Outage compensation

Old Aug 11, 16, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL,SPG
Outage compensation

Figured I'd start this thread.... In the wake of the "outage" this week... Have any affected fliers received any compensation from DL above and beyond their $200 voucher?

I started this thread in June because of how amazing well DL handled IRROPS with pizza and drinks and accommodating lots of stranded passengers... This week.... not so good.

I was stuck in-transit at LAX for 40 hours (me, along with 5,000 other people -- no really - 5,000 people), no vouchers, no snack cart, no drinks... (oh and all the stores shut down just after 1:00am and didn't re-open until 5:00am)...

BTW: Did I mention no hotel rooms and the skyclub was completely empty of food/drink

I was re-routed all over the country and self-funded my transport and hotel in NYC... I finally made it home after almost 60 hours of interrupted travel...

Wondering if its worth pursuing with DL corp?
Old Aug 11, 16, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
I had 20000 Skymiles deposited in my account today.
Old Aug 11, 16, 5:30 pm

Programs: Diamond medallion, HHonors Diamond,
Originally Posted by drminn View Post
I had 20000 Skymiles deposited in my account today.
I flew with no delay on Tuesday, but my original flight was canceled today because of the route thinning.... 20,000 miles showed up in my account as medallion appreciation miles...?
Old Aug 11, 16, 5:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If you use the search function, you will see that there are several lengthy threads with great information on exactly this issue. What is the point of starting yet another one?

Hopefully the Mods will merge this and avoid cluttering the site with duplicative information which is already out there.
Old Aug 11, 16, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by The Matador View Post
I flew with no delay on Tuesday, but my original flight was canceled today because of the route thinning.... 20,000 miles showed up in my account as medallion appreciation miles...?
Same: I got 20K deposited in my account as "Medallion Appreciation Miles." Presumably this is equivalent to a $200 voucher? I flew this Monday, and it was chaotic, to say the least...
Old Aug 11, 16, 8:10 pm
Formerly known as scootr29

I had a flight cancelled on Monday...got my 20k plus MQMs MQS
Old Aug 11, 16, 8:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
Ha! I just suggested a thread like this on the computers down thread. I like the idea of a thread specifically documenting compensation. Here's my info. I'd like a 20-30k point credit and would appreciate hotel compensation.

Delay: 27 hours in ATL
Ticket: OW award 30k
Route: LHR-ATL-MEM
Compensation offered: $200 voucher via email
Expenses: meals and hotel (self paid)
Old Aug 11, 16, 8:13 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Medallion Appreciation Miles?

I'm a GM on DL and my travel from EYW to ATL was disrupted Monday due to the DL computer problems. I wound up having to book on AA and go EYW-->FLL-->CLT-->ATL, since I absolutely had to get back to ATL and could not wait until Wednesday night, which was the only option presented to me.

FML.

I have separately complained to Delta asking for the price of the AA ticket and a refund of the SkyMiles used to purchase the EYW-->ATL ticket.

Before that complaint was filed this afternoon, I noticed in my SkyMiles account this morning a credit of 20,000 "Medallion Appreciation Miles."

I've never heard of those before. I wonder if they just doled them out to all of the Medallions affected by DL's travel chaos.

Anyone else ever heard of, or received recently, Medallion Appreciation Miles?
Old Aug 11, 16, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Yeah, I got that gift of 20K miles today as well, after being detained in Denver longer than I had planned on Monday.
Old Aug 11, 16, 8:41 pm

I think it'd be helpful info if people posted what they think they should reasonably get (not being crazy like $1000s from an important missed meeting, but reimbursement for hotels, food, big goodwill gestures etc.), and then go back and edit what was eventually offered.
Old Aug 11, 16, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, DL 1.3 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Total Rewards Diamond
Originally Posted by Widgets View Post
I think it'd be helpful info if people posted what they think they should reasonably get (not being crazy like $1000s from an important missed meeting, but reimbursement for hotels, food, big goodwill gestures etc.), and then go back and edit what was eventually offered.
What I got was a hotel and $15 food voucher that I could use at the hotel, rebooked to a flight the next afternoon (Tuesday) and two emails saying I'll get $200. The later flight on Tuesday did make for a 24 hour trip but I was worried things would still be problematic Tuesday morning.

If I do get $400 in Delta bucks that the emails indicate I would be happy with that as it is what I get when I take a VDB and stay overnight someplace.
Old Aug 11, 16, 9:19 pm

Programs: 3MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
I just got an e-mail with a bonus 20,000 miles as compensation in addition to the $200 voucher.
Old Aug 11, 16, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I got the 20K miles which was irritating until...

I received a response the rather "terse" email I sent to DL regarding the while IT outage and my experience at AMS that was horrid and included a 6+ hour delay and eventual cancellation of my flight. Pursuant with EU regulations, DL is issuing required compensation for the delay. They have advised they are cutting a check and mailing it to me. That is the DL I have come to know, expect and respect.
Old Aug 11, 16, 9:24 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Got the 20k as well. Interestingly, my delay technically wasn't the technical outage, but because of a mechanical issue-delay was 3.5 hours.

Though, the mechanical issue was also their responsibility (as opposed to weather/ATC)
Old Aug 11, 16, 9:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Me too. I had DL flights Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: