Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MQM credit for MU flights

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:27 pm

Seat Reservation missing leg

So I booked via orbitz jfk-pvg-mnl, sgn-pvg-jfk. When I go to seat reservation, I see the first three legs but nothing for the return pvg-jfk leg. Has anyone seen this before?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by shustedm
So I booked via orbitz jfk-pvg-mnl, sgn-pvg-jfk. When I go to seat reservation, I see the first three legs but nothing for the return pvg-jfk leg. Has anyone seen this before?
Yes. Email MU. The NY Office. They will fix it. The ticket is 'open' and not linked and thus just doesn't show up. It happens. We booked 6 tickets last year and 2 of the 6 had this issue.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL GM
As long as you put your SM number in your reservation, it should credit pretty quickly. My last MU segment was credited the very next day, but that might have been because it was booked through DL rather than MU, a week seems to be the norm.

As others have said, the various MU websites are a bit of a nightmare to navigate and edit a reservation. I've had a lot of success using the Hong Kong version of the website, but I'm not sure if it would even let you do that for flights not originating out of HK. The US/NA version works well also.

At worst, save your boarding pass and you can request credit from DL using the online form.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Does Orbitz show more then one ticket or confirmation number?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
Yes. Email MU. The NY Office. They will fix it. The ticket is 'open' and not linked and thus just doesn't show up. It happens. We booked 6 tickets last year and 2 of the 6 had this issue.
Thanks for the information. I will reach out to them
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Does Orbitz show more then one ticket or confirmation number?
No. Just one ticket and confirmation number
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire
I had this happen to me, last lag was not on the ticket # they provided. I spent a while on the phone with Expedia and eventually got both ticket numbers. However, it is just 1 number after the first ticket #. For example, first ticket ended in 292 and second ticket ended in 293, one right after the other. Give it a try on the MU website before having to spend time on the phone, might save you an hour of your life.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: Delta
Does anyone know what credit you get for economy tickets in V and T on MU?

The Delta page used to show and I can't see now the various credits for partner flights. https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html
Old Jun 6, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by dannycee

The Delta page used to show and I can't see now the various credits for partner flights. https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html
I think I found it here but not sure if this is how Delta flights affect MU or how MU flights accumulate miles and MQMs:
Delta Air Lines | China Eastern Airlines

And: https://www.wheretocredit.com/china-eastern-airlines/v 50% but 100% MQMs?

According to this, 50% for the outbound V and 30% for the T?

And 100% MQMs?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:43 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester

It's still on the DL page, but you have to click on the box where it says "MILEAGE EARN ON/AFTER JAN. 1, 2018" (which may not be obvious to someone who didn't already know it was clickable) -- this will pop up a chart.

I think I found it here but not sure if this is how Delta flights affect MU or how MU flights accumulate miles and MQMs:
Delta Air Lines | China Eastern Airlines

And: https://www.wheretocredit.com/china-eastern-airlines/v 50% but 100% MQMs?

According to this, 50% for the outbound V and 30% for the T?

And 100% MQMs?
I see 25% RDMs for T on both the DL chart and wheretocredit (you might have been reading the line above it for Czech?)
Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Since it's a partner flight, assuming you're flying an MU marketed flight, you'll earn RDM's and MQD's as a percentage of the distance flown. You'll also earn MQM's based on total distance, just like you would if you were flying DL. You'll earn 25% distance flown for T Class, and 50% distance flown for V Class; this is for RDM's. You'll earn 5%/10% for T/V class, respectively for MQD's.

As a side note, you don't care what MU says about earning more. You only care about what DL since you're trying to earn DL's points and not MU's point currency.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.