Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Will I have Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will I have Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse access?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:53 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
If you walk/train into LHR, you check in at the main desks VS/DL biz is right next to each other, you take the elevator right next to the check in up, there's a door where you scan your BP and it lets you into the private screening area. It's great since there's never anyone else there. There's a bit of a maze through duty free and head to the club (AS EARLY AS YOU CAN) which is just fantastic!! Great food, got a free facial, and awesome service. It's one of the few times I don't mind getting to the airport 4-6 hours early (LHR or LAX). Enjoy!
AStarr likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
So this might be a strange question but in reading the descriptions of the Clubhouse at LHR... there is a deli counter with cheese and charcuterie and such. I'm unfortunately only going to be there in the morning as my flight leaves at 9.30ish. Is this going to be open...? Is the cheese going to be there...? How extensive of a cheese selection are we talking?
Old Apr 27, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by AStarr
So this might be a strange question but in reading the descriptions of the Clubhouse at LHR... there is a deli counter with cheese and charcuterie and such. I'm unfortunately only going to be there in the morning as my flight leaves at 9.30ish. Is this going to be open...? Is the cheese going to be there...? How extensive of a cheese selection are we talking?
I haven’t been in the LHR Clubhouse in about a year and a half, but in my experiences there the cheese/charcuterie section has always been available at breakfast. That is a common European breakfast spread (although not typically British, you’ll find it in London hotels as well as in Germany, the Netherlands, the Scandinavian countries, etc.), so I would not expect that to change. I don’t remember the number of cheese options but there is definitely an assortment.
AStarr likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by CarmenOM

I haven’t been in the LHR Clubhouse in about a year and a half, but in my experiences there the cheese/charcuterie section has always been available at breakfast. That is a common European breakfast spread (although not typically British, you’ll find it in London hotels as well as in Germany, the Netherlands, the Scandinavian countries, etc.), so I would not expect that to change. I don’t remember the number of cheese options but there is definitely an assortment.
Fantasique. I live in Denmark right now and yeah, they do take their cheese seriously (the one perk about those SAS lounges, hah). The Air France lounges were just amazing on cheese selections. It's a running thing with a friend that the cheese selection in the US is always terrible. So... I was going to be sad if I missed an amazing cheese selection at what is going to be my first epic lounge experience.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:39 pm

So the Clubhouse opens at 630 am. I'd get there then since you'll have plenty to eat and do. They have an good made to order breakfast menu and the deli area is great and plentiful. VS does take their cheese seriously (the LAX ones were so awesome, and I'm picky about my cheeses since I usually buy them in Europe and bring them home). I'm not one to show up too early at the airports generally, but for a VS Clubhouse, I'm there with a few extra hours to enjoy it. My flight last week was an afternoon one so just missed the breakfast offerings but I suspect the deli was the same for morning and afternoon.
AStarr likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
So the Clubhouse opens at 630 am. I'd get there then since you'll have plenty to eat and do. They have an good made to order breakfast menu and the deli area is great and plentiful. VS does take their cheese seriously (the LAX ones were so awesome, and I'm picky about my cheeses since I usually buy them in Europe and bring them home). I'm not one to show up too early at the airports generally, but for a VS Clubhouse, I'm there with a few extra hours to enjoy it. My flight last week was an afternoon one so just missed the breakfast offerings but I suspect the deli was the same for morning and afternoon.
Awesome. This is exactly the info I was looking for. You get me. And the cheese. It looks like there's a lot to do there... so... that'll be great. I'm not a morning person by any means so this will be an experience.
NOLAnwGOLD likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 7:16 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I can't imagine getting to the airport 3 hours early just to eat cheese. Really?
Delta Dude likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pvn
I can't imagine getting to the airport 3 hours early just to eat cheese. Really?
Free cheese.

FWIW here’s the breakfast menu. I really don’t remember the cheese at the deli but they did have several types of smoked salmon.

Ugh, sorry it’s cut off. FT bug I’ve run into before.

Last edited by ijgordon; Apr 27, 2018 at 8:18 pm
Old Apr 27, 2018, 11:40 pm

https://www.virginatlantic.com/conte...nu_2017_Q2.pdf

So this is a little different from last week, but gives you a good idea what there is.

The deli is open with:
Breakfast
Available from 6.30am until 11.30pm
Visit our deli bar and choose from a selection of daily baked croissants, Danish pastries and local breads
We also offer a variety of the finest hams and cold cuts, English and continental cheeses, plus a healthy range of cereals, yoghurts and fresh fruits

However, I'd go with the served food. I ordered multiple items 2 tapas, a main salad, the burger and the cheese plate with fruit. Lots of champagne. Then a complementary facial. Don't head to the gate early, since there is absolutely nothing there to do. Very utilitarian with out any whistles.
AStarr likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by pvn
it's not about just the cheese. I've never been to this lounge and they have a lot to offer. Finding awesome cheese selections at airport lounges is a running joke between me and a friend. 3 hours early is for the other stuff.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 6:05 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Everything in this lounge can be found somewhere else. IDK, I mean I enjoy a lounge over the alternative out in the concourse wastelands, but I would never make a trip specifically to go to one.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pvn
Everything in this lounge can be found somewhere else. IDK, I mean I enjoy a lounge over the alternative out in the concourse wastelands, but I would never make a trip specifically to go to one.
Agree. Wouldn't do it even for CXs The Pier FC lounge in HK and I love that place. I remember first trip to VS Clubhouse. Had been led to think it was this palatial lounge with service at that level. While yes, much nicer than majority of lounges, it was nowhere IMO anywhere close to what it's made out to be.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 11:19 am

To each their own. I figure if l have to be awake that early anyways, might as well go explore. The whole thing fascinates me and this is probably the only chance I'll get to go there. So, I'll take it.
NOLAnwGOLD likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
VS lounge probably the best we’ve ever experienced with the exception of the SQ first class lounge in Singapore. We had almost 12 hours there on our flight JFK-LHR-DEL and had no problem filling the 12 hours. Don’t forget to get your free massage and, if you are that sort of traveler, Sample some of the incredible cocktails.The staff at the VS club were uniformly amazing. Multiple different settings, comfortable lounge areas-simply a superb experience
AStarr likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 11:07 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat
Despite the posts above, I still can't figure out if I will be allowed into the JFK Virgin Clubhouse. Here's my details:

Diamond Medallion,
booked in Delta One (all Delta metal),
traveling JFK -> DTW -> LHR

Is anybody certain about this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.