Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What ARE DM Medallion Luggage Tags REALLY WORTH????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What ARE DM Medallion Luggage Tags REALLY WORTH????

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2016, 1:49 am

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Originally Posted by nikitta28
They are worth a lot more when you wear them around your neck and go bar hopping.
I would give this 2nd to Rick Ross wearing Rick Ross.

Originally Posted by davetravels
Maybe at an airport bar.
Probably works only at ATL bars.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by jimrpa
WHAT?!?! If THIS doesn't incentivize Delta to go back to printing SkyMiles numbers on them so they're actually useful to us (and worthless on eBay) ... Sigh
Nah... Sooner or later they will come to view luggage tags as a worthless incidental cost to the airline, given to individuals who can be easily replaced through deceptive marketing. Then they will stop providing them in any form.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I wonder if the 1MM DM tags go for more?
Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:47 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets
I would give this 2nd to Rick Ross wearing Rick Ross.

Probably works only at ATL bars.
In ATL I paste the yellow and black sky prioty luggage tag to my forehead, Pocahontas style, for added effect.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Widgets
Your physical or electronic SkyMiles member card can be used to board flights and check-in at the ticket counter. I'd consider making the barcode my lock screen if I were a DM. Just light up your phone and place it on the scanner
Does this still work, and at all gates?

A few years ago I did this all the time. But it only worked at gates with the white scorpion-style scanners. It never worked at the gates with the scanners that were just flat glass with lasers pointing up towards the ceiling and a black border.

And I stopped doing it when at LAX (where they had the scorpion-style scanners) after a GA had a very puzzled look on her face and I promised it would work. And then it locked up her computer completely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.