Wiki Posts
Search

MQM on KLM flight/ Delta metal

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Honors Gold
MQM on KLM flight/ Delta metal

Apologies if this should go in a master thread.

I am planning to book a flight MSP-AMS-CDG and LHR-MSP. Both transatlantics are on Delta metal. The AMS-CDG is on KLM.

The ticket would be sold by KLM.

Can someone please verify that I will receive the usual MQM for the KLM-ticketed flight on Delta metal since it's transatlantic? That is what I gather by reading: http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-airlines.html

It would be ~$200 more for the same flight ticketed through Delta.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As can be seen by the MQM earnings columns, MQM earnings are consistent for all KL marketed flights (flights that start with the letters KL). It does not matter who tickets the flights, or if they are trans-atlantic or not. As long as your fare class is one of the ones listed in the tables, you will get MQM's according to your KL fare class as listed in the table.

Only RDM and MQD will vary depending on ticketing carrier and route being flown (between cost-based and mileage-based). In this case, since you are on a TATL itin that is ticketed by KL and operated by either DL or KL, those will be cost based (the first table).

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 4, 2017 at 10:16 am
Old Jan 4, 2017, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Honors Gold
Thank you LBJ!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.