Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Shanghai Pudong (PVG) lounge questions...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shanghai Pudong (PVG) lounge questions...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
I flew out of PVG on 11-30. I was surprised to be sent to what looked like a brand new China Eastern lounge. It was at least two levels. I took photos on my iphone of just the upstairs which was almost empty. I counted at least 4 showers and 2-4 changing rooms. Quiet rooms and rows and rows of comfortable seats. The main downstairs area also has tables with chairs where one can sit with groups to eat and such.

The food I saw (no photo sorry) was pretty standard coffee, sodas, bread, and a few hot dishes.

This is a huge improvement over any other lounge in this terminal that I've seen.

Sorry I only took photos of the upstairs area.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to enjoy it for more than a few minutes as the passage from checkin to airside was slow and seriously backed up. (About 11 AM) The passport control line was long but moved fairly fast. But after passport control, the security line extended all the way back to the passport control booths. Signs were inadequate. And even with access to the VIP security there were no signs until indicating how to get there until one has waited for 20 minutes to advance from the back up line. Awful.
Attached Images     
Xeno likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Bear4Asian
I flew out of PVG on 11-30. I was surprised to be sent to what looked like a brand new China Eastern lounge. It was at least two levels. I took photos on my iphone of just the upstairs which was almost empty. I counted at least 4 showers and 2-4 changing rooms. Quiet rooms and rows and rows of comfortable seats. The main downstairs area also has tables with chairs where one can sit with groups to eat and such.

The food I saw (no photo sorry) was pretty standard coffee, sodas, bread, and a few hot dishes.

This is a huge improvement over any other lounge in this terminal that I've seen.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to enjoy it for more than a few minutes as the passage from checkin to airside was slow and seriously backed up. (About 11 AM) The passport control line was long but moved fairly fast. But after passport control, the security line extended all the way back to the passport control booths. Signs were inadequate. And even with access to the VIP security there were no signs until indicating how to get there until one has waited for 20 minutes to advance from the back up line. Awful.
This looks so much better than the basement lounges that we were directed to a couple months ago. Hopefully MU or their lounge contractor can keep the space maintained well.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by gooselee
This looks so much better than the basement lounges that we were directed to a couple months ago. Hopefully MU or their lounge contractor can keep the space maintained well.
Reminds me of the beauty of the MU lounge in T2. I didn't realize they still operated it and don't understand why they do, but at least T1 now has something close to what T2 has.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Reminds me of the beauty of the MU lounge in T2. I didn't realize they still operated it and don't understand why they do, but at least T1 now has something close to what T2 has.
Huh? Where in T2 is this beautiful MU lounge that you refer to?
Old Dec 3, 2016, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
Huh? Where in T2 is this beautiful MU lounge that you refer to?
Lounge 77. Used by Skyteam airlines in T2, BA, AA, numerous others. Its been there for a bit, but I didn't think it was still MU lounge. It's also a PriorityPass lounge.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
When I was there earlier in the week there were about four prepared hot dishes, fresh fruit, sandwiches, salad and a make-to-order stir fry and noodle bar.

Had the same experience, except I quickly realized there was a VIP line. For others' reference, when you are facing the security lines, the VIP line is the one nearest the wall on the right. There is no signage visible until after you get in the line.

The transfer line before the escalator up to security was also very backed up when I was there. It took almost an hour to get through. There was only one agent on duty for about the first twenty minutes, after which a second line opened. As I was going up the escalator to security a third line opened. And don't be fooled, at first you'll think there is no line. Once you go through the doors, though, there is a line. Same with the security lines. You think you're at the front of the line, turn a corner and you'll realize you are in the line to get in the line.

One more thing to note: if you are on a non-code share flight out of PVG, your SM# will not be on your boarding pass, nor will it note you are eligible to use the VIP security line or the lounge. There is someone checking eligibility at the VIP line and the bottom of the escalator to the lounge, so it's best to have your SM info ready to show.

I will be at this lounge this evening. If there is anything anyone wants me to check out, please either post here of PM me.

Last edited by CJKatl; Dec 3, 2016 at 4:32 pm
Old Dec 3, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I don't think China separates domestic and international departing passengers at PVG, but I could be wrong
You are wrong, of course there is exit immigration in PRC so the international passengers are in a completely different section of the airport.

I have used the domestic MU lounge in PVG and it is decent. I have not used the international departure lounges at PVG.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 4:52 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
You are wrong, of course there is exit immigration in PRC so the international passengers are in a completely different section of the airport.

I have used the domestic MU lounge in PVG and it is decent. I have not used the international departure lounges at PVG.
They are in the same section @ PVG after clearing exit immigration.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:29 am

PP 37

Originally Posted by luek096
Yes you have lounge access as STE+, DL used to use the airport lounge 37. MU just opened their new flagship lounge in T1 which is quite good. Not sure if DL has switched to it or not.
The PP lounge 37 is a joke. Avoid
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC

I was there in April -

I found this to be an EXCELLENT lounge and a level above any sky club lounge in the system.

Decent dim sum, ok wine and spirits (self serv - thank you!), massage chairs and it was not full at all. Spent about 45 min there and was super happy.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DCADeltaRoadWarrior
I was there in April -

I found this to be an EXCELLENT lounge and a level above any sky club lounge in the system.

Decent dim sum, ok wine and spirits (self serv - thank you!), massage chairs and it was not full at all. Spent about 45 min there and was super happy.
Also have secure lockers, using fingerprint. The directions can be a bit confusing for English speakers. Big enough to store all your carry ons.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 8:09 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
I was in this lounge a couple weeks ago. It was a busy time of day with lots of folks on the first floor of the lounge. But if you go upstairs, it is much quieter with many fewer people. It doesn't have the same food selection, but is quite comfortable.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by CJKatl
When I was there earlier in the week there were about four prepared hot dishes, fresh fruit, sandwiches, salad and a make-to-order stir fry and noodle bar.

Had the same experience, except I quickly realized there was a VIP line. For others' reference, when you are facing the security lines, the VIP line is the one nearest the wall on the right. There is no signage visible until after you get in the line.

I will be at this lounge this evening. If there is anything anyone wants me to check out, please either post here of PM me.
Today I changed a D1 ticket (mid-Sept) from HKG to PVG and I found this thread very helpful about the lounge DL uses now. This will be a considerable contrast to the lounge used two years ago.

Thanks for the tip about the VIP line, but how long does security take for a departure flight at 11:45 am on a Sunday?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Max waiting times for me in the past were like 20 minutes to clear emmigration and another 20-25 minutes for security.
This last Saturday i needed 3 minutes for emmigration and another 6 for security (timestamp around 19h30)
Xeno likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Anyone know what their domestic lounges are like at PVG? Similar amounts of food and drink?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.