Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta jumps Europe business class LEVEL 1 awards to 70,000 OW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta jumps Europe business class LEVEL 1 awards to 70,000 OW

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
First of all, way back then, I never flew in J. I was always very frugal with my miles. After I was bitten by the "J" bug.... You know the expression..... Once you've tried Delta One, you'll never go back!

But, if I used miles for any more big trips, I wouldn't have been able to maintain PM, and ultimately DM status. Does that make any sense?

So, it's a constant struggle to try to maintain status, and also get the best value out of my miles, and fly where I want to go.
Yep, I know people who generally don't use their miles because they need to have enough paid trips to hit their status and continue their upgrades.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 7:46 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
One more thing.....

I really didn't mean to hijack this thread.....

On my semi-frequent trips to Berlin, I luv my stopovers in Paris and Amsterdam. Sometimes, even just 23 hours between flights. My August trip, I stopped in AMS overnight in 1 direction, and CDG on the way back. Luv both!

My buddy, a UA nut, tries to get me to convert. I tell him....

Where will my stopover points be? Boring FRA? MUC? Nah.

Every MR/mini-vacation I take I have done a <23hr stopover in AMS or CDG, too!!!!!

Switched to BA/AA for 2016 and have done about 5 stopovers in London this year.

It makes seeing the world even better!
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:41 am

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
Well, I am certainly happy that I booked my flights for Memorial Day 2017 already. It was sort of magical. I booked JFK-Europe on the first day it was available for sale at 62,500. I called a few days later when Europe-JFK was open to book and grabbed two more seats in J. The agent on the phone said, "That's an additional 30k per ticket... Well, that's certainly interesting..." So, I got roundtrip in J for 92,500! :-)
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:49 am

Programs: Delta - Silver
One more thing.....

Where will my stopover points be? Boring FRA? MUC? Nah.
Munich would make for a great stopover. Going to have to disagree with you on that one
Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:03 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by publicmsu
Munich would make for a great stopover. Going to have to disagree with you on that one
MUC is touristy, and VERY nice. I've been there twice. It just doesn't have the things I typically go to Europe for.

Paris and Amsterdam are incredibly easy to do 23 hour stopovers in, with TONS of things to do!
Old Sep 1, 2016, 10:05 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Where does KLM fly other then nonstop from on the West Coast? All flights are nonstop to AMS and most are 747 or 777.
I don't think KLM has any stopovers out of SFO, but SFO-AMS is easily within the range of a A330 and KLM has used the A330 plenty of times (on my more recent trips to SFO I've seen the 74 and 77 though).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BB_odYgmhbC/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDLhwl4kBqC/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BA5YKQHEBop/
Old Sep 1, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Interesting.

I still see LAX/SEA for 5,000 miles.
When many dates still show $58.10 OW fares, do you really want to redeem skypeso? Even Skypeso have its price.

When Delta 3.0 already makes it more difficult to earning skypeso, then to raising its award level, there's a good reason to be upset. Dynamic pricing or not, the demand doesn't suddenly increase just because the calendar year changes.

Jiburi
Old Sep 1, 2016, 10:55 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
I disagree with this.

Of course, everyone's needs are different - - but - -

A few years ago, before JetBlue pulled out of the PIT/JFK market, I used to be able to fly PIT/NYC for, often times, as little as $49 each way. Now, the CHEAPEST DL RT is $328, even with an advance purchase.

Before all of the changes, the minimum domestic award was 25K miles. Now, with a 21 day advance purchase, I can fly RT PIT/NYC for 15K miles! Not bad for a $328 ticket!

And . . . I have NEVER paid 40K for a domestic award ticket!
I agree that I have NEVER paid 40K for a domestic award ticket as well because there are cheaper options on other airlines.

I certainly understand and respect everyone has their own unique needs for their travel. Being in Socal, I have plenty of options. That said, the flights that I want to redeem Skymiles on has been consistently @ 40K. The frustrating thing is that AA/UA wind up having 25K available, so I inevitably wind up using my AA/UA miles instead.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Another reason I can rejoice for having more in the bank that anyone reasonably should!!
Old Sep 2, 2016, 7:12 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Bowgie
Until now, many $105 one-way fares SAN-SEA were bookable for 5,000 Skymile, or 2 cpm. Now they all have jumped to 7,000 miles.
Do you need to check bags?

I'm seeing SAN/SEA/SLC for 5.5K
Old Sep 2, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: Delta PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by iflyalexair
Well, I am certainly happy that I booked my flights for Memorial Day 2017 already. It was sort of magical. I booked JFK-Europe on the first day it was available for sale at 62,500. I called a few days later when Europe-JFK was open to book and grabbed two more seats in J. The agent on the phone said, "That's an additional 30k per ticket... Well, that's certainly interesting..." So, I got roundtrip in J for 92,500! :-)
What the! Well done! ^
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: DL DM, 3.3 MM Miler, Lifetime Hilton Diamond VIP, United, American, National ExecElite
Originally Posted by conde
The timing for the DL North America-Europe Skypesos award devaluation seems strange. Air fares are really low this year, with raging fare wars from North America-Europe. I have an upcoming trip next week from LAX-MUC for $1800 RT business class (AF to MUC, DL return). Slim chance I would spend 140000 skypesos to save $1800, or a low fare in the same price range.
Agreed, however, I received an email advertising 107,000 SM for J RT to FRA so jumped on it for my wife and I in March/April. A week later it was 140,000 SK, but in the past year I've often seen 160,000 RT for J from DTW for the NS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.