Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Earning Skymiles when skipping flight leg

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2016, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond

So my experience when having skipped the last leg on other airlines that don't use a revenue-based miles system is that you simply get the miles for the legs that you fly, and I'm sure it's the same for Delta with regards to MQM. But how about for Skymiles, since these are tied to the ticket price? Will I get the full number of miles, or is there a dollar value assigned to each leg and so I'll get less miles?
Old Sep 14, 2016, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
the latter ... it's basically correlated to distance

my last example:
SEA-JFK $314 MQD, 1570 RDM, 2421 base MQM
JFK-DCA $27 MQD, 135 RDM, 500 base MQM

had I skipped the last flight none of its earnings would have posted

Last edited by jrl767; Sep 14, 2016 at 5:01 pm
Old Sep 14, 2016, 4:36 pm

If you skip the last leg, you'll be unloaded from the flight and you should expect 0 miles and $0 dollars for whatever the cost of that segment is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.