Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All suite business class in 2017

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Wow, AusBT with the scoop and new photos!

Did they just take the wind out of QR's sails? Can't imagine the QR Super J seats being that much better.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/delta-air-li...n=home-flipper
While these look nice, they do look very utilitarian. There are no embellishments or flourishes that say "luxury". For example, one of my cars is a Ford Focus Titanium. A very nice, well-equipped car, that is functional and comfortable. Nobody would ever confuse it for luxurious though. The interior reminds me of a nice VW Tiguan versus a Porsche Cayenne to put it into DL terms. Same car, one just has more wood trim and nicer leather trim and lighting details.

Perhaps Delta could give the cabin designers a "surprise and delight Porsche ride"
Old Aug 17, 2016, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ConcordeBoy
Other way around: eight 77Es and ten 77Ls

The ones scheduled to arrive in a little over 3yrs.
Your 777 - 77L correction is duly acknowledged.

Delta has prominently disclosed 739 substitution rights for those 18 787s on order. We'll see if any 787s start flying with Delta in 2020.

Global macro factors are going to be as important as 359/339 performance, pilot contracts, and international JV flying.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 7:36 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by jimrpa
While these look nice, they do look very utilitarian. There are no embellishments or flourishes that say "luxury". For example, one of my cars is a Ford Focus Titanium. A very nice, well-equipped car, that is functional and comfortable. Nobody would ever confuse it for luxurious though. The interior reminds me of a nice VW Tiguan versus a Porsche Cayenne to put it into DL terms. Same car, one just has more wood trim and nicer leather trim and lighting details.

Perhaps Delta could give the cabin designers a "surprise and delight Porsche ride"
It's business class, not international F, and it's a freaking mock-up animation. I mean, I know there are a lot of delicate snowflakes in this forum but a lot of people are really frowny today because there isn't enough burled walnut, the struggle is real, folks.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
I keep praying that they'll convert the A350 orders to 787s hope springs eternal
Ha, that would be a feat.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by akcae
Ha, that would be a feat.
Why? The A350 is the better aircraft by many measures. It has a longer range, and is wider. The 787 is terrible in 9 across economy, and the lack of window shades is rather ridiculous.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I wonder how much floor space the new seats occupy vice the current D1 seats on the 777, 330, and even the 763.

David
Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by WWads
Why? The A350 is the better aircraft by many measures. It has a longer range, and is wider. The 787 is terrible in 9 across economy, and the lack of window shades is rather ridiculous.
The Gen2 darkening windows which are shipping on current 787s are substantially darker than the initial version, which was definitely a joke and did not block nearly enough light for sleeping. According to the supplier, the Gen2 are 10x darker than the first version.

Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by pvn
It's business class, not international F, and it's a freaking mock-up animation. I mean, I know there are a lot of delicate snowflakes in this forum but a lot of people are really frowny today because there isn't enough burled walnut, the struggle is real, folks.
Right, I forgot, commercial rendering software hasn't advanced since the 1980s

(see almost ANY movie made in the 21st century)
Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by DiverDave
I wonder how much floor space the new seats occupy vice the current D1 seats on the 777, 330, and even the 763.

David
Likely, approximately the same footprint. Remember, it's a 1-2-1 configuration. It looks similar to the 763 seat with a footwell, as opposed to the 777 or A330 seats with ottomans. That implies that perhaps the width is slightly wider than the 763 seats, but the length is just a bit more (I think they said a 78" bed?)

To me, the door seems a bit of a "me too" gimmick. If they were offering "cabins", that would be a different story, but I'm not sure the value of what appears to be a 4-foot high door that will have to remain open during meal services, takeoff and landing (i.e. about 40% of the flight).
Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: UA Gold

Not sure where the Utilitarian idea is coming from, this image makes it look much less utilitarian than anything DL currently offer:

Its certainly not as glitzy as an Emirates First Class suite, but frankly why would you want it to look like that?
Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by hard8
So... with the new and refurbished 777s and new D1 Suites, will there be 3-4-3 in the Main Cabin?
Why? That would be silly.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Agremeister
Not sure where the Utilitarian idea is coming from, this image makes it look much less utilitarian than anything DL currently offer:

Its certainly not as glitzy as an Emirates First Class suite, but frankly why would you want it to look like that?
I WOULDN'T want it to look ANYTHING like an Emirates suite - YUCK - that screams nouveau riche! However, there is a concept of tasteful, refined understood elegance. I'd point to automotive interiors as an example. Audi? Note that the current trend in modern luxury autos is actually away from covering every hard surface in wood, and towards using a mix of materials, such as nickel, carbon fiber, and so on. I'm not saying delta needs to use satin nickel and carbon fiber obviously, but something other than just an endless sea of beige hard plastic would be nice. And I'm not even a design-type guy.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 10:11 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Can DL convert orders committed to Airbus to orders going to its competitor Boeing??

Pretty sure Airbus wouldn't say, oh sure, just buy from our competition instead.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 10:11 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card

It doesn't have anything to do with the software, it's just pointing out that the final finishes are probably not decided yet. Cosmetics can be changed much later in the process than things like the floorplan.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: DL DM
The 787 is terrible in 9 across economy.
THIS!

Hop on an AA between ORD and DFW or LAX...just try it in Y. HORRIBLE. Literally the worst coach seating I have ever experienced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.