Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Will I have Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will I have Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse access?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by divrdrew
One thing surprised me in the clubhouse in LHR...was told that the head/neck massage was no longer on the list of complimentary services. I thought that was still an option. I did not let them know I was flying DL and not VS. Did they do away with that as a free service in JFK and LHR?

Can't speak to JFK, but in LHR yes, they've done away with the free massages. There's also no longer a spa in the arrivals lounge (which is unfortunate as I typically most want a massage after an overnight flight). In the Clubhouse, you can still get the hand massage/treatment or the facial for free.

I've gotten the facial my last couple of times in the Clubhouse (this past weekend; and ~2 months ago) and one annoying thing is that it now feels like a drawn-out ad rather than something relaxing/enjoyable (aggressively pushing the products they're using, which you can conveniently buy in the Clubhouse spa afterward). Haven't gotten the hand treatment, but I assume they'd probably try to push something for that as well.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:32 am

Grateful if anyone has any insight on this scenario:

I'm travelling to the US on a VS operated flight to JFK (upper), then a VS marketed, DL operated internal flight from JFK (first).

I'm a Gold Flying Club member, traveling with my partner who is not. I'd like to be able to use the Clubhouse while we're waiting for the internal Delta flight. I know that I could get access to the Sky Club, but my partner couldn't. Given the Delta flight was VS marketed, can I use my Flying Club status to get me and a guest into the Clubhouse ahead of the internal flight?
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: VS Gold
I've heard this is possible - but you should bear in mind the opening hours of the JFK clubhouse (it is closed from 8am - 2:30pm).
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Red_Panda
Grateful if anyone has any insight on this scenario:

I'm travelling to the US on a VS operated flight to JFK (upper), then a VS marketed, DL operated internal flight from JFK (first).

I'm a Gold Flying Club member, traveling with my partner who is not. I'd like to be able to use the Clubhouse while we're waiting for the internal Delta flight. I know that I could get access to the Sky Club, but my partner couldn't. Given the Delta flight was VS marketed, can I use my Flying Club status to get me and a guest into the Clubhouse ahead of the internal flight?
I would expect you get access due to the VS Upper Class flight to JFK. The VS marketed DL flight is marketed as First Class, not Upper Class and likely does not entitle you to entrance on it's own.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 1:03 pm

If he accesses the clubhouse via the J ticket he gets no guest.

If flying club gold's rules are similar to GM, then he can get in with a guest.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL DM
DL GM traveling in VS Y to LHR from JFK. Was thinking per the Delta website I should have access to the VS Clubhouse at JFK. However, I noted this really strange footnote on the Virgin page for the lounge which says that access for DL DM & PM is when traveling on VS or DL to the UK but access for DL GM is only for when traveling on DL to the UK. (See https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/g...clubhouse.html) Seems so odd. I wonder if it is a typo and means only when flying on VS? Have any GM's had an issue getting into the JFK clubhouse flying on VS?
Old Jan 21, 2020, 5:06 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Friend flying VS but on a different flight

Hello

My friend and I are traveling on VS. I am a PM on Delta so I was going to bring her as my guest into Clubhouse. But she is traveling to NYC not to SEA with me. Will she still get access as my guest?

Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2020, 1:13 am
Suspended

Does the marketing carrier matter for Clubhouse access?

For some reason, as part of a return ticket, if I book the VS-operated flights LHR-EWR and EWR-LHR on AF codes as opposed to DL or VS codes, the price is MUCH lower.

Do I still get Clubhouse access as a PM when booking AF codes (economy)?
Old Jan 27, 2020, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Comatose.Captain
Does the marketing carrier matter for Clubhouse access?

For some reason, as part of a return ticket, if I book the VS-operated flights LHR-EWR and EWR-LHR on AF codes as opposed to DL or VS codes, the price is MUCH lower.

Do I still get Clubhouse access as a PM when booking AF codes (economy)?
Still get in. However you wont earn any DL miles/MQM/or MQD.
Comatose.Captain likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 1:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Still get in.
Thanks!
However you wont earn any DL miles/MQM/or MQD.
This puzzles me. Why wouldn't I earn MQM? It may be on AF code, but it's VS operated. Hence it should yield 100% MQM even in lowest economy. My understanding is Skyteam (in difference to OW) credits miles based on operating carrier.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 2:04 am

My understanding is Skyteam (in difference to OW) credits miles based on operating carrier.
Virgin is not in skyteam, so Delta doesn't need to follow the skyteam rules and is free to set their own. In this case Delta have decided (either on purpose or an oversight) that Virgin operated flights booked on the Air France or KLM codeshare do not earn any miles.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This puzzles me. Why wouldn't I earn MQM? It may be on AF code, but it's VS operated. Hence it should yield 100% MQM even in lowest economy. My understanding is Skyteam (in difference to OW) credits miles based on operating carrier.
No, Delta SkyMiles credits miles based on the marketing carrier, which is similar to AA. I can't speak for other foreign SkyTeam or OneWorld partners.

So for this flight, it would earn according to the AF chart
https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...rline-partners
But unfortunately there is a note that states "Unless otherwise noted, mileage credit is only applicable to SkyTeam-marketed flights operated by a SkyTeam member airline. Mileage credit is not applicable to a SkyTeam-marketed flight operated by another airline."
Since VS is not a SkyTeam airline, and there is no exception noted, it won't earn SkyMiles. Of course you could earn AF FlyingBlue miles, and probably Virgin miles too, but not Delta. I think there should be an exception for non-SkyTeam operated flights that are otherwise partners, but I don't set the rules. It's also possible that the economics or agreements don't allow AF/VS to buy the DL miles to award the traveler.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 8420PR
Virgin is not in skyteam, so Delta doesn't need to follow the skyteam rules and is free to set their own. In this case Delta have decided (either on purpose or an oversight) that Virgin operated flights booked on the Air France or KLM codeshare do not earn any miles.
It's on purpose. The general rule is when the partner is not in the alliance, that to earn in that program it must either
  1. be booked using the partners code (and be operated by that partner) ie VS026
  2. or be booked using the airlines who program you are crediting code and operated by that partner. Ie DL4xxx operated by VS will credit to DL. DL4xxx operated by VS will not credit to any other program except VS.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Does a Virgin Flying Club Reward flight in Delta One from JFK to CDG qualify for access?
Old Apr 9, 2020, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by theboss7593
Does a Virgin Flying Club Reward flight in Delta One from JFK to CDG qualify for access?
No. You're not flying between US/UK.

It should be noted LHR, at least temporarily will shut T3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.