Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Outage compensation

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2016, 8:32 pm

20K medallion bonus, but no $200 comp yet for cancelled flight on Tuesday. No email from Delta - sent my own request for comp to the wecare URL. DL issued me an ecredit for my cancelled flight, but subtracted $200 for no show on a rebooking. DL CSR told me that I would have a full refund to my CC, so will need to call again.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 9:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by KingBraden
I received a response to my issues - an apology email that was clearly copy and pasted talking about how great the 20k miles and $200 was. It addressed none of my concerns. I will call on Monday to followup.
Yah. Will see what comes and reply from there.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by KingBraden
I received a response to my issues - an apology email that was clearly copy and pasted talking about how great the 20k miles and $200 was. It addressed none of my concerns. I will call on Monday to followup.
What do you want by way of compensation beyond the 20k/$200. Not judging! Just curious.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, DL DM
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
What do you want by way of compensation beyond the 20k/$200. Not judging! Just curious.
At a minimum I want a flight credit for the airfare, a credit for the hotel I could not use (and could not cancel because they did not cancel my flight until 3am after telling me from 10pm until 3 am it was not cancelled). I had changed this flight the week before just to make an 8am meeting. I do not expect them to pay me the actual impact of missing the meeting but I would like something to acknowledge to the value of the weeks I spent preparing for it and the people who were supposed to be there. I gave them a dollar amount, though I would also accept them giving me a flight credit equal to all the change fees I have paid in the last two years (which is probably close to $3000).

I picked Delta for reliability, I live in a non-hub city and do not price shop (unless it is unreasonable). At this point I am better switching to American that operates a hub where I am. American may be slightly worse on on-time rates but I plan my travel to deal with that possibility. If Delta wants me to stay they need to let me know I am a valued customer and they will do what it takes to make this right.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: Free Agent
This is what i just sent Delta. Clearly reaching but you know what they say--you never get what you dont ask for.:

My flight was cancelled the morning of August 8th 2016
I was rebooked on a flight 13 hours later on DL2503.
The flight was scheduled to leave at 6:50AM and i was moved to 8:05PM.
This resulted in loosing the entire day on Monday. I had meetings planned. This was almost a trip in vein.
I ended up taking (2) uber rides totaling $67.22 that were unnecessary.

Then: My new flight on DL2503 was delayed 3.5 hours. Scheduled for 8:05pm, actual departure was 11:45pm.
I did not arrive into orlando until 3:26AM. I did not arrive at my hotel until after 4:00AM. My hotel was $76.84.

In total i was delayed about 20 hours.
As you can imagine my week was exhausting having arrived in at 4:00AM to start a long week of work.

I have been a longtime skymiles member and was gold from about 2011-2015.
In fact i have paid business class to germany in a few weeks that i am very excited about to help get that status back.

I realize this was a widespread issue with many thousands affected.
However given my loyalty and the exceptional delays i believe warrant additional compensation.

I am requesting the following:
(2) x $200 certificates for the delays incurred.
Roughly $250 in certificates for MSP-MCO that was horribly delayed (that portion of the ticket cost)
Roughly $150 in certificates for reimbursement of unnecessary ride and hotel costs.
100,000 skymiles as a good will gesture.

If you would like to reach out and discuss my experience please call xxxxxxx or email at xxxxxxx
Furthermore if you would like receipts documenting expenses let me know and i can upload as needed.

Thank you in advance,
MSPSKI
Old Aug 14, 2016, 5:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MSPSKI
This is what i just sent Delta. Clearly reaching but you know what they say--you never get what you dont ask for.:

My flight was cancelled the morning of August 8th 2016
I was rebooked on a flight 13 hours later on DL2503.
The flight was scheduled to leave at 6:50AM and i was moved to 8:05PM.
This resulted in loosing the entire day on Monday. I had meetings planned. This was almost a trip in vein.
I ended up taking (2) uber rides totaling $67.22 that were unnecessary.

Then: My new flight on DL2503 was delayed 3.5 hours. Scheduled for 8:05pm, actual departure was 11:45pm.
I did not arrive into orlando until 3:26AM. I did not arrive at my hotel until after 4:00AM. My hotel was $76.84.

In total i was delayed about 20 hours.
As you can imagine my week was exhausting having arrived in at 4:00AM to start a long week of work.

I have been a longtime skymiles member and was gold from about 2011-2015.
In fact i have paid business class to germany in a few weeks that i am very excited about to help get that status back.

I realize this was a widespread issue with many thousands affected.
However given my loyalty and the exceptional delays i believe warrant additional compensation.

I am requesting the following:
(2) x $200 certificates for the delays incurred.
Roughly $250 in certificates for MSP-MCO that was horribly delayed (that portion of the ticket cost)
Roughly $150 in certificates for reimbursement of unnecessary ride and hotel costs.
100,000 skymiles as a good will gesture.

If you would like to reach out and discuss my experience please call xxxxxxx or email at xxxxxxx
Furthermore if you would like receipts documenting expenses let me know and i can upload as needed.

Thank you in advance,
MSPSKI
Thanks for posting specifics! We had a 27 hour delay at connection in ATL. I asked for $200 voucher pp, 30k points pp (cost of our OW award ticket from London) and hotel reimbursement. So far I received the email re $200 voucher but did not receive the 20k. I also have had no other communication from Delta.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Aug 14, 2016 at 6:11 pm
Old Aug 15, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, Delta-Diamond
Compensation

Does anyone know if the compensation would be provided for each passenger or just for each reservation?

I was traveling with my wife on award tix and I received the $200. I did not enter my wife's skymiles # since it was on award tix and we wouldn't get any miles anyway.

Did anyone receive comp for each pass?
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: Delta DM, MM
I have still not received anything. I filled out the form, responded to their survey on the delay and spoke to them. On Monday I was delayed 4 hours, eventually cancelled flights, couldn't get flight out until Wednesday. The only thing I have received is an email apology.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
Originally Posted by MSPSKI

MSPSKI
Your letter is too long and won't be read.... TL;DR

Your request for 100k skymiles is counterproductive and ridonkulous.

You might get $200 + 7500 skymiles as well as a note conveying they could only imagine your shock and disappointment.

They don't care about your previous elite status.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 1:02 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
delta's bad service is worse than SPIRIT!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton
Your letter is too long and won't be read.... TL;DR

Your request for 100k skymiles is counterproductive and ridonkulous.

You might get $200 + 7500 skymiles as well as a note conveying they could only imagine your shock and disappointment.

They don't care about your previous elite status.
Im not in this game for the initial response; of course it wont be read. Its about establishing a narrative and then escalating to somebody who is empowered to respond to outlined request. Then the negotiation begins. That is how you write a complaint that will get you somewhere.

I posted mine as a example for others that may fine it helpful. You opinions are not to be taken as fact.
I however will for the good of the community update with facts good/bad or otherwise on results as they play out.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton
delta's bad service is worse than SPIRIT!
Thanks for the key insight!!
Add it the the dictionary. Its a fact!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by banness
I have still not received anything. I filled out the form, responded to their survey on the delay and spoke to them. On Monday I was delayed 4 hours, eventually cancelled flights, couldn't get flight out until Wednesday. The only thing I have received is an email apology.
Exact same. Delay, delay, then cancel. Then rebook, then delay, delay, etc.

Only got "We're sorry" email. No voucher, no miles, nada.

Weird.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by TommyD2
Exact same. Delay, delay, then cancel. Then rebook, then delay, delay, etc.

Only got "We're sorry" email. No voucher, no miles, nada.

Weird.
same. so far no certs, no emails other than the "we're sorry" email. And I was affected on both days with two different confirmation numbers (the 8th and 9th -- flight in was on 8th , return was on 9th).

I expected a little better from Delta, but I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt for a little longer.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
End of day today, Monday the 15th, will be 7 days since I sent first customer service request via website. Surprised no reply at all. Wednesday will be 7 days for the second one.

Missing MQMs from being forced to change routes. Delays. Etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.