask for anything else? The pants issue stopped my wife and I from going for a nice dinner since the only other clothing I had were two pairs of shorts and one pair of jeans...

And no, I don't want to sue the airline for 50 million like that crazy judge did when the cleaners lost his pants lol
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
I flew internationally recently (domestic J type plane) and the only nice pair of pants I brought with me on my trip got a massive grease stain from the tray table... flight attendants were very apologetic and gave me 5k miles, should I ask for anything else? The pants issue stopped my wife and I from going for a nice dinner since the only other clothing I had were two pairs of shorts and one pair of jeans...

And no, I don't want to sue the airline for 50 million like that crazy judge did when the cleaners lost his pants lol
It's hard to evaluate compensation without seeing the damage. Can you post a picture of the stain?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
I am not sure how... it was only on the left thigh, but very visible - about 3 inches by 3 inches of black grease. It came out immediately in the wash when we got home, but didn't come out with just water.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
I am not sure how... it was only on the left thigh, but very visible - about 3 inches by 3 inches of black grease. It came out immediately in the wash when we got home, but didn't come out with just water.
I would just let it go. You could submit a complaint on delta.com, but I value 5k at $50 and wouldn't bother asking for more.

BTW, my father regularly has large grease stains on his nice pants and they've never stopped him from enjoying fine dining.
levilevi and manacit like this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Did you consider trying to have the pants cleaned at your destination?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
... my father regularly has large grease stains on his nice pants and they've never stopped him from enjoying fine dining.
Exactly what I'd have done... have done.
Let others worry about your pants, not you. As long as it is not 'unhygenic' or an accident of the 'other' kind
Old Mar 28, 2019, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
LAX-SFO - 2.5 hour delay due to missing crew.
SFO-AMS - Equipment swap on KL (787 to 777)

Both legs in F/J.
​​​​​​​
$75 gift card. Wasn't expecting anything.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
DL 296 cancelled for mechanical. Provided hotel/breakfast/transportation and 35k in miles.
Not sure if I should ask for anything else. The 35k was provided without inquiry.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 10:15 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
MSP-LHR a couple weeks back, rolling delays in 90 min chunks or so, ended up being 8+ hours not getting out till 2AM, and a new plane being ferried up from ATL. I had upgraded w/miles to D1, and DL called me to refund all the miles i had spent + $100 voucher. Very nice gesture i wouldn't have ever expected a total refund of my miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.