Wiki Posts
Search

Delta One Headphones with my device

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat AA Gold Airtran Elite HH Diamond Marriott Plat *Wood Plat
Delta One Headphones with my device

I can't seem to find this answer anywhere. First time flying D1 next week - and trying to figure out if I can use the provided noise cancelling headphones with my own device (say my ipad, which will have Audible books and movies i actually want to watch on it, instead of the IFE). I don't own any noise cancelling headphones myself, so i was hoping to be able to use the provided ones. From pics, it looks like they are 2-prong. I have 100 of those adapters that work the other way around, where you can use regular plugs with the 2-hole jack on the seat, but never seen one the other way around. ideas?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I don't think it'll work well, if at all. You might be able to jam one of the plugs into your device, but then you might only get sound out of 1 side.

The DeltaOne headphones aren't necessarily great at noise cancelling, anyway, IMO. I actually am not 100% sure they have active NC at all. If you don't want to spring for a $350+ pair of NC headphones, you could honestly just grab a good $20-$30 pair of noise isolating earbuds or comfy over-ear headphones and have the same or better experience as the DL-provided headphones.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:37 pm

Programs: DL DM MM
D1 headphones have two pronged jacks. Thus, they won't work with your devices without an adaptor. They are not active noise cancelling (no power source) and they don't sound all that great so you are better off bringing your own headphones or buds. If you do, make sure you have an adaptor (the ones that come with NC headphones) should you decide to watch a movie.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:16 pm

Programs: DL DM MM; Hilton Diamond; Hertz 5*
You can buy an adaptor to use the Delta headphones on a single plug device. But I'd agree that you might want to just buy a decent set for yourself. Headphones come in many varieties and some folks love style X while others love style Y. If you buy them at a store that allows returns then you can take them for a test drive and see what works best for you before committing to them long term.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
The headphones honestly are pretty awful when compared to much better products on the market (Bose, Beats, etc). I know you dont have them presently, I am just making a statement. It is a GREAT investment you wont regret.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LonghaulCommuter
D1 headphones have two pronged jacks. Thus, they won't work with your devices without an adaptor. They are not active noise cancelling (no power source) and they don't sound all that great so you are better off bringing your own headphones or buds. If you do, make sure you have an adaptor (the ones that come with NC headphones) should you decide to watch a movie.
Delta calls them noise-canceling, not noise-reducing, which means active electronics somewhere. It possible there's a power source that is not openly visible, or the power is supplied via one of the prongs.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
The power is supplied via one of the prongs, that is where the noise canceling comes from.

I think that technically it would work find if you just put one of the prongs in....I think one is power and one is audio, but the issue would be making it actually fit.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
I wouldn't put any effort into trying to use the D1 headphones working with my own device. Those headphones just aren't that good. Best to buy a $10 pair of earbuds in my opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.