Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Upgrade Success (Or Lack Thereof)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
DM and I am #16 for 4 seats on LAX-ATL. Anybody want to lay odds on a upgrade
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
DM mostly flying CLT--ATL--XXX (primarily east coast). Upgrade percentage is nearly 100% with the main exception being when I SDC for a different flight. Also almost always on LUT fares.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
FO STL-MSP-SMF yesterday

shockingly was closer to the upgrade on MSP-SMF (#5/8) than STL-MSP (low 20's of 30ish) where I didn't even get C+

buyup again offered at $189, considered it...
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: Delta SM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
The only real tough UG from MCO is ATL. But even ATL isn't impossible on light days. I've received a few Saturday and Wednesday UGs to ATL as an FO.
In my experience MCO-LAX is also a tough upgrade
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Scott H
In my experience MCO-LAX is also a tough upgrade
Agreed.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: AF LTP, LH Sen, M Amb
Had just had a few domestic legs in 2017. After reading the thread was expecting the worst .

So far so good, my rate is 100%.

HNL-SEA, Thursday 10 pm - cleared 3 days out
SEA-ANC, Friday 9 am - cleared 5 days out
ANC-SEA, Saturday 1 pm - cleared 6 days out
SEA-LAX, Saturday 6 pm - cleared 6 days out

I would have definitely missed upgrade on PHX-LAX (Saturday 7 pm, 3 days out there was just 1 seat available in F), but I didn't take the flight and canceled a ticket.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
My streak of 15 upgraded segments barring IRROPS or ATL came to a crashing thud over Memorial Day. Platinum, no reserve:

5/26: ORD-MSP - 15th for 4
5/26: MSP-LAX - 5th for 2
5/31: SAN-MSP - cleared weeks out with a RU as I needed to work, would have been iffy
5/31: MSP-ORD - 5th for 4
Old Jun 4, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: Delta SM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
My streak of 15 upgraded segments barring IRROPS or ATL came to a crashing thud over Memorial Day. Platinum, no reserve:

5/26: ORD-MSP - 15th for 4
5/26: MSP-LAX - 5th for 2
5/31: SAN-MSP - cleared weeks out with a RU as I needed to work, would have been iffy
5/31: MSP-ORD - 5th for 4
Reserve doesn't matter any longer right?
Old Jun 4, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by pharmawalk
GM +1 Companion: cleared for F upgrade SLC-CUN from exit row. Had declined C+ option.

Edit: BOOM!
We received F upgrade CUN-SLC on the way back as well. Had already been upgraded to C+.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:33 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Monday, 6/5 DL 2451 MEM-ATL PM on a H fare, 4 of 26 for 0 seats.

Incidentally, I boarded last, asked the GA if there were any no-shows in F (I could see on the screen that 3B had not boarded), she told me "no, everyone is on." I didn't make a big deal of it since it's a 40 minute flight and we were already about an hour late (incoming bird was delayed).

The GA was on board right behind me, I could hear her tell the FA that she didn't have anyone to put into 3B.

The GA later came back and upgraded the guy in front of me, who did not appear to be a non-rev. Nothing changed on the app, so she either didn't process it as a regular upgrade or the app stopped updating.

Monday, 6/5 DL 2502 ATL-RDU PM on H fare 9 of 42 for 0 seats. Incidentally, this was the same plane as my first leg. Boarded last, two no-shows, got the upgrade.

Last edited by pvn; Jun 5, 2017 at 8:54 pm
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
Thursday May 25th ATL-JFK 6 of 20ish - 7 Upgrades Cleared at Gate
Sunday May 28th JFK-ATL(5 hours late) 2 of 20ish - 12 Upgrades Cleared at Gate

Platinum Medallion

*edit*

745am May 30th(Tuesday) upgraded for my Sunday DTW-ATL flight at 730am. Outbound isn't upgraded yet.
4 in a row now as a PM. ATL-DTW outbound cleared at gate.

ATL-MCO-ATL coming up Thur and return Mon. Currently 6 seats and 13 seats. I have a +1(wife) and 2 infant in arms.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:56 pm
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by pvn
Monday, 6/5 DL 2502 ATL-RDU PM on H fare 9 of 41 for 0 seats. Incidentally, this was the same plane as my first leg. Boarded last, two no-shows, got the upgrade.
Additional datapoint that will be of interest to the shena conspiracy theorists...

GA gave me the upgrade, when I scanned my BP I got the little seat assignment slip so it was obviously processed by the book, but when I looked on the app, I did NOT show as upgraded.

When I look at the website in "My Trips" it shows my seat assignment as 4A but ALSO shows me as WU.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:09 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by pvn
Monday, 6/5 DL 2502 ATL-RDU PM on H fare 9 of 41 for 0 seats. Incidentally, this was the same plane as my first leg. Boarded last, two no-shows, got the upgrade.
#teamboardlast FTW!

Originally Posted by pvn
Additional datapoint that will be of interest to the shena conspiracy theorists...

GA gave me the upgrade, when I scanned my BP I got the little seat assignment slip so it was obviously processed by the book, but when I looked on the app, I did NOT show as upgraded.

When I look at the website in "My Trips" it shows my seat assignment as 4A but ALSO shows me as WU.
I had something similar once: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post27715185

although in your case you weren't "boarded" yet, so not quite the same I guess.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:12 pm
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by Zorak
I had something similar once: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post27715185

although in your case you weren't "boarded" yet, so not quite the same I guess.
No, I was boarded. My boarding pass had be scanned, I didn't check the app until I had made it to my seat.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:15 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by pvn
No, I was boarded. My boarding pass had be scanned, I didn't check the app until I had made it to my seat.
But did the GA process your upgrade before you scanned your BP originally?

In my case I asked about upgrades while in the process of scanning my non-upgraded BP so since the system already showed me as on board the aircraft the GA had to do some manual overriding to assign me the F seat.

In your case (I think) the GA processed your upgrade before you scanned your BP, but afterward the system still thought you were in WU?

Maybe @Widgets or someone can theorize as to how one or both of these might have occurred...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.