FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Will I have Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse access? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1786269-will-i-have-virgin-atlantic-clubhouse-access.html)

Layell Aug 22, 2016 2:02 pm

Will I have Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse access?

Flying from ATH-JFK in Delta One, connecting to FLL in First this October. Just now learning about Virgin's Clubhouse at JFK. Would I have access to that? Or only access to Skyclub?

CarmenOM Aug 22, 2016 2:17 pm

You will have access only to the SkyClubs at JFK. Access to the VS Clubhouse is only for PM, DM, D1, or UC pax on flights between the US and Great Britain. So your flight from ATH does not qualify.

Edited to add: Also GM on the US side.

Layell Aug 22, 2016 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by CarmenOM (Post 27103402)
You will have access only to the SkyClubs at JFK. Access to the VS Clubhouse is only for PM, DM, D1, or UC pax on flights between the US and Great Britain. So your flight from ATH does not qualify.

Edited to add: Also GM on the US side.

Thanks so much for your help :)

pitpit Aug 23, 2016 7:38 am

Guess I can piggyback this and ask a similar question... I'm flying a KLM ticketed flight SKG-AMS-LHR-BOS in January, as a DM would I have access to the VA Clubhouse in LHR?

Not sure if it matters but LHR to BOS is DL operated while the rest are KL operated.

cestmoi123 Aug 23, 2016 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by pitpit (Post 27106840)
Guess I can piggyback this and ask a similar question... I'm flying a KLM ticketed flight SKG-AMS-LHR-BOS in January, as a DM would I have access to the VA Clubhouse in LHR?

Not sure if it matters but LHR to BOS is DL operated while the rest are KL operated.

You should have access, since you're on a DL-operated flight between the UK and LHR, and you're a DM.

Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse lounge access is available at select locations to Delta One™ and Upper Class passengers and Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion members with a same-day nonstop transatlantic flight between North America and the U.K. that is operated by Delta or Virgin Atlantic.
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...ntic-faqs.html

hypertext Feb 28, 2018 2:27 am

The current wording of Delta's Virgin Atlantic partnership FAQ says:

Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse lounge access is available at select locations to Delta One® passengers, Upper Class passengers, and Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members with a same-day nonstop transatlantic flight between North America and the U.K. that is operated by Delta or Virgin Atlantic.
Just to clarify, since the commas make it a bit ambiguous... Delta One passengers (even with status) flying transcontinental (JFK-LAX) cannot use the JFK Clubhouse, correct? Only transatlantic D1 itineraries qualify, and only immediately prior to departure of the transatlantic flight?

xliioper Feb 28, 2018 3:42 am

Originally Posted by hypertext (Post 29468008)
The current wording of Delta's Virgin Atlantic partnership FAQ says:

Just to clarify, since the commas make it a bit ambiguous... Delta One passengers (even with status) flying transcontinental (JFK-LAX) cannot use the JFK Clubhouse, correct? Only transatlantic D1 itineraries qualify, and only immediately prior to departure of the transatlantic flight?

The NA - UK non-stop flight requirement for access to the VS Clubhouse applies to all of the above categories (D1, Upper Class, and Gold+ passengers). You are not entitled to access with just a domestic D1 flight, or any other D1 itins that do not include a NA - UK non-stop. Also, a Gold+ in not entitled to access on any international itin as VS is not a Skyteam member.

AStarr Apr 26, 2018 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ (Post 29468129)
The NA - UK non-stop flight requirement for access to the VS Clubhouse applies to all of the above categories (D1, Upper Class, and Gold+ passengers). You are not entitled to access with just a domestic D1 flight, or any other D1 itins that do not include a NA - UK non-stop. Also, a Gold+ in not entitled to access on any international itin as VS is not a Skyteam member.

I can't tell if I'm reading this correctly (I think I am). I have a LHR-ATL-FLL route in Delta One. Because of that alone I should be able to use the Virgin Clubhouse in Heathrow before the outbound flight even without status with Delta?

flyerCO Apr 26, 2018 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by AStarr (Post 29687363)
I can't tell if I'm reading this correctly (I think I am). I have a LHR-ATL-FLL route in Delta One. Because of that alone I should be able to use the Virgin Clubhouse in Heathrow before the outbound flight even without status with Delta?

Correct. Plus Skyclubs in ATL and FLL.

AStarr Apr 26, 2018 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 29687381)
Correct. Plus Skyclubs in ATL and FLL.

I may be a bit too overjoyed by that especially if the Clubhouse is everything it's supposed to be... the best lounge experience I've had so far was the Icelandair lounge in KEF before it was renovated. My lounge standards are low. So. My hopes are high.

ijgordon Apr 26, 2018 6:45 pm

They should be - it's probably one of the best business class lounges in the world, if not the best.
If you take a car to LHR, make sure to use the Upper Class Wing, you contact them with the car info in advance and they drive you into a private area. It's fantastic.

flying_donkeys12 Apr 26, 2018 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon (Post 29687973)
They should be - it's probably one of the best business class lounges in the world, if not the best.
If you take a car to LHR, make sure to use the Upper Class Wing, you contact them with the car info in advance and they drive you into a private area. It's fantastic.

So is this 100% confirmed that flying delta one out of Lhr and not virgin upper class allows one the access to this dropoff point? I could find nothing in writing mentioning delta one passengers being able to do this, just virgin upper class.

flyerCO Apr 26, 2018 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by flying_donkeys12 (Post 29688077)

So is this 100% confirmed that flying delta one out of Lhr and not virgin upper class allows one the access to this dropoff point? I could find nothing in writing mentioning delta one passengers being able to do this, just virgin upper class.

Yes. The private drop off is the same location you checkin inside the terminal. You just get dropped off at the door outside instead of walking through door inside.

AStarr Apr 26, 2018 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon (Post 29687973)

Now I'm just sad I have a morning departure time... by necessity, too. I'll put a reminder in about the Upper Class Wing. Don't think I've ever gone by car to Heathrow ... usually I'm off the Express and up to Terminal 2 and that's it. I don't think I've actually been to any of the other terminals ever. I'm probably staying at the Hilton T4 the night before and usually just walk over. Might have to indulge the car thing for once. For the experience.

ijgordon Apr 26, 2018 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by flying_donkeys12 (Post 29688077)

Yes, you google "Virgin upper class wing" and this is the seond link:
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...lass-wing.html

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 29688112)
Yes. The private drop off is the same location you checkin inside the terminal. You just get dropped off at the door outside instead of walking through door inside.

Yes, but there's something nice about having your car pull up in a private walled-off area, with practically no-one around, having an agent come out to greet you, take your checked bag out of the boot/trunk and you never have to deal with it until you arrive in the U.S. Of course the private security channel is great too, but I'd say the drop-off is probably 40% of the experience... (Of course sitting in traffic on the M4 could clearly detract from that, I only do this when I know traffic shouldn't be too bad. Otherwise, HEX/Tube.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...45eef3017d.jpg